Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, kind of expensive. I just use this...

coilgizmo.jpg

11 bux http://www.artisticwire.com/product-p/jteconwin1.htm

Millah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
FL
I bought a Gizmo, but completely stopped using after a few times. By the time I get the gizmo out, set it up, and get going I could already be done rolling a few coils. My 2.5 mm screwdriver and kanthal are always within arms reach at my desk, so its easier grabbing them and doing it manually. I thought a coiler would help me wrap nicer looking coils....nope, they look just as good done by hand.

This one looks nice but price is steep and I'd probably end up doing the same thing anyway. I'm a lazy ........ Although you can do the same thing that coiler is doing to help you wrap nicer with a screwdriver. Instead of pressing the kanthal past the handle, hold the kanthal along the screwdriver handle similar to how this coiler works, and your fingers will be out of the way of your wrapping.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I bought a Gizmo, but completely stopped using after a few times. By the time I get the gizmo out, set it up, and get going I could already be done rolling a few coils. My 2.5 mm screwdriver and kanthal are always within arms reach at my desk, so its easier grabbing them and doing it manually. I thought a coiler would help me wrap nicer looking coils....nope, they look just as good done by hand.

This one looks nice but price is steep and I'd probably end up doing the same thing anyway. I'm a lazy ........ Although you can do the same thing that coiler is doing to help you wrap nicer with a screwdriver. Instead of pressing the kanthal past the handle, hold the kanthal along the screwdriver handle similar to how this coiler works, and your fingers will be out of the way of your wrapping.

Pretty much the exact same story here. I bought the Gizmo, used it a couple of times, and decided it was too much hassle. I mainly use a 2.4mm screwdriver and hold the Kanthal along the handle, like you. I also straighten my Kanthal before wrapping a coil. I'll usually clip off a bunch of lengths of 24, 26, and 28 and spend the 20 minutes or so to straighten a pile of wires. When I want to wrap, I just get a pre-cut straightened wire and grab my trusty screwdriver. Takes all of 30 seconds to wind a picturesque coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread