New coil tastes slightly burnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laser Beam

Jul 26, 2019
hi guys

I use vaporesso GT2 coils .. primed it and filled the tank full of liquid .. waited 15 minutes .. its tastes slightly burnt .. and then its only good for 15 or 20 ml worth of liquid .. tired pircing the cotton but this ruiend the whole coil .. wasted 3 coils now with the same problem .. i start at 30 watt and then raise to 60 .. what should i do ?

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Reduce your power even further to start.

Since I don't know what you do to prime your coils, all I can say is try, try again.

I know many advocate several ways to prime.
For me it's simply a few drops into the center of the coil and then letting what ever amount will soak into all the side slots.
Seat the coil, close the tank and fill it.
No waiting or poking needed, just a short puff INTO the device and then several puffs like normal before applying power.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
You could have gotten duds, but that’s not very common. Even less common to get a whole pack of them, unless they’re not authentic.

I used a lot of that particular coil and never had a bad one, and never burned one.

Seems to me you are just not breaking it in gently enough. Juice it, fill the tank, allow it to sit, gentle no-fire hits, lower the power (lower than 30, as that doesn’t seem to be working) short easy hits, slowly raising the watts until you get a good hit.
You may not need 60w, I never did.
Don’t rush it. Keep trying until you find just how gently you need to go. Don’t keep doing exactly the same and expect different results.

Laser Beam

Jul 26, 2019
Reduce your power even further to start.

Since I don't know what you do to prime your coils, all I can say is try, try again.

I know many advocate several ways to prime.
For me it's simply a few drops into the center of the coil and then letting what ever amount will soak into all the side slots.
Seat the coil, close the tank and fill it.
No waiting or poking needed, just a short puff INTO the device and then several puffs like normal before applying power.

just tried a few puffs without power and then vaped with a new coil .. it works with me .. brilliant idea ..
thanks

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
hi guys
I use vaporesso GT2 coils .. primed it and filled the tank full of liquid .. waited 15 minutes .. its tastes slightly burnt .. and then its only good for 15 or 20 ml worth of liquid .. tired pircing the cotton but this ruiend the whole coil .. wasted 3 coils now with the same problem .. i start at 30 watt and then raise to 60 .. what should i do ?
Welcome and glad you joined.
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your subject/question. Suggest posting in :General vaping discussion and chat:
General Vaping Discussion
Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane information from the membership in the above/appropriate forum.
ust tried a few puffs without power and then vaped with a new coil .. it works with me .. brilliant idea ..
thanks
Solved, might like to read:
Resistance is Futile - Vapor Connection LLC | Pittsburgh's Premiere Vapor Shop & Lounge
What Ohms should I choose?
Efficiency. Thinner wire and higher resistance VS thick wire and lower resistance
The Vaper`s Guide to Flavour Chasing: 10 Tips To Maximise Flavour

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

It may be due to a bad batch but you don't need to be up that high for a good hit.....40/45 will do. As others have said after you drip prime your coils and have soaked them in your tank start of at around 15-20 and take a few puffs. Gradually increase that until you find your sweet spot but try to keep that lowish like i said above at lest until you have gone through 2-3 tank fulls.

I hope this helps and good luck :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Get an RTA and learn to build problem solved next question!
tenor.gif

• Agree
Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Get an RTA and learn to build problem solved next question!
“Next question” huh? Alright: “where in this day and age can a person learn such knowledge since it is now illegal for shopkeeps to communicate such?”

One good answer is “YouTube” of course. “Here” is also excellent. People have to know it’s already there though and invest several days they may not have hunting the stuff down, finding the equipment, and practicing it.

This IMHO is the entire answer why most cartridge coil systems even exist. Yes there are better ways to do things, but getting the data disseminated and quelling noobish fear is daunting. People don’t know what they don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread