The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New coils, no great vapor, in need of help here, I'm chasing big clouds.

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by MrVP, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MrVP

MrVP Senior Member

Hello, everyone, good afternoon. I'm having trouble to have a good vapor. I don't know if it's becouse of my juice that's 80/20 PG/VG, or I really suck coiling.
    I'll send some pictures of my job, you guys can judge, tell me anything is wrong, what I shouldn't be doing, that's ok. I'll read every opinion.
    I used gauge 26 and did 8 wraps each coil, remembering to use the screwdriver to adjust the coil, like some of the guys in here recomended. I assure there's no hot spots.
    Here are the pictures of the work:

Coils installed:

almost built.jpg

Burning out the coils to avoid hot spots:

burning to be good.jpg

Putting the cotton:

putting the cotton.jpg

Now, my favourite juice:

20141021_155300.jpg

Vapor test:

simply no vapor.jpg

Summary: It's lamme. Is it the coils, or the Joyetech, that's has the 80/20 PG/VG proportion? Or maybe the weather that doesn't let the vapor to stay dense, strong, "hard". I don't know. I'm almost donating 120 feet of kanthal.

I would appreciate any help from you guys. I bought this iTaste RDA thinking it would be better than my Nautilus Mini, but it's not. It's almost the same. Bit better. But not too much. Moderators can see by my album. These are Nautilus pictures. Compared to this picture, iTaste grabs a sausage.

Thanks for those who help.

2. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    VG is where most of the vapor comes from, higher % VG = more 'clouds'.

What does the resistance read on your meter?

3. timnixon

timnixon Full Member

Oct 21, 2014
    union, nj
    big vapor requires the correct temp (coils), correct juice flow (wicking and coil setup) and the correct airflow.. check youtube.. I watched a few vids and 'dual dragon' coil setup seemed to be good, but every one has their choice

4. Saltraker

Saltraker Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Hannibal, Missouri
    My first thought is the juice. Heavier VG juices will produce more vapor, especially at the low ohms you are running. My second thought is the coils appear somewhat sloppy, especially the left-over legs hanging out where you cut the wire. (I assume you are using Kanthal?) A short waiting to happen:blink: Having said that, I'd go for a heavier VG juice, say 40/60 and see out that works out. And trim those legs!

5. Warpigs

Warpigs Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2014
    USA
    Welcome to ECF! Be safe and don't cloud yourself to death!

6. Nightshard

Nightshard Super Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2013
    Israel
    Get more VG in the mix, cut the excess wire tips and get an ohm meter.

7. Goldengeek

Goldengeek Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2014
    UK
    coils arnt too bad try pulling them in towards the posts a bit more, Is the cotton tight to pull through or very loose ? if its too loose and not enough cotton you wont get a good vape.

VG is where the clouds are.

8. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    This ^^^. I use 90% VG when I want to max out vapor production, but even 80% will make a huge difference. It looks like you have cotton touching the outside of the coils underneath them. I tried that and find it reduces vapor production.

I would also like to know what resistance your coils are and what diameter the pin you wrapped on is.

9. Nightshard

Nightshard Super Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2013
    Israel
    If it's too tight you wont get a good vape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.