Not open for further replies.

MonsterKenny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
dublin ohio
www.provape.com
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on our new contest that we will be starting on Friday October 28th!
________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Prize will be a Provari starter kit!

This Includes:
1- Silver Provari
2- 18490 AW High Drain batteries
1- Charger
1- Pack of HV High Resistance Cartomizers
1- Drip Tip
________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONTEST RULES:

Must be 18 years of age or older
Only one entry per ECF USER. Multiple entries can disqualify you.
To enter you will have one post with anything like "I want to Win" or "I want that ProVari", and this will be your entry into the contest. :)

The prize and shipping will be included as part of the contest and this also includes our International friends too! :)

I will Start a new thread on Friday and this thread can be used for comments about the rules or whatnot, but we will have to limit the actual contest thread to only entries. Just so we can keep a clean head count.

The winner will be drawn on November 22nd by a random number generator, and a email and P.M will be posted to the winners ECF account. Once the contest is closed, we will have a random number generator select a number from all the entries and the winning number that corresponds to the post number will be the winner.

We wish everyone the best of luck and someone will have a nice Holiday gift from your friends at ProVape! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I would really like to enter this contest . . . AND really appreciate you are offer such a great prize - Thank YOU ! !

However, since privacy is a real concern - for me and possibly others - would you be willing to accept a post with some other specific information that would let you know and a PM with the same information and our name . . .

As an example: Making a post in the Contest thread (Such as: I'm in for the "Provari") then we PM you with the actual post # and our Real Name, including our address . . .

This would meet the guidelines that you would prefer to guarantee that there is only one post per contestant too . . .

Also, it would be more secure than posting our real names on-line like you want . . .

Just a thought, however I can understand if you do not want to run your contest this way . . .

Cassie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Missouri, United States
I dream about having a ProVari! I am so entering this =)
In regards to Uncle's post... maybe those who don't like the idea of putting their Full name out there they can give first name followed by middle and last initials? It seems to me that going through PM's and matching them to posts would be a bit of a pain if too many people decided they wanted to be anon. There shouldn't be too many people with same first name and last 2 initials =)

Just my :2c::p

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
I have to second Uncle on this one, putting our name out there is a little too much for the open board, I don't want any stalkers finding me.......
stalker.gif
stalker.gif
stalker.gif

That being said, I have tried a half-dozen or so times before for one of these, bring on the contest!!!:thumbs:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I dream about having a ProVari! I am so entering this =)
In regards to Uncle's post... maybe those who don't like the idea of putting their Full name out there they can give first name followed by middle and last initials? It seems to me that going through PM's and matching them to posts would be a bit of a pain if too many people decided they wanted to be anon. There shouldn't be too many people with same first name and last 2 initials =)

Just my :2c::p

That would be good too . . .

I just have a problem concerning security and the problems that already have arisen for a number of people I KNOW . . .

AND with putting my full name on-line where anyone could and might possibly use that information for other reasons than why it was posted . . .

BTW - I do know that if anyone "Really" wanted to get information about "you' they can, however I would rather not make it that much easier for them . . .

First name and Last name in one post - just too much information on a public forum that doesn't even require that information for you to become a member . . .

One or the other - Maybe, but "NOT" both . . .

I would even consider a 'Name" with a specific number is posted - and that would have to correspond with your "Real" Name and that also would HAVE TO be related to what you PM - if you should possibly win as being alright and fair . . .

Last edited:

Vape360

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Monroe, WA
www.ProVape.com
The contest rules have been revised. I agree that its too much info, so well just have you post something like "I want to Win" or "Heck yeah, I want that ProVari" whatever you want to say, but just one post per person.

That's why we wanted to start this thread, to get ideas and to see if anyone had suggestions so we can keep it fair and clean.

Now, anytime there is free stuff involved it can attract those who don't want to play fair. How do you propose we keep out those who might create lots of ECF accounts with different free email accounts just so they can get extra entries? or maybe its not that big of a problem or enough to worry about.

Maybe only accounts with a minimum of 10 posts or something like that?

Open to suggestions. :)

Last edited:

Vape360

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Monroe, WA
www.ProVape.com
im in and ill give ya my full name, addy and phone number...maybe even my ss#,lol

hahaha..no, its actually better we don't get all that. We will PM the winner when its time and get the shipping info, but I like the willing to share it all attitude.

Why don't we just get everyone to send in blood samples...j/k :banana:

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
hahaha..no, its actually better we don't get all that. We will PM the winner when its time and get the shipping info, but I like the willing to share it all attitude.

Why don't we just get everyone to send in blood samples...j/k :banana:

for something i may never be able to afford im up for it,lol. i do enjoy my provape i just picked up in a trade though so im halfway there.

saraf3m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
Eagle Rock, Los Angeles
The contest rules have been revised. I agree that its too much info, so well just have you post something like "I want to Win" or "Heck yeah, I want that ProVari" whatever you want to say, but just one post per person.

That's why we wanted to start this thread, to get ideas and to see if anyone had suggestions so we can keep it fair and clean.

Now, anytime there is free stuff involved it can attract those who don't want to play fair. How do you propose we keep out those who might create lots of ECF accounts with different free email accounts just so they can get extra entries? or maybe its not that big of a problem or enough to worry about.

With any contest you will have the issue of duplicate posts, fake entries, etc. There are teams of people who make a lot of money designing software just to prevent this from happening when you run a contest with this software. Short of tracking the IP address of each and every entrant, you may have to cut your losses. Honestly, as much as the e-cig/PV world is growing, it is still a very small world, and most in it are good moral people. Don't let a few bad apples ruin the barrel.

As for the value of your product...it is lusted after by many including myself. But, for those who can save and wait, if I stashed away $20 USD/mo I'd have a provari, with shipping and insurance, in a year. So it IS attainable even for poor soul such as myself. So, as far as ME obtaining one, its just a matter of time and patience, and in this case a little luck :).
I guess my answer is - Don't sweat the small stuff until the small stuff gets big enough to sweat over.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption

There is nothing wrong with that suggestion, it sure as heck doesn't take long to build up 10 posts...........

As a perennial participant I don't mind losing (well, that's a lie, I hate it but its all for fun, right?!?!?:)) but I just want it to be fair also. I thought there was only one ECF account per IP address no matter what.............:confused:.......isn't that how they weeded the trolls out?

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
There is nothing wrong with that suggestion, it sure as heck doesn't take long to build up 10 posts...........

As a perennial participant I don't mind losing (well, that's a lie, I hate it but its all for fun, right?!?!?:)) but I just want it to be fair also. I thought there was only one ECF account per IP address no matter what.............:confused:.......isn't that how they weeded the trolls out?

I think you are right Ripple...great contest too, can't wait to enter! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread