Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I don't see the privacy concern with using your name... My name isn't exactly a very common name, and if I do a people search using my full name, there are over 60 different people with the same name in my state alone. Someone with a more common name like my girlfriend shares her full name with like 300 people in our state alone.

I agree - Yes . . . many people have common names, however there are even more without the common name also . . . and if you have ever been "violated" by someone using you name and other personal information - you might better understand the problem . . .

Just as an FYI: While I do not have that much to worry about (Financially and I am on an extremely limited income) - I do have a couple of friends who have been violated - one taken for over $150K and then another friend who is still fighting in Federal Court to reclaim their "Life" (i.e., credit cards taken out in their name, unknown "Bills", Child Support for 5 children [NO NOT THEIRS], Check Fraud, etc etc etc) . . .

Get the picture, and it all started with someone having their name and then being able to get their address and then a copy of their SS# . . .

SO - While a name maybe common - someone's life is not . . .

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
So glad to hear that you are open to suggestions . . .

And THANK YOU ! ! ! - for the modification to the rules requiring that First & Last name to be posted to try and control those who maybe devious and is actually the reason why I made the suggestion - devious people (see previous post above #21) . . . BTW: I do not mean anyone specific in ECF community - I have never experienced that from anyone here, just the oposite - but those who might be "trolling' the forum for that kind of information . . .

As for how you can keep those out who might "slam" the contest with additional entries - I'm with "RippleInStillWater" and "tyleris12" on this one "I thought there was only one ECF account per IP address no matter what, isn't that how they weeded the trolls out?" . . .

Given this, I really do not worry about that so much, because those who would be that "devious" and/or "unscrupulous" I think will eventually be found out . . .

AND As much as I really would like to Win the ProVari (probably as much - if not more as "RippleInStillWater") I will take my chance and hope that I might be "lucky" enough to win with my one post and a "Random" draw over being "Like". . .

Well that's just my :2c: and my personal opinion . . .

Can't wait till the contest now - SO PLEASE - look for my post with . . . "I want to Win" or "Heck yeah, I want that ProVari" . . . "ME - Pick Me - PLEASE, PICK ME . . . I want My ProVari" . . . And maybe a few "Smiley" and/or "Emoticons" too . . .

View attachment 59190

EDIT: Just had a quick thought - to keep others from posting additional entries, have them post a picture of themself . . . Now - that would be a site to see and even might work better to keeping it honest ;)

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
That might work Uncle, but I post a Pic of myself everytime I post! While I haven't seen much problem with bad people on ECF I have seen it on other sites and it is not pretty what some of them do.

Yep - I can see that . . . Right over there < < < When you post ;)

AND - My actual picture is on my profile page . . . :D

Hey - We all know anyone can post a picture and say it is them . . .

Just like this one for "Me":

View attachment 59195
If only that were true - Wouldn't that be nice - Right :D

However, this one is more like "Me":

View attachment 59196 or to some this one : View attachment 59197

It was just a thought and suggestion to possibly keep this contest as "honest" as "MonsterKenny" would like to do :)

View attachment 59198

Last edited:

MonsterKenny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
dublin ohio
www.provape.com
We are really going to see how this works out ;)

Once you post something like "I want to win a ProVari" or something like that, that is your entry and whatever number the.post is in the thread, that would be your entry number for the generator.

Thank you everyone for your input on this contest. Lets make this fun!

Ken

sent from my Samsung GalaxyS 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread