New customer with a few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted a lot of questions on the PS forum recently in other threads that have yet to be answered.. I wish I could get some questions answered regarding my purchase, which in retrospect I wish I had asked beforehand.. I was worrying about them selling out, so I put in an order ASAP.

I would like to know

1. Will the adapter on the new PS USBpass be stainless steel or aluminum, and will it be compatible with the Prodigy V2?

2. Why does the current description of the prodigy say it's the Prodigy V1 (NEW VERSION)? Does that mean that it's the V2 or is it the V1 but in stainless steel?

3. If the new version of the Prodigy currently for sale is stainless steel, will the adapter for it be compatible with the USB Passthrough and Protege?

4. There's talk of making a passthrough attachment for the Protege. Will that allow the protege to run at 5v or will it remain 3.7v?

5. Will you be able to run the Protege passthrough through your PC or will you need an AC/DC to USB adapter?

Thank you if you can answer any of my questions...

Last edited:
Ah, I thought maybe this was common knowledge and I was just skipping over whatever link or thread had it. No wonder I wasn't getting any help! :)

I'm still very happy with the purchase I made for the USBpass. I had been anxiously awaiting the "old" version to go back on sale. I'm glad I was able to get in on the pre order I guess of the new stainless steel version. I know it will be a vape worth waiting for. :)

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
I have posted a lot of questions on the PS forum recently in other threads that have yet to be answered.. I wish I could get some questions answered regarding my purchase, which in retrospect I wish I had asked beforehand.. I was worrying about them selling out, so I put in an order ASAP.

I would like to know

1. Will the adapter on the new PS USBpass be stainless steel or aluminum, and will it be compatible with the Prodigy V2?

2. Why does the current description of the prodigy say it's the Prodigy V1 (NEW VERSION)? Does that mean that it's the V2 or is it the V1 but in stainless steel?

3. If the new version of the Prodigy currently for sale is stainless steel, will the adapter for it be compatible with the USB Passthrough and Protege?

4. There's talk of making a passthrough attachment for the Protege. Will that allow the protege to run at 5v or will it remain 3.7v?

5. Will you be able to run the Protege passthrough through your PC or will you need an AC/DC to USB adapter?

1) From what I read on their web site, the new pass-through will be stainless steel. They are getting away from aluminum completely. I haven't seen a picture of the Prodigy V2, but unless it tapers at the end I doubt its adapters will be compatible with the PT and Protege. There's a substantial difference in the diameter of the devices.

2) No idea from me... subject to change maybe?

3) Isn't this the same question as 1? If not I don't understand.

4) Haven't heard that one... but if it's true, I imagine it would enable 5v.

5) If they make one, I imagine it would work the same as the current PT. That is, you could power it from a USB-2 port or a wall adapter.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
1) From what I read on their web site, the new pass-through will be stainless steel. They are getting away from aluminum completely. I haven't seen a picture of the Prodigy V2, but unless it tapers at the end I doubt its adapters will be compatible with the PT and Protege. There's a substantial difference in the diameter of the devices.

2) No idea from me... subject to change maybe?

3) Isn't this the same question as 1? If not I don't understand.

4) Haven't heard that one... but if it's true, I imagine it would enable 5v.

5) If they make one, I imagine it would work the same as the current PT. That is, you could power it from a USB-2 port or a wall adapter.

As for 1) it's a good question:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/puresmoker/42858-prodigy-v2.html

Casey@PS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Nashvegas
www.OurSongForever.com
See answers in red.

I would like to know

Making a total switch over to Stainless Steel across the board. Prodigy adapters will NEVER be compatible with the USB pass/Protege.

V2- It's not open for pre-order yet.

See #1

Haven't heard this one yet, and I work here...

Again, know nothing about the Protege becoming a PT....

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
See answers in red.

Making a total switch over to Stainless Steel across the board. Prodigy adapters will NEVER be compatible with the USB pass/Protege.

Then you might want to revise this description on the web site:

clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
The PS USBpass Adapter (Aluminum) Our Price: $12.99
Icon_FreeShipping_Small.gif

clear1x1.gif

The PS USBpass Adapter

COMPONENTS:

1 x Adapter to outfit the PS USBpass.
*** These will also 1 day fit the Prodigy V2!
WARRANTY: 3 Months on Hard Parts​

Gibby

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Fairfax, VA
IRT #4, Steve did mention something like this in the "Honet questions" thread, here is what was written.

"Flitz .... Excellent idea bud .... This leads me to a way of making a PT without needing a whole seperate device. I stumbled on, I believe Apostle's post, regarding a delrin USB insert for Protege users. I have gone to the engineers to see if we can make this a reality .... Thus being able to transform your Protege it to a 5 volt usb ... Hoping it 1/2 the price of a complete new device ...."

It would be sweet if this happened, but who knows, man would it be awesome! Have to wait to hear from Steve. Its still no more than speculation.

V/R

Gibby

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
IRT #4, Steve did mention something like this in the "Honet questions" thread, here is what was written.

"Flitz .... Excellent idea bud .... This leads me to a way of making a PT without needing a whole seperate device. I stumbled on, I believe Apostle's post, regarding a delrin USB insert for Protege users. I have gone to the engineers to see if we can make this a reality .... Thus being able to transform your Protege it to a 5 volt usb ... Hoping it 1/2 the price of a complete new device ...."

It would be sweet if this happened, but who knows, man would it be awesome! Have to wait to hear from Steve. Its still no more than speculation.

V/R

Gibby

I would love to have a pass through option for the Protege that I already own, but I would like to see a 3.7 option. I don't really care for the existing pass throughs...they seem a bit harsh to me. HMMMM maybe using a cart would help!

Gibby

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Fairfax, VA
I would love to have a pass through option for the Protege that I already own, but I would like to see a 3.7 option. I don't really care for the existing pass throughs...they seem a bit harsh to me. HMMMM maybe using a cart would help!

The PT's aren't resisted at all, so the power output from the USB is what you are going to get out, just so happens that most output 5v, which puts your PT around 4.3V under load. If you get a power pack, or other USB device that outputs less, you would in turn get less power out.

I haven't used a cart in over 4 months, though from what most say, they don't do too well at higher voltage cause they don't keep the atty wet enough.

I know some power packs have selectable voltage.

Just food for thought.

Gibby

Gibby

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Fairfax, VA
Yes, the output of the standard PV battery is 3.7 V, probably around 3.4/5 underload, although i haven't tested that particular config.

If you get a USB device that outputs 4v it will put you at about what you get out of the protege, i say 4v, cause the adjustable output is usually in 1v increments, you may be able to find one and is selectable by .5v, but i haven't seen them myself.

Hope that helps

Gibby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread