Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Only news I've heard is a lawsuit brought against the FDA for delaying the e cig approval stuff to 2022 and objecting as there was no public input into that decision and that new "scientific evidence" shows their kids are at risk of their skin turning purple and their toenails falling off.

As the courts usually defer to the agencies expert opinion on how best to proceed enacting regulations I'm not losing sleep over it.

In other obscure news, Nicopure did file an appeal on the decision they lost in federal court a year or so ago, but I have no Idea if it's even relevant at this point.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Regulation of Flavors in tobacco Products

Action

Advance notice of proposed rulemaking.

Summary

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is issuing this advance notice of proposed rulemaking (ANPRM) to obtain information related to the role that flavors play in tobacco products. Specifically, this ANPRM is seeking comments, data, research results, or other information about, among other things, how flavors attract youth to initiate tobacco product use and about whether and how certain flavors may help adult cigarette smokers reduce cigarette use and switch to potentially less harmful products. FDA is seeking this information to inform regulatory actions FDA might take with respect to tobacco products with flavors, under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), as amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act (Tobacco Control Act). Potential regulatory actions include, but are not limited to, tobacco product standards and restrictions on sale and distribution of tobacco products with flavors.

Regulation of Flavors in Tobacco Products

Proposed Rule Comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread