Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsay1126

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Near Seattle, WA
Hi all,
I have decided my hand at DIYing since I can't ever find exactly what I want without mixing my juices together. Well I placed an order from cappella and an 100mg (30ml) nicotine and Catalan cream from ecigexpress. I just read the warning on 100mg nicotine and am now worried. Has anyone else used from this vender recently. I had planned to use very little nicotine as I like my range from 12-18mg and use gloves while mixing. Any input? Also I am going to tell you all all the flavors I have ordered and can you guys help me out with recipes or percentages to make some using what I have. I defiantly want to try to make a better version on MBV moo juice(strawberry cream), a cheesecake(maybe with strawberry), and a peanut butter cookie(I was thinking sugar cookie and peanut butter) Any other ideas would be great. Also, I like a 70pg/30vg mix. Like I said this is my first try so need some help figuring out recipe until I understand the process better. I downloaded the newest version of calculator, if that helps. Thanks in advance!
Cappella
Sweet strawberry
peanut butter
hot cocoa
marshmallow
graham cracker
new york cheesecake
cinnamon danish
sugar cookie
honeydew
sweetner
PG
VG
ecig express
100 mg nicotine (30ml)
Catalan Cream

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
Did you purchase some PG/VG liquid to dilute the 100mg nicotine? If so, use the E-Juice Me Up calculator and plug in the numbers, hit calculate at the bottom and it will show you how much to use. It's an invaluable tool for me to use. I too use 100mg nicotine to mix my bases to work with my flavors. Be safe, Good luck, and Happy vaping! :vapor:

I just reread your post....looks like you have all the tools and have everything covered very well.

Last edited:

lindsay1126

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Near Seattle, WA
Yes, I made sure I had at least small bottles of pg/vg, I plan to get a bigger bottle next pay day. But I was worried about the thread that said that some nicotine labeled 100mg was actually double that. What percentages should I start with flavor. I know to start low and add if I want(i do love flavor though) but don't know what to input the calculator. I have seen anywhere from 2-3% all the way to 10% in recipes. Thanks.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Mix up some 12-18mg unflavored base first, maybe about 60mL. Then break this out into small 5mL bottles and use a single flavor in each. Taste each flavor separately, (510 or 306 atty handy here) dripping on the atty. Taste a few drops of your single flavor creations combined with others by dripping a drop of one with a drop of another to see what works for you.

Once you know what each flavor tastes to you, will make it easier to develop combinations that you like...:)

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Right, you don't know what to put into the calculator for flavoring level.

I don't either.

I have recipes that range from 0.35% to 35% total flavoring.

I do have a suggestion with the Capella's though...Mix each one up in single flavor batches at 10% and 15% and get a feel for each flavoring.
Oddly Cap's is one of the rare flavoring producers that I could give you such a narrow range where I am sure all the flavorings will work.

lindsay1126

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Near Seattle, WA
Mix up some 12-18mg unflavored base first, maybe about 60mL. Then break this out into small 5mL bottles and use a single flavor in each. Taste each flavor separately, (510 or 306 atty handy here) dripping on the atty. Taste a few drops of your single flavor creations combined with others by dripping a drop of one with a drop of another to see what works for you.

Once you know what each flavor tastes to you, will make it easier to develop combinations that you like...
Thanks, I am getting my new mvp2 and atty this week so I will be ready when flavors get here. So you think I should start this way instead of recipes?

lindsay1126

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Near Seattle, WA
I do have a suggestion with the Capella's though...Mix each one up in single flavor batches at 10% and 15% and get a feel for each flavoring.
Oddly Cap's is one of the rare flavoring producers that I could give you such a narrow range where I am sure all the flavorings will work.
Thanks, thats is what I will do then.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

Once you know what each flavor tastes to you, will make it easier to develop combinations that you like...:)

Great advice here and maybe start with 5% if the flavors are non-tobacco and 3% if they are tobaccos. You can also make several small 5ml samples at the same time with each flavor in different percentages and see which taste best for you. Give them a day or 2 to mature before making your final dicission. What is important is that you get fimilure with each individual flavor before combining severl flavors.

Read my blogs before getting started

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

then read hoosier's blogs.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Danoman

Moved On
Oct 11, 2013
Anniston, Al, USA
Everything sounds good... looks like.

With the 100mg Nicotine, no kidding on the 'play it safe' area there... if you have a Lowes or a Home Depot close by, because that strength isn't something to take ANY chances with, if you can, try to find the "VENOM STEEL" brand of thick, heavy duty black Nitrile gloves. (I think I paid only like $10-$12 bucks for a box of 50)

They are 70% thicker than the other disposable gloves and they don't get slippery when any liquid gets on them. They are in a Black and Silver box and have a red spider on in with the big label "VENOM" underneath the spider on the right top. Better safe than sorry... I swear by them. Good thing is, they can be rinsed off with soap and water before taking them off and left to dry after doing your mixing. :)

Danoman...

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I too was worried about 100mg nic when I first started. I used up a bottle of 36mg first as practice but have used 100mg since. It's really pretty easy. I already have my #'s memorized for 12mg mixes and it's always the first thing I add to the bottle. It's not something to ever make an error on but it's really easy to be careful with too. I'm so used to what it looks like in each sized bottle that even if I "think I made a mistake with the syringe" I can easily see how much is in the bottle and feel confident.

Outside of a mathematical error, the only other big no no is spilling. That's easy to protect against too. I keep a small working bottle of nic along with my pg/vg. I made a foam mixing tray with holes cut out. All my bottles fit snugly and literally can't spill.

I've also had a little on my skin before. It's no big deal. Just quickly wash with soap and water. Kinda nerve wracking the first time but I've gotten much more nic in my system from chain vaping a rda. There's no mistaking the too much nic feeling and I didn't even notice after getting some 100mg on my skin.

lindsay1126

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Near Seattle, WA
Even though I understand working with 100mg nicotine needs to be done with much caution, I am actually talking about this post. I should have posted it to begin with. I just don't want my nicotine in my finished juice to be doubled or more than what I think.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/234886-d-n-g-e-r-100mg-nicotine-liquid.html
With the 100mg Nicotine, no kidding on the 'play it safe' area there... if you have a Lowes or a Home Depot close by, because that strength isn't something to take ANY chances with, if you can, try to find the "VENOM STEEL" brand of thick, heavy duty black Nitrile gloves. (I think I paid only like $10-$12 bucks for a box of 50)
Thanks I will pick up some. I was just going to use my non latex gloves I keep to handle meat, but these sound much better.

lindsay1126

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Near Seattle, WA
I love when the experts show up! They know what they are talking about, I've learned some great tips from them...great advice!!
I know, I have been on many different types of forums and this one is by far the best. I have never got such great advice so quickly. I am so glad I have such experienced people taking time out of their lives to give me(such a newbie) advise. Thanks.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Even though I understand working with 100mg nicotine needs to be done with much caution, I am actually talking about this post. I should have posted it to begin with. I just don't want my nicotine in my finished juice to be doubled or more than what I think.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/234886-d-n-g-e-r-100mg-nicotine-liquid.html
Thanks I will pick up some. I was just going to use my non latex gloves I keep to handle meat, but these sound much better.

There haven't been any reports of this lately but if it concerns you most of the venders that sell NIC solution sell an inexpensive NIC testing kit. But the best protection you can get from this is to buy your NIC from a reputable vender.

Nicotine Test Kits

Last edited:

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011

That was 1 main supplier company 2 years ago and has been rectified. All of the nic suppliers that are recommended these days were not part of that and from testing done on many of them have come back so very close to the stated mg/ml.

lindsay1126

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Near Seattle, WA
That was 1 main supplier company 2 years ago and has been rectified. All of the nic suppliers that are recommended these days were not part of that and from testing done on many of them have come back so very close to the stated mg/ml.
Thanks. Like I said I bought from ecigexpress, would you consider them a good vender?

Jellyfish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Philly Burbs
If you are concerned about handling 100 mg/ml nic base, cut the concentration in half by diluting it. For example, carefully measure out 10 mls of 100 mg/ml nic solution and dilute it down with either 10 mls of PG or VG. You'll now have 20 mls of a 50 mg/ml nic base. Using equal volumes of nic base and dilution liquid is easiest to calculate, but you could ratio it any way that you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread