NEW DSE 601 dead after 1 day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darmeen

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
TX USA
Okay, I am kinda .......

I bought a 601 in December and loved it as a daily user (mostly in evenings) for over 4 months. Well it died two weeks ago, so I ordered two atty's from China and got them yesterday. I started using one yesterday afternoon when I got home from work, and this morning the stupid thing stopped working, just like my other one...light comes on, but no joy...even doing a 'cleaning' cycle by jumping the post does not get the atty to heat up.

Now I am sitting at work, and have nothing to use. I left my 510 at the house this morning.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I feel for you. Out of the (4) DSE601 atty/bowls Ive had since i started vaping, 1 died after some intensively harsh overuse, 1 was dead after a day or two, 1 was horribly weak on vapor production, and 1 works like a dream. The one I had that died after a day or so only worked intermittently before dying completely.

I read that Janty is maybe/kinda/possibly thinking about making a pipe. If so, I'd jump all over it. An upsized mini-pipe would be nice with a separate replaceable atty from the battery compartment. Even a 601 with a polymer battery bowl instead of the cracking prone wood bowl would do.

Here's hoping that EM does right by you.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I bought my first 601 last month (the first part of march) and i thought it died and emailed ARLO smoke products where I bought it and they sent me a free replacement within a few days. However, the first one came back to life and is working great as of today. So I sent ARLO the money for a new bowl to keep the replacement as a backup.

After the first few days, I couldn't get enough vapor out of the first one. Turns out I was flooding the atty (I'm new to this vaping thing). But now I'm filling fresh carts with about 30 drops (approx 1ml) and topping off with about 15 drops when vapor production gets low.

Sounds like a lot of juice, but it's working great for me. BIG vapor.

I think I'll spend the extra $$ and get the Ruyan original when I get another one.

I do find if I'm hitting it hard or a lot at one time, the atty light stays on until I blow into the pipe. anybody have this problem?

Ed.

MusicBox

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
Australia
Let me start by saying I love my 601.

The switch sticks, as you say, I haven't tried blowing into it to turn it off but I find a thump on the palm of my hand does the trick.
Unfortunately it doesn't just stick but will turn itself on in a jacket pocket so I don't use the thing unless I'm in a situation where it is always in my hand.
After use I always blow into the bowl and leave to drain upside down.
I would love to hear if the Ruyan suffers from this. I hear that it loses a bit of vapour compared to the 601 but I could live with that. (because there's plenty)

Also I think I might be strange because I love the juice in the original carts (even ordered some more) Am I the only one?

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Glad to see some recient gab on the 601, since I just ordered 2 kits so I could double up on bat's & atty's...Never used one before but I love the concept of it. Have you guys got a place you order parts that are more reasonable($) or are we stuck with China for the atty's at a slightly reduced price? Hope janty comes through with a pipe like the 601 only better & cheaper on replacement parts!!!Anyone else feel that way?

I have three DSE601, and a replacement on the way from China. I love pipe concept, but I think there are too many problems with DSE601.

A month ago I bought a Ruyan pipe. It does not provide quite as much vapor as DSE601, but much more flavor.

Last week I bought also a Greencig G500. Unfortunately it stopped working after 5 minutes. I expect that there will be a replacement tomorrow, plus an extra set. The G500 gave me the best five minutes with a pipe so far - so therefore I want 2 sets of G500 ;-)

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Hey thanks Dane, I think its possible that Janty may come out with a model of the pipe from following the threads. A lot of people are expressing interest, I may hang on the fence to see what they do.
I did however order 2 601's from dse around the 14th...Still hasn't left China yet, but going thru their customs. How was ordering with them??
I'd like feed back because I haven't ordered from them in the past, & They don't answer E-mails. Have you had any problems? Hope it goes Okay!?

Hey thanks Dane, I think its possible that Janty may come out with a model of the pipe from following the threads. A lot of people are expressing interest, I may hang on the fence to see what they do.
I did however order 2 601's from dse around the 14th...Still hasn't left China yet, but going thru their customs. How was ordering with them??
I'd like feed back because I haven't ordered from them in the past, & They don't answer E-mails. Have you had any problems? Hope it goes Okay!?

Ordering in China was OK. It went fast trough Costum in Demark, because DSE wrote, value $10. But the service isn,t of cause not the same as on a Ruyan or G500. You have to send the damaged back to Chine, and for them to make a survey on the damaged pipe.

Treadmaker

Apr 4, 2010
illinois
I absolutely adore my two Pipe 601s, I actually smoked a mere two analogues yesterday after 20 years of pack-a-day. Maybe the DSE601s wont last more than a month but how long does a carton of camels last? A week maybe. Thanks to Kristen for telling me about cignot, I got some awesome menthol and camel flavored; the best part is theyre just uptown from me.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
How often are you guys having to top off your carts? Stupid question, I know - it depends on how much you use it....

I'm topping the cart off at least 5 - 6 times a day with about 15 - 20 drops 24mg. My consumption of juice was never that high until I switched to Halo juice. Does this Halo juice just burn faster, or what?

Also, how long will you keep refilling a cart before you switch to a new one? I've been refilling the same cart for about a week and haven't noticed any bad flavor.

Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread