The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New..dse901 arrived today

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by expat, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. expat

expat Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    :)

Postman brought me my new gear today. I put the batteries on the charger one by one, but the green light came on nearly at once. I am assuming from that they didn't need charging.

It came with 5 atomized cartridges, I've no idea what is in them, they are only marked High. I think I managed to get it all together right.

Almost no vapor though. nearly none. It is me, or is that typical?

2. cskent

cskent Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2010
    Ohio
    Atomized cartridges generally refers to cartomizers, but the 901 is a 3 piece. The 901 battery can accept the KR808 carto's though so maybe that's what you got. Is it a 2 piece, or 3? If you're using atomizers they need to break in for a while, usually a few hours or so before they start producing decent vapor. There may also be some primer on the atty, you'd know because it tastes disgusting but burns off after a while and gets better. If you're using cartomizers it could be they're over or underfilled. Either situation will cause a loss in vapor production. A little more info on what exactly you've got would help diagnose the situation.

3. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    Sure. It's a three piece. The box those 5 came in are marked 'atomized cartridge'.

I'll give it a while then and see if the situation improves, in the event that they need breaking in. I also ordered a spare atomizer, and I have tried that one as well. Same result.

4. Melnik

Melnik Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2011
    Burnaby, Canuckland
    Regular 910 are kinda weak in vapor department. I have 2 that i almost never use. And yes, get rid of the primer fluid. I usually don't bother with blowing thing and drop them in alcohol right after unpacking... then dry and prime.

5. Chrissie

Chrissie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hello & welcome Expat :)

The atomized cartridges label is so confusing to most folks :( They are just what we call cartridges prefilled with e-liquid.

The 901 isn't a bad e-cig - far from it, but not the best. The batteries do come with a factory charge, hence why the light on the charger quickly turned green. Do give it a while for the atomisers to kick in but also please buy some e-liquid soon to refill your cartridges.

6. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
  7. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    I have three separate orders, all have been shipped, and I expect them any time this week. I went a little mad and got quite a variety :p

Thanks for the link DC2...that is what I am doing, so that's something at least.

8. dee5

dee5 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Don't listen to the 901 bashers, lol! Seriously though, I love mine and have used it almost exclusively for over 2 years. I don't know why manufacturers starting printing "Atomized Cartridge" on their packaging because they are just regular cartridges inside. Those 5 aren't going to last you very long so order some juice pronto! Yes, the batteries come already charged, so go ahead and use one. You can put the other one on the charger to top it off in the mean time if you want. It won't hurt it. When the one you are using starts flashing at the tip LED, it's time to swap them out. When putting your battery in the charger, screw it in gently and don't over tighten. The charger light will turn red while it's charging and green when it is ready to use.
    Please do watch the video about proper inhalation technique. Most times manufacturers will send the atomizer with a mouthpeice already attached to it- this one is empty! Be sure you have pulled that one off and put on one from your box of cartridges. Don't throw the empty one away though, you can stuff it and refill it with liquid when you get some.
    901 attys DO have a break in period and sometimes are disappointing at first. But after the first day or two, woo-hoo! Here, I'll show you:
    YouTube - In Defense of the DSE901 002
    Dee
    PS- Hey! You're in Arkansas, me too! If you're close by I'd be happy to get together with you and help you learn about your 901. I'm in Springdale.

9. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    Thanks for that dee5! Wow, I hope this comes right in a day or two, I am getting nothing like the vapor you did in your video. Can't wait! That was very well done I think.

Yes I am waiting on my juice as we speak. I didn't want to take to it and run out at the get go. Got quite a lot on the way, after reading a lot here on what is your favorite and what is your worst threads :p

I did trade the mouthpiece for one in the box, and saved the one that was in there, for when the rest of my goodies arrive.

Thank again!

10. joeperson

joeperson Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Long Island, USA
    I got the DSE901 Platinum from Totally Wicked, and I like it quite a bit.
    The vapor production is pretty good for an auto-battery and doesn't "misfire" on me.
    I have no problems in that regard. You may be inhaling too fast or the atomizer hasn't been primed well enough for the first few hits.

I don't understand the "atomized cartridges" description either, that would qualify a cartomizer.
    I noticed the pre-filled carts don't taste as nasty as most I've gotten with kits.

edit: Just watched dee's vid, and I like that "if you don't think it produces vapor...hello" part

11. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    Bit of a misnomer I think. These pre filled ones aren't that nasty, but I will be swapping soon as I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.