New dude with epuffer question/problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post. I have bought two different e-cigs. I first bought the Choices E-cig. It has been working OK, they did send a replacement atomizer and have been very fast to answer questions.
Wanting to have a second unit, I purchased the epuffer micro. That's where my problems began. The shipment was delay, and when I did receive it the unit appears to be faulty. Really little (mostly none) 'smoke at all. And most of the time you end up pulling liquid in, gross.
I have sent four notes to them explaining and asking what I am supposed to do.. something to do different? return cig? return atomizer? return the whole thing? I have not got a reply to any of the notes.
Has anyone else been having problems with epuffer and getting any service?

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Thought I should post a quick update.
Epuffer finally responded to me 5th note. (the only way to contact them is by e-mail through their website)
I explained that the Micro system that had been sent to me was not working. To me the atomizer was not doing its job.
The answer I got was that I should buy a different product. That I should buy the Magmum, quote "The electronic cigarette model that you've tried is designed for a light smoker. If you smoke more than ten cigarettes a day we highly recommend trying our latest model EAZE Magnum "
Well I didn't just 'try' it, I paid for it, and stuff to go with it.
When I replied I said that nowhere on the website did it say anything about being less than 10 cigs a day, the response was that the info was in the manual. Duh!! you don't get the manual till you have bought it!!
So I am left with buying another unit from them (not real inclined) or to return the micro for a refund. Even though it is not working, they will deduct an amount for the cartridges used (2), and a 20% restocking fee, plus the postage to get it back to them.

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
epuffer sucks rocks. Their responses are full of sh*t. I had to threaten them with the Better business bureau to get them to refund a penstyle I had returned to them 3 weeks earlier. "We had network problems, new email server" My .... I made the mistake of saying "I'll use the refund amount to buy e-liquid" so, I was only offered store credit which they never added to my account like they said they would. Finally after threatening them, they filled an order of e-liquid to use up my store credit, and that'll be the last time I go through them.

First post. I have bought two different e-cigs. I first bought the Choices E-cig. It has been working OK, they did send a replacement atomizer and have been very fast to answer questions.
Wanting to have a second unit, I purchased the epuffer micro. That's where my problems began. The shipment was delay, and when I did receive it the unit appears to be faulty. Really little (mostly none) 'smoke at all. And most of the time you end up pulling liquid in, gross.
I have sent four notes to them explaining and asking what I am supposed to do.. something to do different? return cig? return atomizer? return the whole thing? I have not got a reply to any of the notes.
Has anyone else been having problems with epuffer and getting any service?

Last edited:

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Hey Flames,

I'm brand new to these forums and to esmoking as well. My first purchase was from Epuffer and I got the eaze magnum. Both batteries were dead in less than 30 days and 3 of the carts burned up on me (with an awful taste). Getting them to reply can be quite difficult but they eventually do. The shipments seem to take a very long time as well. 12 days for my first order and they are a 30 minute drive away. The one thing I will say is that the eaze magnum (its apparently a LTV9) is pretty incredible when it's working. Shame its so flaky.

Needless to say, I have given up on them (I don't think they are scammers, just incompetent) and orders an EVO from the UK. After a ton of reading and balancing the fanboi posts with the haters, I get the impression it is a reliable workhorse. I ordered some extra parts since I expect shipping times to be quite lengthy.

Good luck finding something that works.

PS. These forums are filled with an amazing amount of information. I wish I had or done some reading before my first purchase.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Hey Flames,

I'm brand new to these forums and to esmoking as well. My first purchase was from Epuffer and I got the eaze magnum. Both batteries were dead in less than 30 days and 3 of the carts burned up on me (with an awful taste). Getting them to reply can be quite difficult but they eventually do. The shipments seem to take a very long time as well. 12 days for my first order and they are a 30 minute drive away. The one thing I will say is that the eaze magnum (its apparently a LTV9) is pretty incredible when it's working. Shame its so flaky.

Needless to say, I have given up on them (I don't think they are scammers, just incompetent) and orders an EVO from the UK. After a ton of reading and balancing the fanboi posts with the haters, I get the impression it is a reliable workhorse. I ordered some extra parts since I expect shipping times to be quite lengthy.

Good luck finding something that works.

PS. These forums are filled with an amazing amount of information. I wish I had or done some reading before my first purchase.

Nuck--IMO you made a good move. The disposable cart/atomizer looks good at first glance, but when you think it out--you give up the ability to fill your own blanks coupled with the bigger problem that when you are out of cartridges, there is nothing you can do but wait for a shipment. The cartridges should be the least of anyones problems. With most other models you can replace the cores in your carts and keep reusing them. So you made a good choice to go with another style--Happy Vaping--Sun:)

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Flames, Elle, Youfillintheblanks, I have had my own problems contacting them and they gave me the same technical problems excuse. They always came through in the end though, so I've been forgiving. You've given me cause to reconsider. ANd this is the first time I've heard of anyone charging a restocking fee on a refund. That's outrageous. As for the micro, I've only found ONE e-cig in that 89 to 84 mm range that works satisfactorily. That's the one from ecigstop.com.

Nuck, You're right. The Magnum is the only thing they sell that's impressed me. It's not actually a LTv9, it's a copy. But this copy is better than the original. The batteries, anyway. Half my cartridges were bad. Good news is that Bloog is working on getting similarly upgraded batteries, but for now ePuffer has the best batteries for this class.

Sun, the disposables aren't for everyone, and I do miss the range of flavors. There's also not much throat kick to them, either, except a couple of the flavors. So they're not for everyone. But they have their strong suits too, and a lot of us do like them. Personally I think a good strategy is one of each type. A 901 or penstyle along with the disposable. I always used more than one e-cig at a time anyway, I find it's nice to have a choice of flavors and strengths available.

jfh8553

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2009
Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
ePuffer is driving me NUTS (and I am ALREADY kind a nuts to start with, so I guess it's a short drive) Anyway, I also had bats go in just days. Got return # after much requesting. Now waiting two weeks for refund??!?!?!? Just e-mailed them for the fourth time this go round. I do agree though that the vapor from the disposables is quite amazing---I just got a Bloog today (with two extra bats upfront this time). Am again enjoying the great much thicker vapor (hoping the bats are better from them). I have absolutely NO problem refilling the atomizer/carts with my own liquid. I just pop off the little end and squirt the juice in!!! (careful to not hit the wire directly, of course)

Hey again.
I am a member of a couple of on-line auto clubs and at times the constant negative posters can be a drag... so I hesitated to make my first post here a negative. At the same time I thought people should know.
I do plan to have multiple units at all times so that I don't have an excuse to give up. As of now I have cut my use of what you guys refer to as analogs by 50%. From 1.5 packs a a day to .75.
Right now I have a Choice ecig unit. Have had atomizer issues but their customer service is awesome.
I have the e-puffer unit which is toe-tag dead.. but I have a different supplier sending me a unit. Similar to the Choice unit. Will give it a try.
The magnum sounds risky given epuffers track record, but that may be the only way I see any value for my money.
Really going to try and make this plan work. :)

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Hey again.
I am a member of a couple of on-line auto clubs and at times the constant negative posters can be a drag... so I hesitated to make my first post here a negative. At the same time I thought people should know.
I do plan to have multiple units at all times so that I don't have an excuse to give up. As of now I have cut my use of what you guys refer to as analogs by 50%. From 1.5 packs a a day to .75.
Right now I have a Choice ecig unit. Have had atomizer issues but their customer service is awesome.
I have the e-puffer unit which is toe-tag dead.. but I have a different supplier sending me a unit. Similar to the Choice unit. Will give it a try.
The magnum sounds risky given epuffers track record, but that may be the only way I see any value for my money.
Really going to try and make this plan work. :)

Flames--go with a tried an proven (as best that that can be for now) the DSE 901 and the Pens have their issues, but they meet the standard of acceptable reliability as it stands now. Glad to hear you have cut way back on the "Coffin Nails"--hang in there and good for you!! Sun:)

sonnyinbc

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2009
Vancouver Island,B.C. Canada
Right now I am smoking the tar and chem smokes because all 3 batteries from epuffer for my eaze magnum failed within 38 days.

Two days ago I got an email in the morning from Lisa Green, and later at noon a phone call from her, telling me that, yes a bad batch of batteries were produced, and they were shipping me 3 new ones.

And they have, I am tracking my order so I know she kept her word.

I am not going to give up just yet on them, because the vapor effect is awesome!! It had taken me from 50 smokes a day down to 5-7. That is how much I like them when the batteries work.:wub:

And did I mention that I have been smoking for 51 years:evil:

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Threaten them. This is a copy of what I sent them after waiting 3 weeks for my "refund" Funnily enough, I got a reply in mere hours, and the goods at my door the next day. Threaten the useless .......

3RD REQUEST!!!

How long is it going to take for you to answer me??? Seriously, do I need to be contacting the Better Business Bureau to get you to do something?

I WANT MY MONEY BACK, OR THE GOODS I ASKED FROM YOU ALMOST 3 WEEKS AGO!

If I am not answered by friday night, I'm calling the Better Business Bureau on Monday. If you offer a 30 day return policy, and that "returned" money can't be used because you don't pay attention to, or answer my fu*king emails then what good is it???

you have been warned

ePuffer is driving me NUTS (and I am ALREADY kind a nuts to start with, so I guess it's a short drive) Anyway, I also had bats go in just days. Got return # after much requesting. Now waiting two weeks for refund??!?!?!? Just e-mailed them for the fourth time this go round.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Daaaamn...look at all the Canadians. I didn't think there were this many smokers left in Canada.

sonnyinbc, I just got 4 batteries from them in an effort to have enough to finish the 25 carts I still have. I hope like hell I got from a different batch although if I didn't I'm sure I will know soon enough. There was another Canadian supplier selling Smoke 51 products that I think may have compatible batteries. It might be worrth checking if they would be compatible and then switching to them to avoid the magical epuffer customer service experience.

XxxSELFxxX

Mar 11, 2009
these guys are full of it. i got the magnum eaze along with 2 e-cigs, 15 cartridges, and the charger..BOTH cigs stopped working after just 2 days..i have written them several times and no response! i can't get either cig to work and all i want is my money back at this point but they simply won't reply. i am disputing the charge with my bank tomorrow morning. i've had it with them. their instruction manual comes in english however not even one sentence is correct. don't they have proof readers?? unbelieveably incompetent..STAY AWAY FROM THESE ......!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread