New ECF Sister Site - Metavaper (can I get your help?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hi all,

For some time I've wanted to run a fully fledged sister site to ECF that focuses on deals, bargains and giveaways. We have a coupons site but it's been very neglected over the years, and wasn't ever a real priority since it kind of didn't "mesh" with the ECF spirit for me.

So, I've enlisted the help of an old friend to put together Metavaper, which is now up and running (in draft form).

I want Metavaper to be fun, useful and community-focused. The idea is that any deals or bargains spotted by anyone can be listed on the site. We'll be hosting a ton of members-only giveaways and all sorts of other things.

For now, though, I'm really keen to get feedback from you - what do you think Metavaper can do that you'd enjoy or that would be useful to you?

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Visiting it now, and I'll put my comments as I see them..

First thing I visited, was the tanks. I didn't see an option to filter out RTA or premade coils. Nor is there an option for that.

It may be a bit daunting, but maybe have a clearance section.. those deals that last only while they have stock, etc. Sometimes I might bite if I see an old favorite tank on clearance, but those deals won't be shown in the regular sales.

Maybe a dedicated space for ads if you have ads. that way the familiar format will always be the same.

A link to ECF?

Maybe a hint that it is a pre-order for those items that are a pre order?

Although I am from the US, maybe post where that company is from if known.. might help with shipping.

For mods, maybe post battery/wattage for separation and have an "all" option. maybe: built in, Single, dual, tri, 4+.

the logo is perfect, and the color and layout is simplistic which is good. if you wish to polish it up some, you could put some low res pics.. maybe a quick loading black and white gif of vapor on the sides or as a background.

Just some precursory observations.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Excellent idea! Good luck going forward.

Hi all,

For some time I've wanted to run a fully fledged sister site to ECF that focuses on deals, bargains and giveaways. We have a coupons site but it's been very neglected over the years, and wasn't ever a real priority since it kind of didn't "mesh" with the ECF spirit for me.

So, I've enlisted the help of an old friend to put together Metavaper, which is now up and running (in draft form).

I want Metavaper to be fun, useful and community-focused. The idea is that any deals or bargains spotted by anyone can be listed on the site. We'll be hosting a ton of members-only giveaways and all sorts of other things.

For now, though, I'm really keen to get feedback from you - what do you think Metavaper can do that you'd enjoy or that would be useful to you?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I think it would be helpful to have a sale start and end date for time sensitive sales or a clearance til stock is gone type of notice for clearance items..

It seems very difficult as it is to tell whether the posting your looking at is still good..

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
After browsing the website for awhile now, I have a few comments and questions:
(1) I clicked to go take a look at Accessories. When the page loaded...of the 10 things shown there, 8 are RDAs and RTAs. ;) Question: Since members spot these "deals" for the site...do they also choose what category to have them appear in, ON the site? If the answer is yes, I can see where the categories can become very cluttered with items that should be in different categories.

(2) While browsing the "Stores" list, I noticed that many places I buy vaping items from, don't appear on the list. I'm sure there are lots of them that others shop at, too, that aren't on there.
Question: What determines which stores appear on the site? Do only those stores who pay a fee to be shown, show up? Or...Will any store appear when members post a deal that vendor has?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Just registered with the site and had and problems.
*Would prefer accessories be limited to actual accessories. There were only two actual accessories listed; the rest were attys and a kit.
*The "buy now" without listing where I am buying from is a guarantee that I won't click on that posting.
* I agree that there should be a drop down for atomizers: RDA, RTA, Tanks
*Would be nice if you could get some wire vendors on board like Advanced Vape Supply, Kbees, Lightning Vapes, etc.
*Would have liked to have seen instruction on how to post deals or if I can post deals when I registered.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Just registered with the site and had and problems.
*Would prefer accessories be limited to actual accessories. There were only two actual accessories listed; the rest were attys and a kit.
*The "buy now" without listing where I am buying from is a guarantee that I won't click on that posting.
* I agree that there should be a drop down for atomizers: RDA, RTA, Tanks
*Would be nice if you could get some wire vendors on board like Advanced Vape Supply, Kbees, Lightning Vapes, etc.
*Would have liked to have seen instruction on how to post deals or if I can post deals when I registered.

I registered and was told to log in, but couldn't log in without the activation email which I haven't received yet..

You got yours already?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I registered and was told to log in, but couldn't log in without the activation email which I haven't received yet..

You got yours already?
I wasn't told to log in, just that I now had an account don't remember the exact wording). I used my ECF name and the same password I use here to register.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I wasn't told to log in, just that I now had an account don't remember the exact wording). I used my ECF name and the same password I use here to register.

Okay that's useful.. I used all the same login information as well.. it's likely we just haven't gotten the registration emails yet..

Thank you

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Okay that's useful.. I used all the same login information as well.. it's likely we just haven't gotten the registration emails yet..

Thank you
I just logged in and wasn't asked for any code. Trying to figure out how to post a deal now.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hey thanks for all the updates so far, really useful and all has been noted.

Regarding current content - do remember that it's all very provisional. Also, the site is REALLY slow because it's in development mode.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Very cool! I registered and performed a search for "minikin" (just to test the search function. Yielded 0 results, lol) and clicked on some of the categories. Got me 100 points for logging in today, too! :banana::banana::banana:

Will this be all new gear or will there be a section for preloved gear and "looking for" like we have here?

So, for the search engine we will be able to type in a product and get results from multiple stores (like vapecrawler does)? That will be awesome if so. Lots of options! I'm excited!! :)

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I agree this site could be a valuable resource but it needs subcategories. As it is now you have to slog through a list of items that have nothing to do with the category or very little.
The price division could be more user friendly. Like 0-10, 0-20, 0-30 etc. I don't want to miss a sale because I put the wrong parameters into the search.

It didn't even make me register or sign in. Maybe because I was signed in here.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So I posted a deal and site said it was posted but can't find it in the categories. Will check back later, maybe it takes a while to show up.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread