New eCigarette Study

Status
Not open for further replies.

aflouris

Sep 14, 2011
Greece
[FONT="]Researchers from the FAME Lab ([url=http://www.famelab.gr]FAME Lab[/url]) designed a quick survey to examine how ex-smokers use e-Cigarettes in relation to their use of tobacco cigarettes. The survey can be found at [url]https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/eCigarette_Survey[/url]. To complete it you only need to answer six simple questions. If you need any kind of clarifications or would like to ask a question, just contact FAME Lab researchers at [URL="http://www.famelab.gr/"]www.famelab.gr[/URL].[/FONT]

aflouris

Sep 14, 2011
Greece
Just a quick note: This thread is not spam. This survey is part of a larger project. The results will give us information on the normal use of eCigs in relation to normal cigarettes. This way we will be able to standardise our experimental protocol. For further information, please contact us through our contact form in FAME Lab. We are hoping that members of the e-cigarette forum will fill in this survey to help us standardise our measurements and reflect appropriately the normal use of eCigarettes.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
99.9% of users would not know how many puffs a day they take, or any other similar measure. It's like asking how many steps you take a day. Many do not even have an accurate measure of how many ml per day they use in refills.

We realise you have to measure it somehow but the problem is: people have no accurate data for this amount. Maybe what you need to do first is to have an introductory page where you explain that you will be asking people how much they consume, and the measure or measurements you will ask for. Then, a suggestion on how they could measure it. When they have the measurements you suggest, then they can complete the form.

Without this 'preamble' most of your results, as far as consumption levels go, will be worthless.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
99.9% of users would not know how many puffs a day they take, or any other similar measure. It's like asking how many steps you take a day. Many do not even have an accurate measure of how many ml per day they use in refills.

We realise you have to measure it somehow but the problem is: people have no accurate data for this amount. Maybe what you need to do first is to have an introductory page where you explain that you will be asking people how much they consume, and the measure or measurements you will ask for. Then, a suggestion on how they could measure it. When they have the measurements you suggest, then they can complete the form.

Without this 'preamble' most of your results, as far as consumption levels go, will be worthless.

Very, very true. I have done a lot of studies over the years and the first step in any good study is to study what to ask and how to ask it - and always provide good reasoning and the purpose behind the questions you are asking. You will get more responses that way and your reliability with the data you collect will have a stronger baseline...

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I completed the survey. The last question was very difficult for me to answer. Most of the surveys I've seen want to compare vaping to smoking, which is difficult because a cigarette is something you light, smoke and finish. Vaping is something that you can pick up, use two or three times and then set back down. Or never put down and continually use. I have two mini Reos, and I usually use one with my daytime flavor in it, then switch to the other one in the evening. If I start with two full 3ml bottles in each one, they would be empty by the end of the second day, so I can pretty comfortably say that I vape 3mls a day. But trying to figure out how many vapes I get out of 1ml is nowhere near as simple.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
I completed the survey. The last question was very difficult for me to answer. Most of the surveys I've seen want to compare vaping to smoking, which is difficult because a cigarette is something you light, smoke and finish. Vaping is something that you can pick up, use two or three times and then set back down. Or never put down and continually use. I have two mini Reos, and I usually use one with my daytime flavor in it, then switch to the other one in the evening. If I start with two full 3ml bottles in each one, they would be empty by the end of the second day, so I can pretty comfortably say that I vape 3mls a day. But trying to figure out how many vapes I get out of 1ml is nowhere near as simple.

Same here on the calculating. My best(?) guess was based on thinking back to when I used to drip exclusively--3 drops (.15ml maybe)=6 puffs(maybe), so 1ml=40 puffs? But I seldom drip anymore and I don't know how that translates over to cartomizers.

ozpkchris

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Fl

well said, i completely agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread