Status
Not open for further replies.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
He have just re-stocked our new, revised Ego - Single Coil Cartomizers - By smok Tech. These have been redesigned since the prototype batch.

Ego carto 1.jpg
EGO Carto 2.jpg
EGO Carto 3.jpg
EGO Carto 4.jpg

Pictured above with a Joye eGo-T 650mAh battery, for reference. These hold about 2.8-3ml of juice. The mouth piece is now hard plastic, instead of the soft rubber like before. It is a bit thinner, and they are very nice. The carto's are available in 2 or 3 ohm resistance. Black or Steel color.

Just $2.99 for One
-OR-
$11.99 for a 5/Pack !

Electronic Cigarette - Cartomizers - Smok Tech Cartomizers

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
cubfanthad You can get Smoke Tech single coil in 1.7 ohm (black) at Discount Vapers They hold about 2 ml. juice and work quite well.

I just ordered some of the 3 ohm. single coils for my Twist. Not a big fan of dual coils...but thought that was all that was available in the eGo cartomizers. Really glad to see these from Liberty Flights!

Last edited:

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
No, that's exactly what I've been trying to get away from. That's why I'm so excited to find the Ego type B single coil cartos. No more dual coils!!!!

I love your User Name! I think DC cartos work much better around 4.5-5v. How have these new single coil carto's been treating you?

Can you get these in 1.7ohm? I love this style and the cone style. I too prefer the single coil, non clear style!

We'll likely stick to just 2.0's and 3.0's for now. but if the demand is there, I'd be happy to look into it.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I think DC cartos work much better around 4.5-5v. How have these new single coil carto's been treating you?
I haven't tried them yet. Get paid tomorrow.

If they aren't as good, I may continue to use DC. I just don't see the point of putting the extra strain on the battery. And, since I like SC 2 ohm 510 cartos more than DC 510 cartos, I assume it'll be the same with the Ego-sized SC vs DC.

If you'ld like, I can come back and let you know. If I'm wrong and it's not just as good, I may just keep using the EMDCC. I'm not sure yet.

Who knows? If it's as good as I'm hoping, we might start hearing about the EMSCC instead of the EMDCC.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I promised to come back and let you know how the 2.0 ohm EMSCC's were working for me. So, here I am.

Well, you know how people buy the Twist so they can raise the voltage to get a hotter vape? I have to use these on my Twist so that I can lower the voltage instead. Otherwise, they taste burnt. And, even at 3.2V, they're still a little burnt tasting. I made sure they were really, really wet. Used a syringe to make sure there were no dry spots anywhere.

Maybe I should try 2.5 ohm or 3.0 ohm. Either that or maybe it's a defect. I assume not. But, if the others in the 5-pk are better, I'll come back and let you know.

I'm SO disappointed. It sounded so good in theory!

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
That's a bummer. With big cartos, I always let them soak overnight before use. I usually start at about 3.5v and vape it for a little while like that, then start to crank it up. I've burned a couple almost immediately, and hate to waste the juice. I've had really good results with this method.

I've seemed to have issue like that with one or two of the SCT (refills for the tank) cartos. I wouldn't have thought to lower the voltage (since I have that nice, trusty LF LT VV) - even after I'd let it sit for over 24 hours. Now, I'm educated even more!

Gotta love LF... gotta! (about to post my own lil' thank you... yeah, again - it's been too long).

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Princessa,

I hear ya. Even before VV devices, I would start a carto on an eGo (~3.5v), then move to a Riva (~4v). I feel like using cartos on a lower voltage gives them time to warm up, so to speak. I've noticed when filling a blank carto, juice doesn't absorb as readily as when refilling a cartomizer. To me, this indicates that the juice flows better, after some use. During the 'break-in' period, I find using them on lower voltages decreases the burn risk significantly.

If I don't have a lower voltage unit available, I'll just 'baby' the carto for a while. Normally, I'm a pretty demanding vapor. I like a reckless throat hit, and can puff pretty heavily at times. With a new carto, I'll vape it a little softer, and try to avoid chain vaping, until it's broken in. By the time I go to top them off (I top off often), they are good to go!

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Personally....I LOVE LOVE LOVE the SmokTech 2ohm EMSCC cartomizers!!! They are my very top favorite cartomizer! I use them on all my eGo style equipment...and on my eGo T Mod and now the Telescope too!!

But...there is a caveat. I like to run them at around 3.4-3.7 volt....which is the range the average eGo and eGo clone runs. They are best, and delivery the loveliest flavor at 3.4 volt. Therefore, on the eGo T Mod I will leave it on regulated, and have no issues. If I want to bump up the heat a little (evenings=stress/tired/hungry/cranky) I will put a 1.7 ohm single coil eGo mega on there. With the Telescope (which I just got today...happy dance!) if the battery is fresh off the charger (using a 3.7 v 18650) it's gonna be running around 4.1 volts. In that eventuality I will put a 3 ohm EMSCC on there until the battery settles down to it's normal level. Otherwise, the 2ohm is just a bit too low resistance for that level of volts. Then the 2ohm is fine for the rest of the battery life once that initial WHAM volt settles.

I use a DIY menthol. It was developed for a voltage around 3.4 to 3.6 really. With the EMSCC 2ohm I get an absolutely BEAUTIFUL vape for all day...the flavors shine, and it's smooth and the TH just right. It's only when I get a bit frantic at night I feel like it's better to switch to 1.7ohm. Flavor is not as pronounced and sweet...but still good, and the TH hits harder. Mostly, however...the 2ohm is perfect for me.

I will be buying more of them!! Already have...and will get more! More! MORE!!! Keep 'em in stock! And the 3ohms too...they are best for the VV devices (and fresh batteries with the Telescope) but not a whole lot else. I'm not that enamored with VV. It's just not something that I find that I need or that interests me.

I did order some Joyetech eGo Mega cartomizers (standard resistance of 2.3 to 2.7) to try with the telescope. Never used them before...so we'll see how that goes. But I am quite certain they cannot overtake my preference for the 2 ohm EMSCCs!!

NOT interested in dual coils. Been there. Done that. No thanks!!!!

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
fourthrok - we will definitely continue to stock these. I didn't even know the Joyetech eGo cartos we're still available. If they are the same as the ones we used to stock, you might like them. They hit pretty well, and have a horizontal coil at the bottom of the carto. But they can be a pain to refill, and if I remember right, there may be glue used in the construction of them. They are also made of plastic, which can melt. I actually asked Smok Tech to make an eGo carto, to address some of the issues with the Joyetech carto's. I think most people see them as an improvement.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Thanks ImYourSalt! I got the Joyetech eGo cartomizers...and the first 2 I tried of the box of 5 were DOA. 3ml. down the tubes. Forget it. Meanwhile I discovered that my perceived "issues" with the 2ohm on a fresh battery in my telescope mod were mostly user error..with a side of equipment quirk. When I got the telescope, I had a EMSCC that was relatively new...but HAD been used a good deal more than I thought, apparently. I clapped it on my new telescope without realizing that the carto wasn't completely full...no wonder there was a touch of singed taste! LOL!!! Later, I realized that that particular carto was a little clogged. Not irretrievable...but not working up to optimum levels. Once I put a brand new 2ohm on there...PERFECT. Even on a freshly charged battery. No worries!! Now I've refilled that new carto several times...and the vape is sweet and smooth as butter!

I also have used 1.7 ohm EMSCCs on the telescope...as mentioned...and they work great, too! So....since the Joyetech eGo carts were a total bust IMHO...I'm off to Liberty Flights to order another box of 2ohm EMSCCs. I want to grab some before the supply drops too much lower (When are more coming in? Hm? Hm??)

Another (OT) question. The "steel" colored tubes for your eGo T Mod...were they the shiny kind or the brushed stainless kind? I see you are out of them. Will you get more? (Especially if they were the shiny kind).

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
Thanks ImYourSalt! I got the Joyetech eGo cartomizers...and the first 2 I tried of the box of 5 were DOA. 3ml. down the tubes. Forget it. Meanwhile I discovered that my perceived "issues" with the 2ohm on a fresh battery in my telescope mod were mostly user error..with a side of equipment quirk. When I got the telescope, I had a EMSCC that was relatively new...but HAD been used a good deal more than I thought, apparently. I clapped it on my new telescope without realizing that the carto wasn't completely full...no wonder there was a touch of singed taste! LOL!!! Later, I realized that that particular carto was a little clogged. Not irretrievable...but not working up to optimum levels. Once I put a brand new 2ohm on there...PERFECT. Even on a freshly charged battery. No worries!! Now I've refilled that new carto several times...and the vape is sweet and smooth as butter!

I also have used 1.7 ohm EMSCCs on the telescope...as mentioned...and they work great, too! So....since the Joyetech eGo carts were a total bust IMHO...I'm off to Liberty Flights to order another box of 2ohm EMSCCs. I want to grab some before the supply drops too much lower (When are more coming in? Hm? Hm??)

Another (OT) question. The "steel" colored tubes for your eGo T Mod...were they the shiny kind or the brushed stainless kind? I see you are out of them. Will you get more? (Especially if they were the shiny kind).

Not shiny... not brushed... more like a powder finish... actually exact surface the control unit has.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Thank you Princessa!! Okay...so that's the same finish as the one I have (I also have a copper tube and a red one). I was wondering. I think the chrome would be pretty...but the steel they have is really classy looking, too. At least now I know not to wonder! Couldn't tell from the photo on the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread