New eGo.. mega batt, mega atty and mega carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
This thing gurgles badly. I saw on another thread that they all have the gurgling, but that it goes away fairly quickly. Mine has not stopped gurgling. It seems to be flooding the atty but I dont know what to do about it? I have also noticed the leak a bit and it gets down into the mouthpiece and ended up in my mouth (EW EW EW)

What am I doing wrong here? I didnt overfill the cart. Yet the constant gurgling.

I think I'ma start using the 510 attys and carts with it. I have a 510 and put them on the eGo and they work just fine. I'd like to be able to use my new eGo and get all the benefits of it (the vapor!!) but the gurgling and juice in the mouth is just not acceptable.

Help please!

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Do what zoid said or use another atty that you know is ok and then see if it happens again. If it does you are flooding the cart and too much juice drips down. Try using less juice. Just because they say 40 drops (or whatever the exact number is) doesn't mean that holds true exactly. Try another material. Some people use tea bags and others blue foam. Seems, I repeat, seems like a case of too much juice int he cart.

Edit: it would be wise to immediately spit that juice out and wash your mouth out thoroughly as well.
I would not treat that lightly.

Disclaimer: I have the parts but never tried them as my ego is getting less and less use and then DD only.

Last edited:

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
I didnt fill the cart to even half way, so overfilling the cart cant be the issue unless 1/2 full is overfull. The filler doesnt hold the juice and it just leaks right out onto the atty.

ok, so I tried a different filler than what comes in them. I cut a piece of fluval thicker than what comes in it, and it doesnt flood the atty, however, it also doesnt wick right either and it ends up drying up and tasting burnt even tho there is still a ton of juice in it.

I am going to drop by the pet store on the way home today and pick up some blue foam. After reading quite a few of the blue foam threads, I think I can come up with an acceptable solution for this mega problem.

Would be nice if if could use the larger size carts (saves time on filling them throughout the day or switching out carts), not to mention the vapor off the mega LR atty is definitely a lung full at least.

I tried different juices and same result with all of them. The filler doesnt hold the juice and it floods the atty. Adding more dense filler wont wick correctly so I really think the blue foam is the answer on this mega cart issue.

I'll let ya know if I can come up with something that works...

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
Here's what I tried.

with about 35 drops of juice in cart...

Using original filler, floods the atty, doesnt wick right, filler is dented quite a bit therefore not making good contact with the bridge, juice just runs right out of the filler. Weird.

Used a thicker piece of fluval, filled the cart, wont wick right, burning taste. When left on side, juice runs right out.

I tried cutting a long strip of blue foam (about 1/2" wide) and rolling it up and putting it in the top of the cart (after discarding the original filler. This did not work as it didnt wick and it of course is pushed back by the bridge.

Cut that blue foam length in half, rolled it up, put it back in, still didnt wick and was again pushed back by the bridge.

Put the original filler back in, trimmed off the top (the thickness of the blue foam) and made a blue foam cap. THIS seems to be working the best so far. No leaking. But it doesnt exactly wick right either.

I'm afraid to stand it on end as I dont want it to flood down into the atty, but otherwise how would you get the juice to move that way?

The one and biggest thing that bothers me the most about the mega LR atty and mega cartridges is the frikken gurgling!! This gurgling will just not go away no matter what angle I am vaping it at. I am now thinking it has more to do with the design of the whistle tip than anything else. What I notice is that the cart does not fit tightly into the atty and the gurgling is a result of the condensation that is created, and the loose fit and also the mega holes on the sides of the cart for vapor transfer.

It is completely possible that I am doing something wrong here as I am a newbie, but I have read nearly every thread about the megas and the gurgling is mentioned quite a bit.

I think that I will just stick with the 510 atty's and carts on my mega batt. This works great actually aside from the frequent topping off or changing carts.

I ordered some 510 LR attys. I'm now thinking that I should have ordered 510 mega attys and carts and this would be my sweet spot.

I just dont have the time or desire to be constantly fiddling with these megas and all the mods that seem to be required to get them to function correctly. Not to mention all of the juice that seems to be stuck in the megas that is rendered useless. On my 510's my filler is practically dry when refilling.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Welcome to Wild and Wacky world of carts...

Getting the Blue Foam filler to the Exact right size can be madening. But once you do it does work well. I'm lucky because I like to use 30%PG/70%VG juice. It is thicker than most so it doesn't leak nearly as much as thiner juices.

As to gurgling. I have one atty that no matter what I have done gurgles. I'm in the habit of every once and awhile blowing gently thru the battery end. This reduces the pooled juice and stops the gurgling.

Prodigal441

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
NH
I have just made it through the same issue. It would gurgle so I would blow the atty out and it would be fine then dry up quick and taste burnt. I would only get 3 drops in to top it off. I was going crazy. It took me 6 days of changing the filler material. I use blue foam. It was a matter of figuring out exactly how much to put in to get it just right. I found that even new carts with OEM filler in them are not quite right either. Usually a little too much and sometimes too little material. It is a pain in the .... to get it just right. Now that I got it, I took my good one out and I keep it as a template to make more. It still isn't exact but it gives me a good place to start. Keep trying different sizes until you get your perfect size. It is a pain now but it will be worth it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread