Status
Not open for further replies.

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
wondering why this is such a monster thread and if the hosts could create (or already havecreated but i can't find) a new sub-forum for the tank. 510 joye is a bit too big a territory and it seems there are multiple issues and folks are coming up with specific tips and tricks but wading through 184 pages of posts is a pain.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I experienced the occasional leaking (out the battery, and out the mouthpiece), always pulling out a "wet" tank, burnt taste, and flavor inconsistency UNTIL I removed both mouthpiece inserts (starting around page 171). Removing both inserts have practcially eliminated the condensation and the flavor is all there (IMO). I believe the mouthpiece design could use some work, reduce the baffle as it leaves a great amount of vapor in the atty, causing the condensation which, in turn, essentially drowns/filters the flavor.

The vape was better for me too, way more th and flavor but I have put the moutpiece inserts back in now as I found I was getting too much air and getting burping attacks all day long. Not so bad a problem once I put the inserts back in.

Weird. Maybe I'm just weird.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
wondering why this is such a monster thread and if the hosts could create (or already havecreated but i can't find) a new sub-forum for the tank. 510 joye is a bit too big a territory and it seems there are multiple issues and folks are coming up with specific tips and tricks but wading through 184 pages of posts is a pain.

It already exists: eGo Type Models

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest

Agree, its a recurring theme with this stuff. In a state of constant refinement and changing faster than a definitive guide can be made. Having read every post in this thread has made all the difference for me using this device. Some info I have taken has been:

1. Line up the channels in tank with air channel in atty may give better air flow
2. Juice choice matters (stronger flavors better imo)
3. Fill tanks less than 100% full
4. Wick position in piercing tube matters
5. Primer puffs with battery off can help at times
6. Chad in tank could possibly block piercing tube
7. Buy the transparent/semitransparent tanks
8. Remove first two plugs from tank (better th-less condensate)

pixiedust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Nevada
Hopefully I won't drop it :) But tanks are cheap and flavor is everything to me and I just was not getting it with the inserts. It seems much better with the pieces removed. Less of a plastic taste, but it is still there, just less of it. I appreciate your post on the mod of the tank, everything helps. I hope they modify the atomiser and tanks because this system could be the best thing to happen to us vapers.
Removing both inserts works! I still get some leakage if tank is almost empty but at least I'm not drinking juice and leaking a whole tank like I was before. Thanks!

dreamer728

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
New England
Agree, its a recurring theme with this stuff. In a state of constant refinement and changing faster than a definitive guide can be made. Having read every post in this thread has made all the difference for me using this device. Some info I have taken has been:

1. Line up the channels in tank with air channel in atty may give better air flow
2. Juice choice matters (stronger flavors better imo)
3. Fill tanks less than 100% full
4. Wick position in piercing tube matters
5. Primer puffs with battery off can help at times
6. Chad in tank could possibly block piercing tube
7. Buy the transparent/semitransparent tanks
8. Remove first two plugs from tank (better th-less condensate)

my ego-t has been working like a champ for over a month now.
my recommendations are pretty much the same.
dry hits? adjust wick a hair.
lack of flavor? remove insert from mouthpiece (i leave the top one in, but remove the little one underneath)
primer puffs now and then to keep it all flowing
transparent tanks to keep an eye on levels

i'm extremely happy - and i haven't needed to do cleaning/blow out the atty/dry burn. it's been just working. fill tanks with a syringe and go. you can't beat the convenience.

unfadeable

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Georgia
I have a couple of questions?
Where is that mouth insert and how do I remove it?

Thanks

the top plate at the tip where you lips go when you smoke. It has a air hole on it, you can take it off with a paperclip or something like that. There is also a second plate underneath the mouth insert.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I had a very bad tasting Atty, really bad,,,, don't know if this will always work but I went away on Friday and left one of these tank Atty's sitting in PGA for 3 full days now. Took it out when I got home today blew it out and re-primed it with some PG. let it sit for a while and just now filled up a tank and started vaping from it, clean as a whistle and great tasting liquids again with plumes of vapor.!!.

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
The vapor was there, but it tasted like i was vaping flavorless liquid
..... and then when I use the ego-T, i get marginal taste.

Can we discuss flavor a little here? ........ the lack of flavor astonishes me ..... Take the same juice and drip on a LR atty or fill a CE2 and it's bursting with the flavors I know and love.

....... but with the tank atty they flavor seems extremely muted

Totally agree, the flavor is sorely lacking.

When I use my ego-t,the juice doesn't have good flavor.

However, for those of you that are saying it lacks flavor...you are right.

The flavor and th is still so much more satisfying with dripping. No comparison for me whatsoever, it's like comparing spam to pork chops.

Agree fully with all of the above

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Have to add to this: Seems ALL of my atty's are developing that nasty burned taste. A new atty is fine for a tank or two, then I get dry burned hits. That's with a BRAND NEW atty. Same with another new atty, it's fine for a 2ml or so, then dry burned taste.

I've pushed down the wick down a just a tad bit, and it seems to be fine now. WTF?

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I'm "over" the tank until an atomizer is developed that lasts longer than a few days

I agree. I was incredibly impressed with the tank system for the first week or so, but as soon as I posted a rave review the stupid thing stopped working and I began to have the problems everyone else is reporting. The whole idea behind the tank system was to have something that was hassle free. Just look at the size of this thread! If the tank were hassle free there wouldn't be so many comments here about how to fix it!

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
What I do like about the eGo-T is the ability to change your liquids at a moments notice. After cleaning my regular one a week ago I decided to use an 'Apple' mix in it. After a few tanks I changed it out for a 'Watermelon' mix, then a 'Raspberry' mix, then a 'Menthol', a 'Choc Mint' and now I am using FAUK's 'Zen Garden'. I'd say about 15 or 16 tanks full so far.

Even after the swap from Choc Mint (which was the only dark e-juice amongst them) it only took a few primer draws before getting at least some of the taste from the new flavour. As you may notice, most of the flavours are compatible with each other to some degree, so the mixed taste (which only last a very very short time for me) is quite interesting and nice tasting. So much so I now combine a few of these flavours on purpose.

As I do buy a lot of different juices from different vendors, this is turning out to be a good PV for testing them out.

I bought 3 atties and 10 tanks about 3 weeks ago and have used (and still using) 1 atty and 3 tanks. I've cleaned and dry burnt it once and replaced the wick after the original got sucked into the void.

You could say I am pretty darn happy with my eGo-T. Hopefully, when I need the other atties they will be 'good ones' too. Time will tell.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread