Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Seem to remember a ss one for the tfv4 but don't recall any for any others.
I'm tempted to get this pico 25 instead of the al85 but I like my alien 220 & I like my original pico so hard decision...

I got the AL85 back when it came out really for the 25 mm tank thing. Both the Alien and AL85 are lousy with tc. The Pico does tc far better and can even be stepped up with custom firmware. If I were going to buy one or the other now I'd take the pico 25.

The flip side is I don't like the kit tank the pico uses while the AL85 at least has the baby beast. Small but a surprisingly good vape for factory coils.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I got the AL85 back when it came out really for the 25 mm tank thing. Both the Alien and AL85 are lousy with tc. The Pico does tc far better and can even be stepped up with custom firmware. If I were going to buy one or the other now I'd take the pico 25.

The flip side is I don't like the kit tank the pico uses while the AL85 at least has the baby beast. Small but a surprisingly good vape for factory coils.
I agree that the pico is better for tc, I only use my Alien in power mode & I don't use the baby beast I use the veco tank that came with my tarot nano. Has great flavour and isn't a juice hog. Only goes up to 50 watts the coil I use but I only vape at 40 watts anyway!

Reactions: Eskie

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
A little more info on my situation, I have the Smok G-Priv and am using RBA's in all 3 of my Smok tanks, the Big beast Baby tanks come with RBA decks and the RBA has SS coils in them, resistance is .40 ohms. I have 2 Smok RBA tanks that I use with the Smok vaporizer in temp mode and both tanks work well. The third Smok tank is for use with the Pico 25 which comes with a .20 ohm SS coil that measures .24 ohms and works fine with the Pico and will work on the Smok. If I try a .40 ohm SS coil in the Pico it goes to wattage. I tried a .20 ohm SS coil in a Smok tank that read .19 ohms and it switched to the Watt mode. My latest try was a SS .32 ohm coil that also goes to watt mode. Guess I can take a turn off each coil and try it.

Reactions: Skold

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Weird. I wonder why the pico is kicking you out of tc. And all those worked with the g prim? It could be a connection issue with the 510. I don't have. Pico 25 so I can't pass any judgment but it is a new model, and I imagine a new board as it now goes to 85W unless they just tweaked the firmware. Hopefully a new firmware release might improve tc so as not to kick you out to wattage. If it's a 510 issue that is a problem.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Set up my friend with a Melo 2, 2 Sony VTC4s, battery sleeves, and an AL85. As she didn't tell me what color she wanted until I had already left for her house, I brought her both the silver and the black, so maybe she'll decide to take both of them off my hands. :sneaky: Really, I could sell a s.h.i.t load of my stuff and still not go vape hungry. :facepalm:

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Set up my friend with a Melo 2, 2 Sony VTC4s, battery sleeves, and an AL85. As she didn't tell me what color she wanted until I had already left for her house, I brought her both the silver and the black, so maybe she'll decide to take both of them off my hands. :sneaky: Really, I could sell a s.h.i.t load of my stuff and still not go vape hungry. :facepalm:
Cool :) I've given a few mods too friends

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I just opened up the Smok tank for the Pico 25, I'l try to bring the total coil resistance for the 2 coils to 23- 25. The Smok vaporizer will take about anything but I think the Pico and other vaporizers have there own resistance ranges that tanks have to fall into. There is also the Clapton coils have a ramp up time that may throw things off although the Pico does use a preheat wattage, I think I have it set to 25 or 30.
Looking through the manual it seems they have included so many new things into the Pico 25, it really gets quite complex, they must have a new board in it.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I just opened up the Smok tank for the Pico 25, I'l try to bring the total coil resistance for the 2 coils to 23- 25. The Smok vaporizer will take about anything but I think the Pico and other vaporizers have there own resistance ranges that tanks have to fall into. There is also the Clapton coils have a ramp up time that may throw things off although the Pico does use a preheat wattage, I think I have it set to 25 or 30.
Looking through the manual it seems they have included so many new things into the Pico 25, it really gets quite complex, they must have a new board in it.
You've lost me...

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Haven't checked this thread in awhile. Mostly because, it's a Pico...... they are widely popular for a reason......cheap dependable little devices..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I like mine but I think the tesla nano steampunk is worth the money & it's the same price!

Reactions: Tonee N

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I came up with a long list of problems while trying to use the Smok TFV8 tank with the Pico 25 which did not make a lot of sense to me and decided this is not going to work. I tried one of the older Vaperesso tanks with the Pico 25 in temp mode and it worked in SS temp mode, quickly and easily as it should be. The Vaperesso tank is 22 mm and rather tall, I'll probably replace it with a Griffin 25 mini tank in the future.

Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I came up with a long list of problems while trying to use the Smok TFV8 tank with the Pico 25 which did not make a lot of sense to me and decided this is not going to work. I tried one of the older Vaperesso tanks with the Pico 25 in temp mode and it worked in SS temp mode, quickly and easily as it should be. The Vaperesso tank is 22 mm and rather tall, I'll probably replace it with a Griffin 25 mini tank in the future.
I like the Vaperesso tarot nano, the veco tank that comes with it with ceramic coils as such good flavour

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
It's going to depend on varying factors, but the pico line has always been decent. You are always going to have more dependable results using a simpler build, but that's true with most mods out there. That being said, with the pico, you will have the ability to adjust your tcr values and fine tune it to whatever wire type and build you prefer.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Joakim Langborg

Aug 3, 2017
Only got the Pico 25 mod and use it together with Digiflavor Siren GTA 25mm with a spaced SS316L at 0.94 ohm coil in TC 200C.

Think the mod works great only "bad thing" I notice is that the Digiflavor Siren didn't sit flush with the mod so made a spacer/gasket from old bike tire.
4ccec1fba39294cd4104a5bd848aba36.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
A nice little unit to bring along with you, I was hoping to get the Pico to work with a Smok TFV8 tank with a .40 ohm coil in temp mode but it wouldn't work in temp mode, it would go to wattage.

If you mean a 0.4 ohm Smok coil it is Kanthal and won't work in TC, wattage only. You could build an RBA for the tank with SS and get TC that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread