New gear arrived! vamo and sid

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemonyleprosy

Verified Member
Mar 2, 2014
Los Angeles
Vape mail! Yay!
So, my mvp 2.0 had been getting more and more persnickity (one by one it'd stopped firing my tanks- reading them as 'non' even though they were well within it's tolerances when checked on an ohm meter and fired fine on my turtle ship) and finally got to the point where it'd only fire my aerotank. First the vivi-nova s' s stopped firing, then the protank 3's, then the kayfuns and nimbus. I really wanted an SM nivel mod, but it's way out of my price range for now... so I ordered a vamo v5 and a smok sid. They were both delivered today, and I dig them both. They'll hold me over through the spring and summer until I can afford that beautiful semovar.
The odd thing is that both of them produce more vapor and less burnt taste at the same wattage or voltage setting as the mvp, and I don't understand why. Is the mvp 2.0's settings overrated? Does it have an inferior chip or board design? Anyone know why this is?

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Pretty much all of the $40-ish vv/vw mods use the same 33 hz chip. The way they provide differing voltage is to switch between 2 fixed voltages. For example, assume that the 2 voltages are 3V and 6V. If you want to produce a 4V output, you apply 6V a third of the time and 3V for the other two thirds. This means that for part of the cycle the coil is receiving a high voltage (so very hot) and part of the time it's low. This can effect how the vape tastes. The MVP V2.0 uses a filter on the output to smooth out the output which means it will taste different than any other device because it's the only one that does this.

I own all three of these myself and have found that the MVP V2.0 does indeed provide a different vape than the Vamo and SID which are practically identical in taste when using the same voltage or wattage settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread