New GGTS Owner with a question!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheZig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
asheville NC
so i just got my GGTS today #616 and i have a question about the collector tank that holds just the atty (im using a 901 HH357 w/901/510 adapter). all put together correctly but when i fire it the battery starts hissing like its expelling gasses not noise comes from the atty nor does any vapor... i only tried it twice because i dont want the battery to blow up on me :/. so my question is has this happend to anyone else or am i missing something.(i did just boil all the SS parts prior ro getting it in the mail). the ufs i got with it works fine with the drip mode ody in it only noise i get is from the coil... thanks for any help and if this has been answered before im very sorry.

TheZig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
asheville NC
have another question that i need help with as well.

im trying to take the button apart so i can adjust the throw on it (currently really short throw) but i cant seem to get the locking plat to unscrew from the threaded section that everything fit in/on is this locked in place or is there a easier way to get it off iv tried pliars with no luck i can only get the button top,spring,and lock ring off but the plate that stops it from threading all the way in to the GGTS tube i cant get off...thanks guys :)

madgr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Athens, Greece
Button:

From your serial number 616 this mustn't have an adjustable button. Are you sure it is? If it is it should be like having two locking nut. As easy one comes off the same way does the other. Of course i understand that you have successfully taken the button out of the engraved tube right?

As for the other problem you pretty much found it by yourself. Something with this atty makes a short-circuit. Have you measured it with a multimeter and it's ok? Does the GGTS still does that if you don't have anything screwed on? Does the GGTS do that if you only screw the adapters? You see where i'm going with this.

Start with nothing on and keep adding stuff until you find the one that causes all this.

TheZig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
asheville NC
Didn't think to try it like that. Ill give it a shot starting from nothing then adapters etc..
Yes I got the button out the engraved tube. Took the hexagon button out as well as the brass pin and spring and the button lock ring. Only thing I can't get off is the plate that sits on the engraved tube to lock the whole button assembly in place. If my button is to old to have that piece come off then ill just buy a new button when I can not a big deal just not fond of how short of a throw it is I'd rather have a longer travel when pressing the button. With the throw being so short it also makes it harder to lock/unlock the button. Thanks for the help madgr :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
you have a short Zig. Replace your atomizer. And you dont have this issue with Ody inside UFS because Ody cant be shorted, it has removable center post but steady. Ody can be shorted only if you dont put wires on place when you assemble a coil on it
so i just got my GGTS today #616 and i have a question about the collector tank that holds just the atty (im using a 901 HH357 w/901/510 adapter). all put together correctly but when i fire it the battery starts hissing like its expelling gasses not noise comes from the atty nor does any vapor... i only tried it twice because i dont want the battery to blow up on me :/. so my question is has this happend to anyone else or am i missing something.(i did just boil all the SS parts prior ro getting it in the mail). the ufs i got with it works fine with the drip mode ody in it only noise i get is from the coil... thanks for any help and if this has been answered before im very sorry.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
button is out of engraved tube and the thin ring that locks it on the engraved tube is still on tube? I didnt understand well Zig, sorry
Didn't think to try it like that. Ill give it a shot starting from nothing then adapters etc..
Yes I got the button out the engraved tube. Took the hexagon button out as well as the brass pin and spring and the button lock ring. Only thing I can't get off is the plate that sits on the engraved tube to lock the whole button assembly in place. If my button is to old to have that piece come off then ill just buy a new button when I can not a big deal just not fond of how short of a throw it is I'd rather have a longer travel when pressing the button. With the throw being so short it also makes it harder to lock/unlock the button. Thanks for the help madgr :)

madgr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Athens, Greece
No imeo, he means he has taken out the button but he cannot remove the "second nut" that....doesn't exist. As he said he has the hexagon button:
GGTS_Button_Knur_4e7b5d74629c6.jpg

That button even though one of the most beautiful is NOT adjustable. There is no second nut. It's one piece.

You need this:
http://e-smokeguru.gr/GG-Accessories/GGTS/473-GGTS-SS-NEW-2012-Button.html
http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/store/...7-ggts-steel-flat-top-button-replacement.html

Last edited:

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Did you get a rethreader with your GGTS? If so possibly try it with that instead of the adapter. If that does the same thing check the atty on another device. If it works then you are likely over tightening or missing the 2 o-rings from inside the ggts connector.

One thing to be carefull about with the GGTS and standard atomizers/cartomizers is because the GGTS has an adjustable posative post it is very easy to over tighten it and cause a short. I recommend the hiss tightening method. What I do with store bought atomizers is hold the button down and tighten till I start hearing a hiss. Then I tighten another 1/8-1/2 turn if using a spring. If no spring stop as soon as you hear the hiss.

TheZig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
asheville NC
Did you get a rethreader with your GGTS? If so possibly try it with that instead of the adapter. If that does the same thing check the atty on another device. If it works then you are likely over tightening or missing the 2 o-rings from inside the ggts connector.

One thing to be carefull about with the GGTS and standard atomizers/cartomizers is because the GGTS has an adjustable posative post it is very easy to over tighten it and cause a short. I recommend the hiss tightening method. What I do with store bought atomizers is hold the button down and tighten till I start hearing a hiss. Then I tighten another 1/8-1/2 turn if using a spring. If no spring stop as soon as you hear the hiss.

tried this method and it worked :)and no it didn't come with a re-threader looks like ill need to get one

Skibadabomski

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Tokyo
No imeo, he means he has taken out the button but he cannot remove the "second nut" that....doesn't exist. As he said he has the hexagon button:
GGTS_Button_Knur_4e7b5d74629c6.jpg

That button even though one of the most beautiful is NOT adjustable. There is no second nut. It's one piece.

You need this:
GGTS SS NEW 2012 Button | GGTS | GG Accessories |
GGTS - Steel Flat Top Button Replacement

That's answered a question I wish I knew of ages ago. I was right their with you Zig with pliers and stuff. But hey this is coming from a guy that tried to smoke a raw cartomizer on a ggts. With a bewildered look on my face I may add. Didn't realize that e-liquid even existed. lol...

TheZig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
asheville NC
That's answered a question I wish I knew of ages ago. I was right their with you Zig with pliers and stuff. But hey this is coming from a guy that tried to smoke a raw cartomizer on a ggts. With a bewildered look on my face I may add. Didn't realize that e-liquid even existed. lol...

thank god im asking now lol i dont want to be looking dumb because i thought my collector tank was a DCT hahahaha

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
ahahahaha, funny stuff buddy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread