• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New group: Suncoast Vapers & May Meet Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
A few of us from the Pinellas Co. group met last night along with two "new" folks. (For the first time the guys outnumbered the gals, which made Pete happy!)

We decided to form a new social group, the Suncoast Vapers, to draw in more locals from a wider range: Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough and Manatee counties. (Note, the Pinellas Co. group may continue as well if someone wants to pick up the organizing of that group.)

We'll rotate the location among the counties so everyone will have a "close-by" meet every so often for those who don't want to make a mini-trip. The group members will also rotate "organizing" a meet depending on where the next, upcoming events will be held. The May meet (the first Sat. in May, which I think is May 1) will be held at the Totally Wicked store in Bradenton. Dereck will be organizing that meet and I'll take on the responsibility of posting the meet info here and elsewhere.

The June meet will be in northern Pinellas or southern Pasco with Dereck and Pete organizing that one. The July meet will be in Hillsborough (probably Brandon) and I'll be organizing that one. That's as far in advance that we planned last night. We'll try for the first weekend of each month except for when there is a holiday "interference."

In other discussions, we decided to be only a social gathering, not a vaping activism group. We also decided not to have a "required minimum" donation for the waiter or establishment. Because we tend to be there for a while (last night's meet started at 6 and we left at 10:15...we were having FUN!), we encourage a generous tip for the waiter if your budget can handle it but don't worry about it if it doesn't.

So mark your calendar for May. It's fun trying different e-juices, checking out the different devices and having some great conversation. Last night our waiter was great...and he didn't take it personally that he had "trouble interrupting us" as we all were talking at the same time, lol.

Hope to see you in May!!!!!

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
From Dereck, the organizer of this meet:

Ok guys its official at 3pm-6pm Saturday May 1st we will be meeting at the TW Vapers Lounge! The group will be deciding where to continue onto afterwards, fear not if you can't make it before 6, we'll be sure to leave a sign on the door at TW where we've moved on to it'll be somewhere close by. Alex was kind enough to offer up some food for us, thanks Alex! As far as beverages containing alcohol, you can bring your own ice will be provided.

Hope to see you there!

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
Yes, MaryKay, I met Belinda for the first time yesterday...I had met Willie at the grand opening and had run into him another time at TW. It was very nice meeting Belinda and she said she'd work on him to make an appearance at the July Brandon meeting...so I'm hoping you'll be able to make it too!!

MissVapor, I took my camera...but then forgot to use it!!!!!! Can't believe I did that.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
No pics? Awww...who all showed up?

:oops:I know...I'm sorry!!!!

At the dinner portion, we had a pretty good crowd! Jeremy & Ginger, from Orlando who learned of the meet through the Florida Vapers Club forum; folks I've met through the TW forum: Capt/Chris and his wife, Mindy (I think that's her name), Dereck, Pam (Minna, who also posts here and flew in from Virginia); and a few of us who have been to several meets: laurel099, Pete (and his wife Nadine), my friend Maggie and me.

Also at TW was Rangler, Willy, and his wife Belinda who is MaryKay's friend (wish I would have known that yesterday), Trish and her kids from Pinellas co., and a lady who was at the TW opening (can't remember her name).

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
Belinda said she kept calling me Mary Ellen! I have been called worse.
She did mention that 'Linda" was very nice to her and made her feel welcome! Belinda is not a smoker or a vaper..her hubby Willie is.

Oh, she was pleasant and easy person to talk to. Yeah, she said that she'd prefer he quit vaping too but cantaking vaping over smoking.

You'll have to come to our July meet which will be in Brandon...she said she'd work on getting him to come to the meet...even if he doesn't, she'd probably come just to see you!

It's amazing how small a world it can be at times, isn't it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread