Status
Not open for further replies.

jjk1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Maine, USA
Hello All –
I just started using electronic nicotine delivery after 30 years of Marlboro lights – I first tried the blu disposables, then I bought the blu kit – It didn’t work and I started smoking again – then went back to the blu disposables – then started smoking again –
Well – last week I picked up a “South Beach Air” and some juice – This thing really worked – I am able to get enough nic to stay off the smokes.
Today I bought an eGo c twist and 2 ECTO T1 tanks and WOW – This is what I’ve been missing – I can’t believe how taking the voltage down just a bit can make the entire experience so much more enjoyable. I can vape my ... off now:p
What small disposable type tanks with a cover do you guys recommend? – I like the taste I get from the ECTO T1 tank, but I like the screw on cap that comes with the south beach smoke tank. I’m not really interested in rebuilding stuff at this point – I’ve been told that these ETCO tanks should last about a month – Are these good tanks?
Thanks
JJK

I'm still kinda new to this but I'm extremely happy with the protank 2, gettin ready to upgrade to the aerotank...i traded up pretty quick, but passed my ego vv to my brother he sstill uses a 4.99 plastic disposable i got with my first battery (foos brand) over 3 or 4 months ago (he switches back annd forth with a protank mini)...but it still works like a champ, i cleaned it out a couple times with silver tequila (clear alcohol)...no bad taste and still produces good vapor...hope my long winded reply helped lol

Last edited:

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Electronic Cigarette & Smokeless Cigarettes Deluxe Accessories

The Air Tank shown in the accessories is what you are using? Looks like its not a bad set up. The mini PT that others have recommended would be close to what you have in ease of use.

It would start paying you back when it comes to replacing coils. When your tank is worn out you will be spending $10 to replace. Coils for the Mini PT would be $2 (using a high end ) buying 5 pks on sale would bring that cost down even more.

With rinsing and dry burning every few tanks worth of use you can easily get a month or longer from a coil.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Hello All –
I just started using electronic nicotine delivery after 30 years of Marlboro lights – I first tried the blu disposables, then I bought the blu kit –
It didn’t work and I started smoking again – then went back to the blu disposables – then started smoking again –
Well – last week I picked up a “South Beach Air” and some juice – This thing really worked – I am able to get enough nic to stay off the smokes.
Today I bought an eGo c twist and 2 ECTO T1 tanks and WOW – This is what I’ve been missing – I can’t believe how taking the voltage down just a bit
can make the entire experience so much more enjoyable. I can vape my ... off now
What small disposable type tanks with a cover do you guys recommend? – I like the taste I get from the ECTO T1 tank,
but I like the screw on cap that comes with the south beach smoke tank. I’m not really interested in rebuilding stuff at this point –
I’ve been told that these ETCO tanks should last about a month – Are these good tanks?
Thanks
JJK

hello jjk1, and welcome to ECF

no sure about that “South Beach Air” ? :confused:

but the ECTO T1 looks just to be a simple CE4 / CE5
- DV CE5 Rebuildable Clearomizer - 1.8ohms
- DV CE5 Coil Head - 2 Long Wick - 1.8ohms
- CE4 Clearomizer - MyFreedomSmokes.com
- CE5 eGo Clearomizer with Changeable, Replaceable Heads, Coils, and Wicks
CE4 are throw away - CE5 you can replace the coil
CE4/5 are Top Coil tank

I would suggest a Bottom Coil tank (clearomizer) such as Kanger EVOD
simple, cheap, dependable - then after you get the 'hang of it' you would
have a good idea if you want to step up to more sophisticated devices...
- Kanger eVod bottom coil clearomizer - Stainless
- Kanger ProTank & Evod Coil Replacement **5 Pack - 2.2 ohms

good luck, let us know how it went... :)

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
I am into the higher end gear now but for a beginner these guys hit it right on the nose, Kanger PT mini2 is the most reliable and easy to use for a beginner. Also when you do deicide (you will eventually) to start building coils, you can with these pretty easily. My wife and I have successfully converted several people and all of them are on the mini 2's.
Just a heads up, ALL tanks cheap and expensive have their pros and cons and can be finicky at times. Be patient and always remember, its still better than smoking.

sawman65

Mar 28, 2014
east TN.
go on ebay and get a kanger protank 2 mini its perfect for an ego....there around 12-13$
I second this advice. I still have some of those throwaways around though, I got a berry mix I like but wont put into my mini (makes the coil taste bad when I go back to the backer flavors I love). And some for that time something breaks or I break it. (I just can’t be stuck with nothing to vape) hey they work in a pinch. Nothing wrong with using them. and welcome to the board!!

jjk1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Maine, USA
Thanks everyone -
The South Beach Air is the "South Beach Smoke Air" -
I found it at a gas station - It works good but tastes burnt. If I put the ECTO T1 on the battery that came with it - It's much better.
pufZeppelin is correct - The ECTO T1 looks just like a "CE4" that I guess I can get for around 3 bucks -
Which is exactly what I’ll use for now – I’ve never been much of a paraphernalia guy. I just want my nicotine without carbon monoxide.
this forum is great - thanks again
JJK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread