New guy! 75 days smoke free! DIY supplies coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Welcome! You'll enjoy DIY...and will be amazed at the savings you can amass when you hit on some recipes that you want to vape all the time! It's mind blowing! Of course, getting to that point is hit and miss and can be frustrating sometimes, but you might get lucky and come up with something really quick. I did! Good luck with your peanut butter cup e-juice!

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
Congratulations on 75 days. Bet you were skeptical before taking the plunge,huh? I know I was a bit. I only have a couple suggestions concerning DIY:
A: Download and read the tutorials contained within the e-juice calculator "ejuice me up"
B: Get syringes with your order and a few different gauge needle tips as vg can be very thick so a 14 gauge tip works pretty good for vg.
Measuring by drops isn't accurate as liquid viscosity and dropper size on bottle vary. Glass graduated cylinders are also a VERY useful tool.
C: Get more empty bottles than you think you'll need.
D: Try flavorings from different manufacturers.

Many new to DIY like to use Capellas brand flavorings as they are pretty forgiving % wise. Also the super concentrated flavors are easy to use (2%-5% generally.This makes them a great value if you like them) . Search for ECF member Hoosier and click on the blogs under his user name .He gives you an idea to a good thought process to use to be successful when DIY'ing eliquid).

Almost forgot to add. When you place your order,make sure to include flavoring "enhancers" such as liquid sweetener,menthol crystals(better value than menthol drops), ethyl maltol (liquid or powder).

EcigExpress is a great one stop shop for flavoring need though VapingZone and a few others are well thought of.

Finally ,do not underestimate the value of allowing your creations to steep , some for up to a month.Get another post up,wait for the forum to reset and start posting in DIY Eliquid. Good luck!!! The fun is about to begin.

nutty1

Oct 24, 2012
PA
@gimmie...I knew nothing about the enhancers. The few YouTube vids I watched didn't mention them. Are they used for specific flavors? I ordered a bunch of flavors, a 120ml bottle of 50/50 36mg nic base and a 50/50 no nic base. (I normally vape 18mg with hopes of decreasing my nic level) Using the one calculator I found online, it looked like that was all I would need. (besides the bottles n droppers) I will definitely look that guys blogs up. Thank u very much for the info.

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
You are welcome . The sweetener does just that, sweetens, menthol adds a nice finish to fruits ,some like it in tobacco too. The ethyl maltol I like to use in tobacco flavors to "smooth out" some of the sharper notes. You can get them later as you learn more and want to experiment further . You have what you need to get started though. Just have some fun and take notes on your findings so when you tweak a recipe to your liking ,you can remember your successes and not inadvertently repeat your failures.

A little lemon (from those plastic lemons at the grocery store can make some fruit flavors "pop" .(like a drop or two per 5mls juice)
Some like to add apple cider vinegar to tobacco flavors. Man, I serious when I said "The fun begins". It is fun.Frustrating at times also.
But, when you make a juice you really like , any frustration is well worth it.

It really is all trial and error. Again,good luck and have fun.

gavind4

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
(N. Phila.) Levittown pa usa
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
  • Reason: Credit Card details in post!

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
@tidegirl...I got the lorann. I hope it's good.

Been through almost all of a 30 ml bottle of LA BG in less than a week. It's a bazooka joe kind of BG flavor. Very yummy. :) Try it at 5, 10, and 15%. All levels are pretty decent. I'm vaping it at 10%, but your tastes may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread