New guy here - Russian and Provari....Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickbo

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
Ohio
Hello everyone! Im new to the vape world and this site. I'v smoked for the last 22 years and I discovered vaping by local smoke shop. I have been smoke free for the past 9 days and have no intentions of going back the "smelly stink sticks" I just wanted to say thank you to the collective subscribers to this site. I have learned so much in the last few days. Im currently vaping an EVOD Twist with a Kanger Protank. Well I pulled the trigger on a Provari V2 with a Russian 91%. I know, I know...but I just want the best tasting vape and my research so far is the Russian 91% and Provari for the durability. Well thanks for reading everyone.

Oh BTW! The Russian and Provari was not intended to offend any other user of a different mod. This was just from my own personal research. I added this to avoid a verbal beat down....LOL!

Bo

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
Good choice, they work very well together. I've been vaping about a year now. For the last couple of months almost exclusively on a Russian 91% and Provari V2. I rotate them with my Tobeco KFL+ clone and Provari V2. Provari was my first mod when I started vaping and it is still going strong today. The other one I got about a month later. I suggest you look into a Hippo v2 it really completes the pairing. It also protects your Provari from the inevitable leaks that will occur from flooding, while you work through the learning curve with your R91. Happy vaping

ColoradoVapz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denver, CO
I got the exact same setup. It's nice. I use the Loki ring instead of the Hippo, it's a bit cheaper. Get you some 28 gauge kathal wire too! Check out the juice guys around here, they make the best I have found. I put my provari to the side for the longest time but recently came back to it and fell in love all over again.

mraymer

Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Kentucky
I did almost the same thing. After reading here that everyone eventually moves past their first setup and settles on more expensive gear with an RBA/RDA, I decided to save myself the time and money and bought a Provari with a KFL+. Intimidated at first, and there was learning curve, but I was able to start vaping quickly and have not had a cigarette in 9 days now myself (not that I'm counting or anything). I was down to either the Russian 91% or the KFL+ and I wanted an authentic one because of my feelings towards clones (topic best served for another thread), so I got the first one I could find in stock, just happened to be a KFL+. My local B&M does have a Russian 91% I've eyed but I just can't justify spending the money just to compare two RDA's that are so similar. I did buy a Hippo v2 and it's nice and all, but if I had to do it all over again, I'd pass on it. In my opinion there are other beauty rings for less money which would be adequate - though admittedly I haven't personally used them, so YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread