New guy here with questions about my eGo I think it is??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I'm new to this site and pretty new to vaping in general. For about 2 years I used Green Smoke and was happy but I have recently switched over to this new stuff (whatever you call it). With that said if you would indulge me with a fairly long noob post with some questions I'd greatly appreciate it!!

I was on vacation at Myrtle Beach and heard an add for a vape store called VaVaVape. Me and my girl friend went in there and purchased a starter kit. From what I can tell and from reading some threads here I believe I got an eGo battery or device.

My kit can be seen here.
VaVaVape 650mAh Starter Kit - Stainless | VaVaVape

My question is basically what do I have here? I've noticed there are some brands people seem to recommend a lot. I've also read that some are just generic versions of others? Is mine a generic version and would I find something better elsewhere?

Other basic questions would be how do I upgrade from here and could I purchase juice from another Vape seller and it work with what I have?

The one thing I would love to upgrade would just be getting a bigger/bolder hit I'd guess you'd say. I thought I should purchase something bigger from these guys but they told me a bigger device just = a longer battery life. Battery life doesn't matter to me in the least, just the hit. I also know that with these batteries there are different "tanks" you can connect to them. Would those "tanks" be what effects the type of hit you get?

Honestly there just seems to be so much to learn. I THINK the tanks I'm using are CE5's seen here CE5 Clearomizer | VaVaVape

Are those knock offs or the legit thing?

If you guys could educate me some or perhaps let me know if there is another site I Should be buying from and or what to get I'd greatly appreciate it. As a summary all I care about is the hit itself. The bigger the better. Battery life isn't that important.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
You have an Ego(at least the page description says so) and a CE4 clearomizer. The CE4 clearos don't have replaceable coil heads, but the CE5's do, so the CE5's are a better choice. The CE5 coil heads come in different ohm(resistance) ranges, the lower the rating the quicker it'll heat up and warmer it will be. Your Ego probably puts out about 3.3volts, which is low, so you's probably want a low ohm clearo for that better hit. If you were to upgrade your battery, keeping mind you want a better hit, the Ego Twist, which is VV(variable voltage) would allow you to adjust the voltage to get the hit you desire without having to change coil resistance. Since you already have this equipment give it a good try and see what you'd like to change, then go from there.
Yes, you can get and use juice from anywhere

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
You are really asking about stick batteries and clearomizer toppers. That's what we call them. Here's my take:

Stick Batteries, known as eGo Style Batteries (entry level, backup, out and about, stealth, primary):

Trusted Vendors shown, but NOT selected based on pricing, you'll still need to shop around. You will need device specific battery chargers (which often come in kits) for these devices. Also, kits often provide two batteries allowing for simultaneous vaping while charging of the backup. Each of the eGo style batteries below have both 510 and eGo thread connections. As such, they are compatible with most toppers, including most Kanger products. Additionally, each of these devices has at least variable voltage, which allows you to adjust and regulate the battery output voltage, providing customizable vapor production, temperature, throat hit, and finding the "sweet spot" for your juices to suit your individual vaping preferences:

1. Innokin iTaste 3.0 vv/vw, usb passthrough, ohms reader, etc. - https://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-VV-3.0-Variable-Wattage-Device-Pearl-Chrome.html (variable power, LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.3 - 5.0 volts, 6.0 - 11.0 watts, 800mAh)
2. SLB KGO VV - http://www.hoosierecig.com/Mega-KGO-VV-1200mAh-3-6v-_p_441.html (LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.0 - 6.0 volts, 650 - 1200mAh)
3. Vision Spinner - Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh (3.3 - 4.8 volts, 1300mAh)
4. Joyetech Twist - eGo Twist 1000 Mah Battery in Black (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 650 - 1000mAh)
5. Smoktech Winder - Smok eGo Winder 900mAh Variable Volt Battery (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 900 - 1100mAh)

Best Starter Combo kit out there, imho, provides two batteries, i.e., the twist and/or spinner, and two toppers, i.e., the eVod and/or MT3s, among others: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm.

Recommend one eVod and one MT3s topper with one Spinner and one Twist to start. This way you get four different products with the kit and allowing you to experience four different setups, as you figure out your preferences and what works best for you. Many prefer two Spinners with the evods, or two iTaste 3.0 with Protank II's (best stick battery setup, imho). BTW, you can spend less and get a fixed voltage battery, but you'll have much less vape flexibility and it won't be long before you'll want to upgrade to variable voltage, more than likely, and the difference initially is only a few dollars per battery anyway.

Welcome, good luck, congrats on joining and sharing, power up and vape on!

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Awesome that you are looking to up the ante so to speak

I highly recommend you head to the library and read the 6 part writeup about the new hotness out there...there is MUCH more available than just eGo's

The ECF Library

With that said...that "starter" kit isn't a bad price, honestly...I have seen them go for as much as $40 (unscrupulous vendors marking up stuff and preying on those that don't do their homework first)

Be careful though, you can get bitten by the bug and "upgrading" can become a very expensive "hobby" really fast!

Do your research but that starter kit is a very economically priced setup that will get your started

Welcome and Vape On!!!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi

The original "eGo" was made by Joyetech, but as you've probably figured out eGo has come to refer to all batteries of that style, the way Kleenex is used for tissues. For reference, here is what the threading is and examples of different devices that can be used on it. The devices pictured are a bit outdated, but you get the idea.

m1gl.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm thinking about the spinner seen here Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh.

For the tank I was thinking about a Kranger Pro II.

Would these two be compatible, and would it give me a huge hit?

Okay, what do you mean by a huge hit? Can you ellaborate? Do you want huge as in the vapor to be warmer, do you want to feel it in your throat more, do you want more vapor/cloud, coming out?

EsOne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Millbury OH
The spinner and Protank would be a compatible combination. It would give you a better vape than your current set-up as you're able to change the voltage of the battery itself. Also, the Protank has different resistance coils that you could play with until you find the setup you like.

The Protank has a 510 connection to the battery. The Spinner, and most eGo batteries have both 510 and eGo threading to be able to use many different combinations.

If you're after a "huge" hit, you'll be more likely to get that from more advanced "mods" that are available.

Okay, what do you mean by a huge hit? Can you ellaborate? Do you want huge as in the vapor to be warmer, do you want to feel it in your throat more, do you want more vapor/cloud, coming out?

I guess by huge hit I mean all of the above??

Like I definatey want to feel it in my throat when I inhale. I also like seeing a lot of vapor when I exhale as well..

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Oh okay, your like me haha! Some people don't like a lot of vapor, some hate feeling it in their throat etc.

If you want my honest opinion and you really want to stop smoking and save money in the long run, I would say buy something a little more expensive, not because it's more expensive but because there are a world of devices that will give you what your looking for, that cost a little more.

So think of it like this. Say you smoke a pack a day, $6.00 x 7days = $42.00! That's just one week! $42.00 x 4weeks= $168 in a month- so just remember this price as I continue.(adjust to how much you smoke and cost of ur cigs)

Don't be afraid to put at least $150 into all of your e-cig, vaping gear. If you buy a device of quality, I guarantee, unless you throw it across a room or run over it with a car, or throw it in a pool- IT'S GOING TO WORK longer than a month.

So do yourself a favor and buy a device that people like, that has the power behind it, to give you the clouds and hit that you want.

Keeping your budget in mind- let's call it $100

Vamo- this device is well loved and great for the price. It's going to cost in the ball park of $60.

or for a little more you can get the

Segelei Zmax for aprox $80.

Then grab yourself your Protank II(which is a good tank to start with, simple to use, reliable, etc)

These devices will be able to give you good vapor and throat hit and will last you. How long? I couldn't tell you do a little more research on these 2 I listed above.

Now if you want something easy to use that is as sturdy as a tank, that has no mechanical problems constantly listed here on the forum(use the search bar it comes in handy) like many of the other devices out there- Yes, this device I'm speaking of is a little steep in price initially BUT

It will last you years. You won't be replacing it in a couple months or 6 months...it will last and that device is called the Provari. It works, it works well, its easy to use and understand, sturdy as a tank, has been left in a river for 24 hours, put through a wash cycle and still worked.(of course both of the instances you can find online- they had to be let fully to dry as not to short anything)

It cost $160 for the standard silver version. Of course you will need a good battery, they cost about $12, and a charger they cost about $20. So for slightly more than the average smokers budget monthly for cigs, you can have an amazing device that will last you years.

I highly recommend the Provari, hey it cost you as much if not less or slightly more than you would smoke next month.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
So it seems people recommend the ego twist over the spinner if I'm going to use a pro tank?

The Ego Twist is more common. You will see one in every single smoke shop out there. The Pro Tank II you want can be used on any device with the "510 Threading" which is most devices, at least the ones that have been named in the thread so far.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
^lol..provari-fangirl in the house. That didn't take long...

Before you get another battery, try a lower resistance coil. If that doesn't work, variable voltage. I prefer spinners because the dial is easier to read than the ego's...unless that's changed in the last ~6months. Performance wise, you're not going to differentiate between the two..

itaste's are being bought up by all my friends that I'm getting into vaping. The quality for the price is really unbeatable. I prefer tube mods, but that is just me.

Delivery methods/atomizers are really the most important detail to figure out. I'd recommend getting that dialed in, before you think you need a better battery. Not everyone needs variable voltage.. I honestly can't see not having the convenience of variable voltage, but before I got into them, I already had my primary delivery method picked that I still use today..

DruidPriest

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Good starter setup. I kept my battery because its compact and easy to carry and bought a spare. I moved up to a bottom coil tank referred to as an EVOD or MT3 tank which I like better than the ce4 tanks. But really its up to personal preference. And yes 99.9% of all e-liquids will work with all tanks. *i have heard that cinnamon flavors can crack plastic tanks but having no experience with cinnamon I can not say I know for sure

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies and the long write up I really appreciate it!

I think for now I'm going to go with this kit here Vision Spinner Joye Ego-C Twist Combo

It's $69.95 and with it I will get
1 Vision Spinner 13000 Battery
1 Joye E-Go C twist 1000 battery
1 Kanger MT3 tank
1 Kanger Evod tank

I assume that's a pretty good deal. Later I might break down and spend the extra 20 bucks for the Protank II. That way after tax returns come back near the start of the year I'll have a good piece to use with that Provari you recommended, because yes that thing looks awesome.

Good idea you think?

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
For the tank I was thinking about a Kranger Pro II.

Would these two be compatible
Both the Kanger Protank (510 threading) and the Kanger Mini Protank (eGo threading) are compatible with eGo-style batteries. The Protank would be wider than the battery, the Mini Protank would be the same width.

I would also love to use this tip Skull Drip Tips | VaVaVape. Is that possible?
This drip tip should be compatible with the Protank II or the Mini Protank IIv2, both of which have a removable drip tip. Earlier models (e.g. the original Protank or the Mini Protank IIv1) had a fixed drip tip.

Occasionally, however, a drip tip won't fit right. Even mass-produced pieces can have slight irregularities. (I only mention this because I once bought a drip tip that didn't fit on a tank it should have.)

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Thanks for all the replies and the long write up I really appreciate it!

I think for now I'm going to go with this kit here Vision Spinner Joye Ego-C Twist Combo

It's $69.95 and with it I will get
1 Vision Spinner 13000 Battery
1 Joye E-Go C twist 1000 battery
1 Kanger MT3S tank
1 Kanger Evod tank

I assume that's a pretty good deal. Later I might break down and spend the extra 20 bucks for the Protank II. That way after tax returns come back near the start of the year I'll have a good piece to use with that Provari you recommended, because yes that thing looks awesome.

Good idea you think?

Very good selections. By trying both the Spinner and Twist, you can see for yourself which you like the best, their differences, etc. In so doing, you'll learn your own preferences and be able to help others with their questions as well. Good job! Best of luck! The next step up would be to add the Protank II [Mini]. Best clearo out there, imho, and a very nice look too. The evods and T3's also look great with your Twist/Spinner. A great start!

edit:

P.S., When you do upgrade after tax returns, you'll find that your kit now will provide excellent backups, out and about, and stealth vapes. This kit, btw, is no doubt the most recommended kit I've seen for new comers on the Forum during the last year. I've heard nothing but great reviews by them all, and a lot of appreciative ex-smokers. Congrats and good luck!

Last edited:

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
^lol..provari-fangirl in the house. That didn't take long...

Before you get another battery, try a lower resistance coil. If that doesn't work, variable voltage. I prefer spinners because the dial is easier to read than the ego's...unless that's changed in the last ~6months. Performance wise, you're not going to differentiate between the two..

itaste's are being bought up by all my friends that I'm getting into vaping. The quality for the price is really unbeatable. I prefer tube mods, but that is just me.

Delivery methods/atomizers are really the most important detail to figure out. I'd recommend getting that dialed in, before you think you need a better battery. Not everyone needs variable voltage.. I honestly can't see not having the convenience of variable voltage, but before I got into them, I already had my primary delivery method picked that I still use today..

Lol you be quiet! A fan wouldn't of pointed out 2 other awesome devices. I just like to make sure I point out 90% of these devices people buy will let them down in the first few months(usually less) or will completely stop working within a year. That is all Mr. :p

I refuse to spend $60+ on something I know will be dead in 6months or less with my hard earned money. Why put money in something that you know will die soon? Duhhh Geez. :p

"The Fangirl" lol :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread