New Guy in Town Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
Hello all, new to the forum.

Right now I currntly work in construction. I.E., i dig ditches, roofing, trim trees, mow lawns. lots of outdoor work.
I've come to the conclusion that with the type of work I do, it is just too inconvienent to vape. I've been through all the phases, blues, ego twists, T3S's, and their either too long, leak to much cus of heat/cold weather, or get broken too easy.

Well, now im into mods, currently have a nemisis by hcigar with a kayfun lite plus v2 by ehpro, I love it, but its kinda too much for work. Its a bit too heavy and bulky to carry around at work. What I need is something smaller and lighter, the kayfun on top is pretty heavy, I just got a 4nine mod, witch is quite a bit shorter so but its still pretty heavy and the switch is just too easy to fire.

anyway, thanks for the great forums and all the info here, its got me along great. If i could just get some help finding somthing good for my work, I would be very greatful. thanks.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I am outside a lot, fishing and hunting, no where near what you do but my gear needs to take a beating. I was just checking out this PV, a little on the big side but it looks like it takes a beating. The older version had a problem with it's chip and would give bad reading but the revised version seems a lot more solid.

E LVT - SweetSpotVapor

There is a video at the bottom of the page and this one:

His review was before they resolved the issues they were having but he tosses the damn thing in the toilet and then vapes it. He babbles a bit but it give you some idea of how the PV can take a beating.

molimelight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Columbia, MO
I use an Ego C-Twist 1000 mAh with a Kanger Protank 2 Mini. I have a "holster" that came with a mini LCD Mag Lite that I bought at Wal-Mart. It's worked great for me doing all kinds of work in hot or cold weather. Clearing snow on the riding mower in the winter or, like today, clearing two trailers of brush. I just make sure, when I re-holster it the button is facing forward where it's not being pressed by the inside or the outside of the holster. The button on the C-Twist is kinda small but I can work it with gloves on OK. Hope that helps.

I like the vision spinner a bit more than the ego, also with a protank mini. The button on mine is a bit stiffer and the battery lasts a bit longer for time you're away from home (like work). I don't know how durable it will be in the long run but I've dropped mine all over every surface imaginable and it's still working

thismat

Aug 6, 2013
DFW
Bay City Vapors makes the 29 and surf rider which are great beater mods and very short.

Basically what you need is something with a nice hybrid topcap, which will reduce size quite a bit.

As for atty, look into a spheroid, or maybe a nano kit for your kayfun. I'd normally suggest drippers but you mentioned you don't really do well with leaking issues.

Another option to possibly look into if you are okay going to 500 or 350s would be a Microstick with their new atty or a spheroid. It's a super small setup, works well, and can be virtually leak proof with the right atomizer.

It's also built really well and should not give you any trouble there either.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Using all metal components in your KFL+ would make it more durable. Replace the plastic sleeve with the metal one provided.

A Mini Provari would shorten your setup and be just as durable as any mechanical mod. This regulated mod is uncommonly tough as a tank. USA-made by a manufacturer who supports it for life. Very pocket-friendly. Why Provari?

mini_kayfun.jpg Mini Provari 2.jpg Segelei Mini Zmax and Mini Provari.jpg Mini Provari v2.jpg

Ed Kindred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, Texas, United States
holes.jpg holes.jpg I'm a Structural Fitter. I work inside & out. I also have a small Power Washing business. My favorite is the Ego-T 1300 mah battery with the Kanger Pro 2 and a adjustable air flow control valve. $26 including shipping on ebay if you're careful. If I have to keep one in my pocket, I use a 650 mah ego battery with a Aspire 1.5 ml tank.$20 on ebay. On the bottom of either coil there is a little air intake. I drill mine out to 1/16". I a;so drill the air inlets on the outside of the tank & the air controller to 1/16". This makes them flow MUCH more air and cools the coil better so they last longer. My coils are about 2 mos old and they still work. Some folks have to replace them almost daily. The 650 mah ego is a tough little dude. It was my first one, original coils, I have 2 of them, and original batteries. They fit in a shirt pocket nicely. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Thanks for the suggestions all, but I was kinda hoping to find another mech mod thats just a bit smaller and lighter, that would fit an 18650.

A super lite Reo LP Grand is an all in one battery, dripper and juice bottle. Super rugged and light. You just press on the bottle when the atty needs more juice.
These are the same reasons I ended up getting one, and now I'm waiting for my 4th to arrive.
6a4ujena.jpg

Mines not a superlite version, but the weight isn't an issue to me.
If you have a Kayfun lite and a 4nine, it sure is tiny in 18350 mode. Just bring a couple extra batteries in your pack.

Last edited:

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
The "BIG" (not big at all lol) Vision Spinner w/ a Aspire BDC tank to sit atop - just make sure you get the beauty ring for it, or it'll look weird! PERFECT for construction work (I run heavy equipment). It's VV and CHEAP, I got my battery for $30.

Hey all, thanks for all the reply's. You guys have been very helpful. sadly, I've tried just about all of those, except the Provari. But I did start out with a ego twist I believe? The shorter of the two "twists/spinners" anyway, I broke it after one drop, so, yeeah....

Also, I like the smoothness of VG so whatever juice I get i try to get as much VG as possible, but not 100%. Anyway, I think I'm gonna try getting a kayfun nano kit for my kayfun lite plus v2, I like having everything stainless, so i was gonna get a stainless nano kit, but I am unsure if it will work with my EHpro kahyfun lite v2

Again, thanks for all the reply's This is why I joined this site.:vapor:

Doghead

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Usa
Fasttech sells little parts to make your KF/nem combo a hybrid-like setup. I got it and it works good once I figured it out ( I had to remove a little center pin to get it to fit right) and it cut about 1/4" off the overall length. Not a big difference, but every bit helps. Grab a shorter drip tip and there's a 1/2" improvement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread