New guy in town :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad0w

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2010
Trapped by Schrödinger's cat....
Hey everyone, I am Mario.

Just got into vaping and am going insane at this point without an analog.
Been 2 entire days now and this BluCig just doesn't cut it.:facepalm:

I have found myself going through about 3 or 4 carts a day with this and getting very little vapor production or satisfaction at all really.

Either way, in an effort to stop the madness, I found you!
I hope to learn from you all (cool mods btw) and share some great conversations while I hopefully stop tobacco use entirely.

Hopefully I am welcome :blush:

finalthought83

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
virginia beach
WELCOME to ECF glad you found us, now that you are having problems with your blu there are many great other devices you could try. What are you looking for in an ecig and most of us can help with getting you what you should try that will be more to your liking.

Might i suggest an eGo. Great Vapor, great battery life 6-10 hours depending on how much you vape. Very adaptable and easily found.

rickyman

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2009
Michigan
Hi Mario,

I started with a Blucig too, and like you, I found it didn't work very well for me. Some people seem to like it, but it wasn't what I needed. I did some research here on ECF and decided to try the Joye 510 from cignot.com and was very pleased with this model. It works even better with an eGo battery.

Over the past six months I have tried several different models, but I think the 510 is still my favorite.

rickyman

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2009
Michigan
welcome aboard....I would just keep looking around here on ECF and check out the different models until you feel comfortable with trying one out. the 510 is great, but so is the 808d-1. just do some intence research and you'll make the right decision

good luck

That's a good point. The 808 is also one of my favorites. ECF is a great place to research different models and get an idea of what's what.

Shad0w

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2010
Today was the first I have been able to post.
Unfortunately my confirmation e-mail got lost in the spam folder.... :duh:

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone! :)

I have been going x-eyed reading here the last few days/nights/days(They just run into eachother I swear..;))
I have ordered a 510 atty, as from my reading it seems that it will work with the Blucig battery thread pitch/pattern.
My girl likes the Blu just fine.
I on hte other hand have always been a HEAVY smoker.
Sometimes in excess of 2+packs a day. :eek:hnoes:
Unfortunately, I do not have the funds to do much at this point. I am almost out of the extra "carton" of Blu carts I ordered with the kit and I REALLY don't want to smoke anymore.

That's why these couple days have been so harsh.
I know if I have even one, I am screwed.

What I would love out of a digi-cig:
Heavy vapor
Long batt life
potentially auto feed or juice box type mod seems to fit the bill.

I just need to make till then so I can build one and order some juice.
Payday is 2 weeks away! :(

I know of no one local that vapes, so that's bit of a bummer as well. No local "support".

- Mario

Shad0w

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2010
PIF subforum seems very cool, but I hate to ask, and I am not allowed until I have (I believe) 10 POSTS TO VENTURE OUT OF THE SANDBOX. ;)
I completely understand these policies as well. Helps keep the place in order.
I am an Admin for a Toyota website, so rules, are something I stick to on any forum.

Sorry ^^ Caps got stuck. (oops! )

So not so random question here...
I have looked and searched and found nothing on this question: Why are atty's not a standardized threading?
Seems to me it would make things much more easy to mod, produce and replace.
No urgency in this Q, just musing "aloud" ;)

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Welcome shadowlife. I think there is not much more frustrating than an e-cig that does not perform well when you are trying to not smoke. Some people like the blu and alot of people do not. After reading your description of what you might like, I would think that you would do well with a mod that takes lithium ion rechargeable batteries. You will need to decide if you think you would be satisfied with a 3.7v device or would rather have a 5v or 6v device or even perhaps one you could do both with. The two auto feeds that I am familiar with are the juice box and the GG AFS. Both of which can be rather expensive. Everyone here will have their favorites and make suggestions that hold good intentions. You should take a look at all of the different units and try to figure out which ones you like the features and looks of and then perhaps ask for opinions on the ones you narrow it down to. There are also many reviews of the different models. I wish you well on your search and feel free to ask questions.

finalthought83

ECF Veteran
    Apr 18, 2010
    virginia beach
    As far as the atties with different threading - E-cig industry is still in its infancy stage for the most part. Just within a few months things have changed so much. Nothing is as of yet standardized. Although choice things i have noticed are starting to become common place *i.e. certain batteries, atties in homemade mods*

Shad0w

ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2010
    Thank you Hittman :)
    I have read the comparo thread and the multi-part review on different e-cigs already. SO much info.
    I would love to do my own mod, and for the things I'd like to do, it seems that proper info is treated as a bit of a trade secret, even in a public forum setting.
    Perhaps it is my very hands on diy approach to things, but in reading many past posts, it seems as though some guys go straight from making a nice mod to becoming vendors, or in the case of Carlos49 simply becoming entirely unavailable.

I was a mechanic for 13 years in the Automotive industry and have an AA in electronics as wel, so modding doesn't put me off.
    I help people on my forum get their cars fixed every day it seems.
    I guess my point is that I am not an elitist. If I can help anyone really, I do. Information is to be shared.
    I hope that is a trend that can continue here for me :)

Finalthought83: I have noticed in my browsing that the 510 atty seems to be the most popular in mods, at least now.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    shadowlife, it sounds like you will want to check out the modders section for sure. I too started with a 510 and quickly got sick of the short battery life. I then found the modders section and built some nicosticks/box mods. They work well and can be built for very little money. The 14500 that the simple ones use lasts for a very long time. I do electrical and electronics for my work and really don't care to do it that much on my off time so I don't do much modding any more and have settled down with a couple of commercial mods. It wasn't this way when I started vaping but now you can get adapters to fit just about any atty. Once you decide on a unit, you might want to get adapters and try each one of the attys yourself to decide which is your favorite(s). I run a 510 at 6v and a RN4075(901) at 3.7v most of the time but sometimes will throw on an 801 at 6v. It's all about personal preference and it's a bit of a learning curve for each of us to find what works for us. At least now you can buy adapters fairly cheap and try them all for not alot of money once you decide on a mod that fits you.

Shad0w

ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2010
    Great advice there Hittman.
    Which begs another question, what resources do we have here to find the best prices on QUALITY parts?
    When I say that, I mean really you do get what you pay for.
    Like when I was still working in the auto industry, everyone will shell out the $$$ for cheap but, hold their cash for quality because of immediate investment.
    I know attys and such are "wear parts", but things like adapters and such, are they considered wear parts as well?
    Are some more stoutly made than others? And lastly how much of the advertising is just snake oil?
    Do all these products come from China, so I should expect a certain quality level across the board or what?

I am sorry if I overlooked it but I didn't see a very centralized "Review" section in relation to actual parts.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I think there are only a few manufacturers of the attys. I have seen a little variation on performance and how the wick is made on some but honestly have never had one that I thought was junk. I did have a couple die almost immediately but they were replaced under warranty and the new ones were fine. Just like anything else, you might get a bad one once in a while. As far as adapters go, I have a few different ones and have never had one that didn't work. Most are just a machined piece of metal that allow you to use a certain atty with a different battery connector. Some vendors however seem to, from my view point, overcharge for adapters. You can get them really cheap from china vendors but most times shipping is quite a bit. There are many good U.S. vendors that have them at a fair price and there are some that charge too much for an adapter that does the same thing that the cheap one does. Everyone here has their favorite vendors as I do but don't know if I should really get into pushing my favorites. I could give you a list of some that I have used and received good service from if you would like. Send me a pm if you like.

johnnybgdg

ECF Veteran
    Jun 11, 2010
    S. Cal
    I too have the Blu, IMO the carts suck. Now that I put E-Liquid in it it's much much better. Still not alot of vapor but i actually like little vapor and use the blu in stealth mode in places where you can't vape. 1000 times better TH with own liquid.
    510 for sitting around the house or driving when you do want more realistic vapor. but again get your liquid. I rec Tasty Vapor and Dats. great customer service, good prices, and custom mix of product.
    good luck and
    Keep Vaping
    John

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread