New guy to the Vape Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyBluSmok

Oct 10, 2018
Howdy there fine folks, I am new to the entire vape scene, just decided to quit smoking last Friday, and have had probably five sticks since that day. I started with a cheap ($3.99 on sale!!) Vapin Plus pen, and some Boulder e juice from the local gas station. Wow....

Today I bought a Boulder Rock, because it was cheap, and I just received my juice order from VW and just had to try out some more flavors! I was thrilled to discover a video by a member here that details how to re-wick and rebuild the tank for a Boulder Rock.
I love the way the Vape community is all about learning new things and finding your own way. I look forward to a long while of being here in this Forum.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Since you're new to the scene, here's a list of your typical entry-level vape fashion items:
  • pair of artificially scuffed drainpipe jeans
  • hoodie with some meaningless babble printed on it. no big brands please, that's "selling out"
  • flat-visor baseball cap with even less meaningful babble printed on it
  • clearly visible tattoos of cheesy motivational slogans on your forearms and hands (can be fake)
  • a pair of chrome mirrored glasses
  • and of course a dense but tightly cut full beard (asians are excused, can sport bum fluff if so desired)
Report back once you got those, then we can talk about that 4-battery 300W mod you'll buy next.

Last edited:

MadClowdz

Sep 8, 2018
Welcome, fellow newbie! 6 months + off those ickies and never looking back! I love vaping. I never went the pod route, as I had friend living with me who gave me one of his iStick mods and a Smok baby beast tank to start with. I found that a nicotine level of 6 was the sweet spot for me. I was a Newport smoker, so I found a 50/50 blend I really like of a Newport-like juice I get online and a peach tea juice I get from my local vape shop. It's the perfect blend of menthol and a nice sweet peach tea flavor.
I'm a tech kind of guy who loves to get into and learn about new stuff, and the vaping community is chock full of goodies for people like me! Let's see...I started with the iStick, then bought my first mod, the Innokin Kroma-A, great beginner mod, and paired it with the Cleito Exo tank, also a great beginner tank especially for mouth-to-lung style vaping. Quickly transitioned to direct-to-lung style and bought my second mod, the Eleaf Tessera. Great compact mod that goes up to 150 watts and has a nice big TFT color screen that shows battery percentage and date/time. Paired that up with the Uwell Crown III tank, which is a very good tank.
Currently, I have a Voopoo Drag mod paired with the Horizontech Falcon Artisan Resin tank and mesh coils. I love this setup, the Falcon holds tons of juice and the mesh coils taste amazing. Only issue is leaking but I have a return setup with the online vape store I got it from (Elementvape) and I ordered another one so hopefully it was just a defective unit.
My friend did have a pod-style vape he really liked, the suorin vagon. Great battery life, portability, and refillable.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Since you're new to the scene, here's a list of your typical entry-level vape fashion items:
  • pair of artificially scuffed drainpipe jeans
  • hoodie with some meaningless babble printed on it. no big brands please, that's "selling out"
  • flat-visor baseball cap with even less meaningful babble printed on it
  • clearly visible tattoos of cheesy motivational slogans on your forearms and hands (can be fake)
  • a pair of chrome mirrored glasses
  • and of course a dense but tightly cut full beard (asians are excused, can sport bum fluff if so desired)
Report back once you got those, then we can talk about that 4-battery 300W mod you'll buy next.

You missed "bubble gum" flavoured e liquid. (In truth, almost anything overly flavoured and very sweet will reek smell about the same.)

Cheers
I

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome to the ECF. :)

You know, with the word Blu in your username, I was concerned for one minute.

Blu, Vuse, Juul, MarkTen, Whitecloud, Vaporfi, Migcigs and V2 are all naughty words in my house.
Smok... yeh, I'll let you off that one. :p

If the Boulder is refillable... then enjoy and vape on. :)
- -

Is it too late to change your username? :eek: :D

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I have the Rock on my maybe list. But I'm just getting lazy I guess. I just wanna be done with all the fiddling around. It was fun for 3 and a half years.
I just won a pod system with refillable pods. If it's to my liking and IF the $3 pods last at least a week I'm gonna just go with that.
Wish you well with the Rock. Have fun.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

mbzdyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
SW Chicago
Stick with it. In my humble opinion and experience e-cigs are far superior to any other nicotine replacement methods out there. It won’t be stress free, but the challenge is very mild and the results are awesome. It might be a good idea to have a spare in good working order to stop you from lighting up in case your primary fails. And I wouldn’t try to cut down on nicotine to soon, you will know when you are ready. First 3 weeks I had menthol juice on standby to give me that extra throat hit to calm me down when the urge to light up got uncomfortable. Drinking hot liquids such as tea or chicken broth with some hot sauce mixed in also helped me ( possibly also the reason I did not gain any weight) Fourth week it got much easier. Soon after, I knew I never wanted to light up again.
I can’t believe it has been over 4 years since I replaced stinkies with an RTA.
Good luck to you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread