New...Having Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

almindigo

May 13, 2019
About a week in to my juul, using the Loon brand pods. I've been a heavy smoker for 18 yrs. At first I was so happy I found an alternative! Now a week in and have a bad chest and head cold.

I do have allergies so not sure if this is impacting my situation but the joy of vaping is no longer the same if it is what is causing my discomfort....back to my regular cigs, 2 of them today until I can figure out what's truly going on.

Any similar experiences? I've read the propylene glycol or the acid can be irritating but guess that's why I'm on the forum...any feedback is appreciated!

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    When I get a chest cold I just hold the vapor in my mouth for a few moments and exhale thru my nose.
    That's how I toke normally. Although I'm sure there is a little bit of "lung inhaltion", sometimes I explicitly try to do an exclusive "in mouth, out nose" thing.

Reactions: Letitia

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

Sounds like a common cold with a chest infection or similar. The usual symptoms of PG allergy include swollen tongue, rash, itchy nose etc....not your symptoms.

I think it likely that the giving up smoking of 18 years has weakened your chest as it tries to clean itself out and you will feel better for it afterwards. After 18 years we forget what a normal immune response is actually like :)

Keep going with the vaping and try and stay off the death sticks :smokie:

Reactions: Ruben41771

ShawnB85

ECF Veteran
    Aug 4, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Same thing happened to me when I first started. Felt like I had a cold and was hacking up some nasty green stuff. That lasted a month or so, I kept vaping the whole time, it just cleared up on its own. Now the only thing that gets me is grass pollen in South GA :mad:. I should mention that I'm no doctor and if you feel like you have health concerns you should totally see a qualified person (someone was bound to chime in eventually).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread