ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
Check out a new $17!!! Health mini-cig in a rechargeable cigarette-like pack, sold by DealExtreme. I was an early buyer of an original Health e-cig, which proved to be terrible. But this is so interesting that it almost begs a test. This thing, with 5 cartridges, is cheaper than a single carton of cigarettes. It's almost .. an unintended disposable.

DealExtreme: $17.86 Health Electronic Cigarettes with Chargers and 6-Refills Set (110V~220V AC)

WoW bob
this need reviewing its nearly a price of a pack of cigarettes !

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
TB- why couldn't oyu have posted htis yesterday? I just ordered the loongtotem last night! Uggg- I would have bought the dealextreme instead to try it out. Just my luck lol. Anyway- if oyu get it, pelase do keep us posted how it works- this looks very interesting- It looks liek htough that the atomizer unit is probably the typical mini cigg atomizer, & the cartridges have hte typical small wool in htem, but it wil lbe itneresting to see how long htey last- if they are liek hte standard minis though, they will only last a coupel of ciggs per cartridge (juice wise I mean), but hopefulyl they will last much longer.

& check to see if the cartridges fit on other brand mini batteries too if oyu have some- if so, you'll be able ot have two or more batteries charged and ready to go- looks liek the pack only comes with one batrtery, but if htese htigns are any good, wouldn't hurt to by two or more packs at that price

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
When I saw this, I thought that atomizer might work for dripping. If that's the case, then this cheapo might be a "cigarette break" unit, good for 10 minutes at a time. Take your break, drip 3 drops on the atomizer, and puff. Since I already own an old model Health mini cig, I have a spare battery, too. As far as I can tell, this only comes with one battery.

Imagine if this lasted just two weeks with dripping and vaping before the atomizer went home to Nichrome Heaven. The thing would truly be an easy-to-carry, cheap disposable.

Big problem with the old one, though, was LACK of vapor. I know now that I'd never be satisfied with anything less than Meltrex's pen style or a Janty Kissbox. Those rock. My other stuff sinks.

This thing, with 5 cartridges, is cheaper than a single carton of cigarettes. It's almost .. an unintended disposable.

You called this one quite a while ago my friend, We "early adapters" may have paid the premium to be the first in the pool... but this the next wave. The logical next step.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I just hope it performs much better than current mini ciggs do- got my fingers crossed for ya TB- Hoping htis is hte next big thing in esmoking- at htose prices, and especially if htey can be refilled a number of times before hte atomizers die, we could certainly afford ot buy quite a pile of those packages and have all sorts of spare back up parts and chargers at hte ready

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I'm not getting my expectations up, that's for sure, based on the old Health mini cig and my Health e-cigar. Wimps, both. But we'll see what it's capable of. Nice to see the packing that makes it as easy to carry as a pack of cigarettes. Nice built-in charger setup, too.

By the way, Mixos' thread on LoongTotem got diverted, hijacked and became a public brawl, so I'll post here that I asked him to send me some used cartridges, to see if an adapter ring could be fashioned. He sent me both new and used cartridges and they arrived today.

The cartridge takes a battery with exactly the same thread as my Janty Kissbox. But the Janty battery does not recess deep enough into the metal end of the LoongTotem cartridge to make a connection.

The generic Meltrex pen style battery doesn't fit at all -- too big.

I'm currently testing another mini-cig sent to me for a review , but its battery has a female end, so that can't be tried.

But the old Health mini cig is close, real close. The threads aren't the same, so it won't screw down, but it fits into the LoongTotem cartridge female slot --- and makes the connection. I began using it with a fresh LoongTotem cartridge. Mixos does not lie! The amount of vapor produced with even an easy draw is prodigious. And I didn't get much of a taste at all, certainly not any foul taste.

The battery light did not come on until I inhaled through the cart/atomizer, which I held in place with just my fingers.

I don't exactly have a need to duct tape the Health battery to the LoongTotem cartridge, so the next step is to visit a machine shop and see how difficult it would be to make an adapter ring. Male-to-female arrangement, Janty thread, Health depth.

Last edited:

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Well please keep me updated on that LT TB- it sure woudl be great to find a way to use other batteries as I'm sure hte two I am gettign with hte kit won't lasdt too long. That's cool abotu hte vapor- I've got soem Kohnson Creek juice coming, so this might give it soem good kick. Ned in his thread is on his 4'th day on same cartridge with hte refilling- will be interestign to push hte atomizer to see how far it will go- I'll probably be starting my own loong thread somethime next week :) I've got a couple of batteries from other brand, so we'll see if somethign works there- hopefully it will.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
My secret hope here -- after studying the photos carefully -- is that the battery for this $17 thing screws into the LoongTotem cartridges that Mixos sent me. Those cartridges produce massive amounts of vapor! I would then have a cheap rechargeable battery and $1.80-per-day cartridge/atomizers at my disposal. Put LoongTotem carts in that package and I'd be set.

I'll know in a few days.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
i like the design though its a shame the prongs are connected to the pack. non-US customers would need to buy an adapter to make it work. i have one but i doubt many do. if its only use serves as a battery for the loong then i might get one or request some batteries at least. at $17.95 or €11.55 (a pack and a half of smokes where i live) and free world-wide shipping, you cant go far wrong.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Can't wait TB- I REALLY hope the batteries form that fit the Loongtotem- I'd buy a couple of htose packs just to have the spare batteries and a good charger system- wouldn't that be awsome? I'm very happy to hear that you've confirmed Mixos' claim of excellent vapor from the Loongtotem- makes me feel a bit better about just having shelled out $230 for hte kit- I just hope the batteries that come aren't duds, and if the batteries from the DE kit fit- that will just be extra cool- Waiting anxiously for your kit to arrive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread