New Health e-cig model

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
OK, further evaluation; the draw gets too annoying. I said a 2 before, but it's more like a 1.5. I defined a 1 as sucking on wood, so I can't go that low. Also, I'm not sure the pack is recharging the e-cig battery. The led doesn't light to indicate anything, unless the pack is plugged in, and none of the literature mentions the pack charging the battery independantly of being plugged in . Third problem, the cheap paper box around the inner plastic shell. The lid is just cardboard, and will come off in a few days or so. Last, the holders for the cartrides and atomizer aren't secure enough and they slide out. Once the lid falls off, that'll be a real problem. All in all, the best part of this, and the only good part I can see, is the price.

Oh, but I do agree, TB, I like the cartridge design. I hadn't noticed it till you mentioned, and I checked. I might see if that'll fit into any other mini mouthpieces.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I'm having my share of problems also, Leaford. The draw is just awful. Thick milkshake doesn't do it justice. But I'm starting to blame that tiny battery. Everything changes -- for the better -- when I switch to the old battery that came with an earlier Health mini cig.

The standard battery with this one has also started dying quicker. A few hours use and it needs recharging. The light blinks after drawing about a second or two. Very little vapor is produced during those short draws.

When I put the old battery on, the draw is very difficult, since there appears to be no air inlet. But the LED comes on quickly ... and stays on until I stop inhaling. The vapor is much, much better.

BTW: This will not charge unless the battery is screwed very tightly into the pack.

This is just such a great idea, but Health doesn't give us comfidence that it can produce a quality product. Are you listening, Ruyan/Janty? This is a great package with super potential.

And it's a great toy and conversation starter! It'll be a permanent "second" e-cig for me. Just in case.

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
That's what I was thinking Emp- order the two battery unit, then get the pack- and just use the bigger batteries in the charger (Might have to alter the pack to accomodate the larger batteries- but no big deal- A little duct tape and away ya go lol.)

Andyone try taking hte cap off the barrty yet to see if it improves draw?

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Emp, that's the one. I had one battery DOA and DealExtreme refunded me half the purchase price, no problem at all.

I've been testing a bit and found that the new battery doesn't seem to charge properly in the battery charger that came with the old Health unit. Not sure why. It charges properly in the pack, but not in the old charger. And the old battery won't fit in the pack. The pack's top won't close; the battery is too tall.

I'll post later on. Today is busy getting things out of the yard, running food and water errands, etc. ahead of the coming storm.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Bob- I just poke a hole in old Marlboro boxes to carry my loong around in- it pops up through the top, but meh- I don't care, and actaully it makes it quite handy to just reach in my shirt pocket, grab the ecigg without having to pop open the box, and just remove hte device- throwing it back in the box is handy too- no need to remove box, open- just pop cigg through the hole. I know it doesn't look good, but I'm not concerned abotu that really

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
by the time you spend on this new one,and then the old one for batteries,you could buy a white 901 eco pack...and actually have a very good ecig,instead of two bad ones...

buying awful dealex ecigs doesnt make sense when there are good minis out there that dont require the purchase of another ecig for batteries.

it doesnt matter how cheap it is...clearly this product is crap.

good concept,badly executed=waste of time....NEXT...

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
You're right in some ways, Darcy, but I am going to reward innovation whenever I can. Whether it comes from Health or Ruyan or LoongTotem or GreenCig. Some company has got to move e-smoking forward because today it's a disaster of failed products, burned-up atomizers, leaking liquids, "guaranteed" parts that are really disposables, too little vapor, inadequate battery life, pathetic nic hits, grossly overpriced pieces .. need I go on?

The Health pack is a great concept. And just what can anyone expect for $17 and free shipping from China? I can barely get an empty core sent for that total!

The thing is not nearly as good as more expensive products. That's for sure. I'm using my Kissbox frequently since the Health just can't cut it for vapor, easy draw, battery life or nic hit. But I'm not unhappy with this one. Not like I'm unhappy with everything about E-Cig. DealExtreme has always been fast and fair with me. Can't say that for E-Cig. Their Olympic torch e-cig undoubtedly has a life span equal to the opening ceremonies .. if it works at all.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
yes,i agree that innovation is important and exciting...but if the effort to innovate is made,then shouldnt the effort also be made to make a decent product?otherwise whats the point?

to me its fundamental that a device should deliver the basics well,regardless of price...if it doesnt do that,then all the innovation in the world doesnt matter.

and remember-ecig.com developed the E-pack ages ago...basically the same idea...and it was rubbish too...

its a good idea...lets hope someone makes a worthwhile version...this ones a toy.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
. Whether it comes from Health or Ruyan or LoongTotem or GreenCig. Some company has got to move e-smoking forward because today it's a disaster of failed products, burned-up atomizers, leaking liquids, "guaranteed" parts that are really disposables, too little vapor, inadequate battery life, pathetic nic hits, grossly overpriced pieces .. need I go on?

Please do, I was rather enjoying readign the truth abotu htezxe devices lol- I absolutely agree- The first company to address all those issues AND be a disposable, will be rich and have dedicated customers hwo will be quite satisfied.

Slthough todays devices are just asyou describe, I still am not dissappointed I jumped on the wagon- I've certainly had a lot of fun- expensive fun, but meh- if I were able to, I'd be out drinking this money away anyways- thank goodness I'm not able to, and can instead spend the $$ on somethiogn that has provided much entertainment and experimentation with. The device I have is adequate- not spectacular, but just ok- But I'm thinking the Ruyan throwaway will help bolster my exprience- a good htrowaway, good vapor, pretty good hit, above average taste accordign to most, good battery, lasts a long time, refillable if you so desire, and not too expensive. It seems to meet soem of the issues you list, at least on paper, will see if it lives up to my hopes when it arrives

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hi all, has anyone heard of a 89mm e cig called a Mirage??? I saw it on EBAY it came with a red and green light for use in pubs! Has a good battery life and electronics. new to this so help!

Craig,

No need to post your question more then once in random threads. Please check your original post, I replied to it.

Thanks,
-CaSH

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
The battery that came with the Health pack died on Day 5. I'll see how responsive DealExtreme is in replacing it. But ...

The old battery soldiers on.

Just as the shorter battery for the LoongTotem doesn't work as well as the longer one, the longer one for my old Health proves much better on this pack model. And it does screw into the pack's charger (I also have the original charger that came with the old Health mini cig).

I am now using the Health pack with the old long battery periodically (I greatly prefer my Janty Kissbox and have no desire to punish myself with less capable devices except for diversion). Also enjoying the minicigarette.net 903. So the Health isn't being heavily tested at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread