New here- can somone help me with increasing Nic of Ejuice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSnore

Oct 3, 2018
Hello there!
This is my first post and I need some help calculating the amount of nicotine to add to an ejuice I bought

My favorite flavor is no longer offered in 12mg- highest they sell is 6mg now.

I bought 60ml bottles of the 6mg nic and I want to increase the nicotine content to 12mg.
I purchased a bottle of 100mg PG nicotine additive to use.
How much of said nicotine should I add to the 60ml bottles to get *around* 12 mg?
Also what should I use to add the nic so it is precise?
Thanks so much, this isn’t something I want to do without consulting more experienced people first.

Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
60 ml of 12 mg nic has 720 mg of nicotine in the bottle.

you already have 360 mg of nic in the 60 ml of juice. 60 x 6

So you need to add another 320 mg of nic per bottle to get pretty much but not exactly 12 mg. 3.2 mg of 100 mg nic - 320 mg

So add 3.2 ml per bottle of the 100 mg nic and you will have 11.4 mg/ml nic and 63.2 ml of ejuice

Edit: Last line should be add 3.6 ml and you have 63.6 ml of 11.3 mg nic

DrSnore

Oct 3, 2018
60 ml of 12 mg nic has 720 mg of nicotine in the bottle.

you already have 360 mg of nic in the 60 ml of juice. 60 x 6

So you need to add another 320 mg of nic per bottle to get pretty much but not exactly 12 mg. 3.2 mg of 100 mg nic - 320 mg

So add 3.2 ml per bottle of the 100 mg nic and you will have 11.4 mg/ml nic and 63.2 ml of ejuice

I really appreciate this!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
6to12.JPG

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

If the bottle is completely full, you will need another container that can hold 65+ ml. (leave some room for shaking)

Cheers
I
ETA: PG based 100mg/ml nicotine calculated at 1.16g/ml

Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I'll second Izan. 4.1 ml would give you 12 mg/ml, but rounding to 4 ml gets you 11.9 mg/ml, which is probably good enough.

You also asked how to measure it. A syringe (without the needle) would probably be your best bet. Pharmacies, vets and farm supply stores often carry them for measuring children's or small animal's medications. Many online vaping shops also have them. The other alternative is to do it by weight, but I'd only recommend that if you have a very accurate scale. If you do go by weight, 4 ml PG is about 4.15 grams.

DrSnore

Oct 3, 2018
Hi and welcome,
View attachment 770951

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

If the bottle is completely full, you will need another container that can hold 65+ ml. (leave some room for shaking)

Cheers
I
ETA: PG based 100mg/ml nicotine calculated at 1.16g/ml

Sorry it took a bit to get back but I appreciate it! Especially the clarification about PG based nicotine 100mg solution being 1.16 g/ml
I was wondering what to do with the gram measurements since I lack a decent scale.
Not to mention, now that I can actually use the fundamental knowledge regarding measurements, conversions, fluids, etc that I learned way back in my school years, I can’t remember much of it
If only my science and math teachers could see me now

DrSnore

Oct 3, 2018
I'll second Izan. 4.1 ml would give you 12 mg/ml, but rounding to 4 ml gets you 11.9 mg/ml, which is probably good enough.

You also asked how to measure it. A syringe (without the needle) would probably be your best bet. Pharmacies, vets and farm supply stores often carry them for measuring children's or small animal's medications. Many online vaping shops also have them. The other alternative is to do it by weight, but I'd only recommend that if you have a very accurate scale. If you do go by weight, 4 ml PG is about 4.15 grams.
Thanks for your reply! I actually don’t have a scale that I would trust enough to handle small amounts of liquid but I am considering investing in one.
I bought a baby medicine dropper with increments labeled on it at my local pharmacy but I think I’m going to go ahead and get some graduated pippettes or medicine droppers off the internet. The baby dropper I bought is too thick so getting accurate amounts of liquid is hard and way less exact.

DrSnore

Oct 3, 2018
I personally wouldn't use "drops" to mix. Different droppers make different size drops, which could throw off any accuracy using volume methods. A graduated syringe would be more accurate if measuring by volume.
That was the first thing I thought about using going into this. I decided not to because I wasn’t sure how well that it would work with a small liquid amount and I was worried about the PG nic’s fluid consistency and getting it all out of the GC when transferring the fluid.
But you’re saying a small Graduated cylinder would work just fine? I haven’t done this mix yet and haven’t ordered the pippettes so if you think that’s the way to go I may pick one up!

*edit; after re-reading this I realized how dumb it sounded... of course a graduated cylinder works for measuring liquid! IDK what I was thinking. It’s just daunting to do something for the first time.

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
That was the first thing I thought about using going into this. I decided not to because I wasn’t sure how well that it would work with a small liquid amount and I was worried about the PG nic’s fluid consistency and getting it all out of the GC when transferring the fluid.
But you’re saying a small Graduated cylinder would work just fine? I haven’t done this mix yet and haven’t ordered the pippettes so if you think that’s the way to go I may pick one up!

*edit; after re-reading this I realized how dumb it sounded... of course a graduated cylinder works for measuring liquid! IDK what I was thinking. It’s just daunting to do something for the first time.

I'd go with a graduated oral syringe like this one. I also have a set of plastic graduated cylinders for larger volumes. They work pretty well as long as I can prop them up to give them 10 minutes or so to drain completely (hence the plastic rather than glass - they take a tumble now and then).

For 4 ml, though, I'd definitely prefer the syringe. Oral syringes have good-sized openings and no needle, so they work well with ejuice, which can be too viscous to go through a needle. Some people prefer needles, though, so if you do that you'll need a low gauge needle (the lower the gauge, the wider the needle).

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The 1 ml tuberculin plastic syringes...you'll need to get several. The markings tend to disappear once they touch e-liquid. The syringe is graduated in 0.1 ml. They're cheap...less than a dollar a piece. 1 cc syringe

1ml_Luer_Slip_Syringe__73249.1412818018.jpg

Or you could get a pyrex glass 1 ml syringe if you can find one. I found a pair for $30 on Amazon. The markings on the glass syringes are permanent.

19G357_AW01

Last edited:

DrSnore

Oct 3, 2018
Quick update:
I got the 100mg nicotine PG solution and added it to 30 ml if the 6mg nic ejuice that I had. The resulting nicotine strength should have ended up around 11.8-12 mg nicotine.
I let it sit for about a week then tested it, it had a nice throat hit and I was excited that it had all worked out...
But then I noticed that I had a really tight chest, and it was hard to breath... it took me a bit to realize what was causing it but I figured out it was the ejuice that I had increased the nic strength of. I have a different vape with some store bought brand name 12mg liquid in it and can vape that all day with no problems... but when I take one pull of the vape with the ejuice of custom nic strength I immediately get breathing problems.
I obviously have stopped using the juice.. but I was wondering has anyone had this happen before? I was thinking it could be the PG base of the nic solution, or maybe I didn’t mix or let the solution sit long enough?
It’s a real bummer since the juice I was increasing the strength of is no longer sold in 12mg. Think I should try it with a VG based solution and see what happens?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Quick update:
I got the 100mg nicotine PG solution and added it to 30 ml if the 6mg nic ejuice that I had. The resulting nicotine strength should have ended up around 11.8-12 mg nicotine.
I let it sit for about a week then tested it, it had a nice throat hit and I was excited that it had all worked out...
But then I noticed that I had a really tight chest, and it was hard to breath... it took me a bit to realize what was causing it but I figured out it was the ejuice that I had increased the nic strength of. I have a different vape with some store bought brand name 12mg liquid in it and can vape that all day with no problems... but when I take one pull of the vape with the ejuice of custom nic strength I immediately get breathing problems.
I obviously have stopped using the juice.. but I was wondering has anyone had this happen before? I was thinking it could be the PG base of the nic solution, or maybe I didn’t mix or let the solution sit long enough?
It’s a real bummer since the juice I was increasing the strength of is no longer sold in 12mg. Think I should try it with a VG based solution and see what happens?
Do you know what the ratio of pg/vg is in the 6mg juice you bought? You may have totally unbalanced the pg/vg giving you more pg than your body can handle. So yes, try it with vg and let us know.

:)

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread