The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New here- can somone help me with increasing Nic of Ejuice?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by DrSnore, Oct 3, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DrSnore

DrSnore Full Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Hello there!
    This is my first post and I need some help calculating the amount of nicotine to add to an ejuice I bought

My favorite flavor is no longer offered in 12mg- highest they sell is 6mg now.

I bought 60ml bottles of the 6mg nic and I want to increase the nicotine content to 12mg.
    I purchased a bottle of 100mg PG nicotine additive to use.
    How much of said nicotine should I add to the 60ml bottles to get *around* 12 mg?
    Also what should I use to add the nic so it is precise?
    Thanks so much, this isn’t something I want to do without consulting more experienced people first.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Y’all could use a juice calculator app. There are many of them (fewer for iPhone)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    60 ml of 12 mg nic has 720 mg of nicotine in the bottle.

you already have 360 mg of nic in the 60 ml of juice. 60 x 6

So you need to add another 320 mg of nic per bottle to get pretty much but not exactly 12 mg. 3.2 mg of 100 mg nic - 320 mg

So add 3.2 ml per bottle of the 100 mg nic and you will have 11.4 mg/ml nic and 63.2 ml of ejuice

Edit: Last line should be add 3.6 ml and you have 63.6 ml of 11.3 mg nic

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. DrSnore

DrSnore Full Member

Oct 3, 2018

I really appreciate this!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,
    6to12.JPG

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

If the bottle is completely full, you will need another container that can hold 65+ ml. (leave some room for shaking)

Cheers
    I
    ETA: PG based 100mg/ml nicotine calculated at 1.16g/ml

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Hawise

Hawise Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    I'll second Izan. 4.1 ml would give you 12 mg/ml, but rounding to 4 ml gets you 11.9 mg/ml, which is probably good enough.

You also asked how to measure it. A syringe (without the needle) would probably be your best bet. Pharmacies, vets and farm supply stores often carry them for measuring children's or small animal's medications. Many online vaping shops also have them. The other alternative is to do it by weight, but I'd only recommend that if you have a very accurate scale. If you do go by weight, 4 ml PG is about 4.15 grams.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Feel free to double check you calculations the next few times. We are here to help.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DrSnore

DrSnore Full Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Sorry it took a bit to get back but I appreciate it! Especially the clarification about PG based nicotine 100mg solution being 1.16 g/ml
    I was wondering what to do with the gram measurements since I lack a decent scale.
    Not to mention, now that I can actually use the fundamental knowledge regarding measurements, conversions, fluids, etc that I learned way back in my school years, I can’t remember much of it
    If only my science and math teachers could see me now

• Like Like x 2
  9. DrSnore

DrSnore Full Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Thanks for your reply! I actually don’t have a scale that I would trust enough to handle small amounts of liquid but I am considering investing in one.
    I bought a baby medicine dropper with increments labeled on it at my local pharmacy but I think I’m going to go ahead and get some graduated pippettes or medicine droppers off the internet. The baby dropper I bought is too thick so getting accurate amounts of liquid is hard and way less exact.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I personally wouldn't use "drops" to mix. Different droppers make different size drops, which could throw off any accuracy using volume methods. A graduated syringe would be more accurate if measuring by volume.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. DrSnore

DrSnore Full Member

Oct 3, 2018
    That was the first thing I thought about using going into this. I decided not to because I wasn’t sure how well that it would work with a small liquid amount and I was worried about the PG nic’s fluid consistency and getting it all out of the GC when transferring the fluid.
    But you’re saying a small Graduated cylinder would work just fine? I haven’t done this mix yet and haven’t ordered the pippettes so if you think that’s the way to go I may pick one up!

*edit; after re-reading this I realized how dumb it sounded... of course a graduated cylinder works for measuring liquid! IDK what I was thinking. It’s just daunting to do something for the first time.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Hawise

Hawise Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    I'd go with a graduated oral syringe like this one. I also have a set of plastic graduated cylinders for larger volumes. They work pretty well as long as I can prop them up to give them 10 minutes or so to drain completely (hence the plastic rather than glass - they take a tumble now and then).

For 4 ml, though, I'd definitely prefer the syringe. Oral syringes have good-sized openings and no needle, so they work well with ejuice, which can be too viscous to go through a needle. Some people prefer needles, though, so if you do that you'll need a low gauge needle (the lower the gauge, the wider the needle).

13. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The 1 ml tuberculin plastic syringes...you'll need to get several. The markings tend to disappear once they touch e-liquid. The syringe is graduated in 0.1 ml. They're cheap...less than a dollar a piece. 1 cc syringe

[​IMG]

Or you could get a pyrex glass 1 ml syringe if you can find one. I found a pair for $30 on Amazon. The markings on the glass syringes are permanent.

[​IMG]