New here! Can't figure out these cartomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustypioneer

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
Southern California
Hello I'm the new guy.

I started with a cheapo xhale02 thingy from 7-11, I was impressed on how well it worked until the atty stopped working and burned my throat.

So with very little research(before I discovered this forum) I end up with this njoy Pro with the cartomizers. I loved the cartomizers until I realized I was going through 2-3 a day which is WAY more expensive for me than smoking analogs!

So now I've got a bunch of blank cartomizers and liquid and have been filling them just like how I've seen in the videos but for some reason I'm getting really bad results. Occasionally I'll get some really great vapes, but now I am not getting hardly any flavor and the throat hit is a lot harsher than I know it should be. I've tried refilling them and then I tried brand new cartomizers with the same weird results.

Anyone have any additional tips? I'm thinking about just switching to the atomizer with carts, I've seen a lot of people say good things about that.

Thanks!

venkman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
try the "Thermometer shake". drip into the filler until it looks saturated. hold it by the mouthpiece end (make sure the cap with the plug is in the batt end) and kind of flick it vigorously. the top of the filler should look dry after this, and you can add more drops, shake again, add more drops until the top looks wet after shaking (but NOT pooled with liquid).

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
I still have a couple Njoys (actually an Njoy and an Npro...slight difference between the two) with a half dozen or so cartomizers. They're the ones I loan out to friends/family interested in trying e-cigs. They're still working great after several cleanings (and months of use). These have a different style coil inside the cartomizer than the typical Boge/Bauway that has the wire running through the middle. But....they still burn the filler if ran dry. Make sure you're filling the carts enough.

Oh....and with these style cartos make sure you pull out the inner plug. It's not even needed.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Attys are the spare parts you need for success with the e-cig. I would order two instead of one. There is a wee learning curve with attys. You have to keep them wet to keep from burning them up. Most of us started with cartridges (carts), then moved on to the cartomizers (cartos) especially for times the cartridges can't be filled (like while driving). After cartos comes dripping (for better flavor) that you buy an inexpensive drip tip for.

After you decide that vaping will indeed work for you, you'll probably want to upgrade to a unit that has longer-lasting batteries (4-6 hrs) like a Riva or eGo. The Rivas can be bought through liberty-flights.com for 34.95, then you use a coupon code to get 20 percent off that with a total of about $30 for a really nice unit. But that's your choice.

Don't rush yourself on the learning experience, it's a fun and rewarding journey. Good luck to you and welcome to ECF, Southern California neighbor.

Brego

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2010
Where the corn grows tall
Hello I'm the new guy.

I started with a cheapo xhale02 thingy from 7-11, I was impressed on how well it worked until the atty stopped working and burned my throat.

So with very little research(before I discovered this forum) I end up with this Njoy Pro with the cartomizers. I loved the cartomizers until I realized I was going through 2-3 a day which is WAY more expensive for me than smoking analogs!

So now I've got a bunch of blank cartomizers and liquid and have been filling them just like how I've seen in the videos but for some reason I'm getting really bad results. Occasionally I'll get some really great vapes, but now I am not getting hardly any flavor and the throat hit is a lot harsher than I know it should be. I've tried refilling them and then I tried brand new cartomizers with the same weird results.

Anyone have any additional tips? I'm thinking about just switching to the atomizer with carts, I've seen a lot of people say good things about that.

Thanks!

IMHO not all ecig brands are of the same quality. The two you mentioned are really second tier, not top tier. Many of the problems you are experiencing will go away if you switched to Joye or Janty or another top tier brand.

Just sayin...

dustypioneer

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
Southern California
Awesome thanks for the replies. I just received some new cartos with my atty and am vaping happily. I endend up with some different cartos that are working way better problem free now!

I'll agree that this isn't the best PV on the market but I am very happy with the vapor and I carry 2 batteries with me at all times and have an extra charged up at home. I did decide I'm going to treat myself to an Ego for Christmas to step up the game though =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread