New here, just saying hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamawolf

Sep 29, 2011
North Carolina
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm hoping to get a little support to help me make the full transition to only vaping. I'm down to roughly 6 tobacco cigs a day, but can't seem to come down from there for some odd reason. I guess because I still have a smoker in the house and the temptation is pretty rough. I am quite proud of myself at this point though because in about a week I went from having smoked well over a pack a day for 16 years to 1/2 a pack, and now down to no more than 6 per day. Any help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
What ecig are you using & w/ what atomizer or cartomizer and what juice (strength and PG/VG)? And what do you feel you are missing that real cigs give you? There are ways to get more throat hit, more heat, more nicotine, more convenience, better ways to vape (like cartos vs carts), find better flavors. Sometimes a different model is needed and sometimes not.

Last edited:

SpiderMo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Georgia
WELCOME and here you will find plenty of support and advice to help. When I started vaping I put down the smokes for good but still even with vaping was tuff for a couple of weeks but everytime I wanted to smoke I vaped and Vaped and Vaped some more till the cravings went and now no problems but just LOVE VAPING, Good Luck and KEEP ON VAPING!!!

mamawolf

Sep 29, 2011
North Carolina
Thanks everybody! The support is already starting...wow. I use an ego with an atty/drip tip set up. 24mg caramel tobacco w/ a splash of caramel apple from time to time for a little sweetness. So far that seems to be what has helped me the best. When I first switched to the ego from a smoke 51 I was too eager for the really sweet flavors like strawberry, and I started a little low on the nicotine strength and found myself craving tobacco more until I ended up undoing the progress I had made. (was going through lung repair mode, but started back with tobacco and reversed it.) At that time was also on a carto, but I like the strong throat hit of the setup I have now. My supplier is also working with me to help me get off the tobacco for good.

mamawolf

Sep 29, 2011
North Carolina
Try not to pressure yourself too much - takes all the fun out of it. From what you were smoking to 6/day is AWESOME. From my perspective what worked was to NOT worry about quitting. I just don't really wanna smoke now bc the juice tastes better.

I'm trying not to worry about it too much, and they're starting to taste bad. I like the fact that I have flavor choices now, just have to have tobacco flavor undertones at the moment so I don't crave so much.

Last edited:

mamawolf

Sep 29, 2011
North Carolina
for me, being a pack a day solid. I just stuck with it. the more my body wanted a regular cig,I took a few extra pulls off my pv.... Worked great for me. havent had an analog in 70 days now. cold turkey.

I LOVE VAPING!

wow that's great! I'm also getting questioned from family members when I'm gonna quit all together.....vaping too. I didn't start vaping to quit everything. I'm already hooked on the nicotine, and wanted a healthier alternative.

Sec

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Oh Canada
Congrats on what you've done so far Mamawolf. I'm new here also and have found the ppl here very supportive in everyway possible. I quit cold turkey for the 1st time in my life 10 days ago. Thats after 20yrs of smoking. I haven't had to use my asthma inhaler in 3 days now. So I'm already seeing some of the benefits of vaping. Plus I don't smell like cigs anymore which pleases my wife. You can do it! And you will do it when your ready.

coffm0

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2010
Texas
Welcome all and congrats. I have been a vap a holic for about 10 months. All sorts of support here. My 2 cents worth, (well actually the support member that got me off analogs for goods) is get you some 36mg nic, and when you have a cig craving drop about 3-4 drops in and vape, For me that quickly helped, as matter of fact I still use it from time to time. Throat hit is greatly increase, I vape a heavier VG because to me the volume is more like smoking, which combined with the high nic is perfect. IMO

I started on a penstyle and quit smoking on an EGO, atty, cartomizer. Quickly moved to dripping which I did until I got a bottomfeeding mod. If your situation allows I HIGHLY reccomend getting a bottomfeeder, less messy. Sorry for the long post just trying to help in some way.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Hi Mamawolf, my wife and i both went to a cheap cig look a like and the batteries did not last long at all and it was a hassle and then quickly ordered to an ego device . We both stopped smoking cigs afterwards about a weeks time !
Keep at it and if there is another smoker in house kindly suggest to them or let them try yours perhaps they may also start a similar process.
I smoked 2 packs a day for close to 40 years and not had one since May 2011 and have no urges except to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread