New here just wanted to say hi and thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
Hi guys!
Im a guy in my early 30's from Norway who's been smoking for aprox 15 or so years.
Been lurking around on here for a few days now..reading for god knows how many hours.
Reading how you guys get off the analogs seemingly without much effort is a huge motivation boost.
I believe i have heard about these e-cigs in the past,but it first got my attention when i watched Johnny Depp vaping one in "the tourist" a few weeks back.
Then last week i was just bore-browsing on "dealextreme" when one of these "cigarett like"e-cig kits came up in the top seller category.Read a few reviews there and thought wow! i really got to get me one of these kits! Now at this point i started getting really excited,but without much reasearch other than watching a few youtube clips on the e-health cigs on offer,i went ahead and ordered the kit from dx along with some accesories.
Now that would probably be it if it wasn't for the fact that it can take up to a month to have a package sent from dx to Norway.
After a bit more reading i found out I could face problems with customs with nic coming from China,and that i should order from the UK as its allowed to import from there for personal use.

Read around some more,watched some more youtube videos,and ended up ordering the 510 complete kit from gecigarette.
After all, I want something that looks like a real cigarette right?!
Well,ordered that,some attys,some blank carts,some flavours,another manual battery.
Yeah and offcourse the flavours had to taste mostly like the smokes I'm already using right?!
I made that order on the 15th,registered on ecf,and went to bed so excited about all of this,and how it was going to change my life for the better.
Usually I fall asleep before I close my eyes,now I just couldn't stop thinking about this great invention. Full of hope I eventualy fell asleep,probably dreaming about vaping.
The next day I read some more,watched some more videos,and came to the conclusion I would probably need something that would get me through the whole day at work on one battery..
Figured out smoke flavours wouldn't really cut it,so ordered a load of 5mg flavours,high or extra high..hoping it won't be to high.
I roll my own cigs and have pretty much done it since i started cause of the cost here,they last longer and doesn't give me that much of a dry throat.
Anyways,hoping the 24mg will do it for me,have a few 18mg in the mix too just in case..
Made this order from liberty flights,came to the conclusion the Riva 510 would be good, so ordered that with some more attys,and some more carts..
Went to bed with the same excitement and trouble sleeping as the previous night,thinking now I finally have all i need and will last me a good amount of days.
Well I like shopping online! lol.. Read how some people fancy the cartomizers..realizing i didnt have one of those in my kits..also i could probably need a couple drip tips..new order..
Came across paradise vape uk...oh my free shipping! :blink: Never been a fan of red bull..who knows could be great vaping it! check. Cola? good reviews.. yeah sure..check, some more liquids..syringe would be neat..and the blue foam..carrying case...ALMOST embarrased how carried away i get..and i haven't even recieved anything yet! lol
It will still be cheaper than the $300 a month i spend now on cigs..Once i get off the shoppingspree...Only spent exactly £247.92..(I keep an excel sheet)...Thats not including the dealextreme kits i ordered wich i doubt i will ever try..

Got a cousin,and my mother really into this idea,saying i need to order for them too.
I will wait and let them try mine first..then they can choose wich type they want.

I'm yet to try an e-cig..But it just sound so awsome to me,the idea of pretty much smoking like a real cigarette without the 4000+ things that aren't good for you..All the positives i have with a cig,without the sideeffects.. it will be grand!
Stopped smoking for 6 months a couple of years back,but i kept missing the cig..maybe not the nic as much as just the smoke and having something between my fingers.. Oh and the fishingtrips without a cig...could of just stayed at home...lol..so I will try cutting down on the nic with time..just trial and error i guess.

Now i regret ordering just 3 of those cartos...think i need to head to liberty flights again..btw..a passthrough sounds awsome..oh oh and the pcc! for my genesis 510!...hmm probably should get some regular sized cartos aswell...

Don't know who bothers reading all of this..but it was good getting it off my chest! :)
Sorry for the long post! I intially just wanted to say hi! and thanks to all you wonderful people on here!

I'll post some updates to my vaping experience once my stuff gets here!
Cheers!

nunya

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
ATL
I'm also new. Been smoke free for 22 days. A bit concerned because I feel like my ecig is a pacifier right now! I wasn't a heavy smoker, about a pack and a half a week. I started smoking again about six months ago after being only a social smoker for about 20 years. (Who starts smoking in their mid 40s? Stupid move.) Anyway, a coworker got me vaping after about a week on nicotine lozenges that really weren't cutting it for me. The lozenges took the edge off, but I missed the ritual of puffing. I love vaping and have gotten three smoking friends to buy starter kits! Where do I collect my commission? : )

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
Thanks Beans :) I'm sure there will be some hiccups along the way that i'll need help with.

Hehe nunya, i'm sure i will have a few people on the pv within the next few weeks. My mom and a cousin are excited about it and want me to order for them. I'll let them try out mine first though,and let them pick their choice.
I'll be happy to just have someone to vape with,and share my experience with.

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
I haven't recieved my gear yet,should be here by the end of the week hopefully.
I believe(hope) i should be able to put the analogs away and never use them again..unless my govt. makes it toatally impossible for me to get my hands on nic juice.
I'm as motivated as i possibly can be..pretty much the same way i felt when i quit for 6 months without any nicotine aids..what i missed back then was the puffing in social settings..Think i would of still be off them if i would never be around smokers while drinking etc...
I have a feeling i will constantly vape and try out all the juices i've ordered all in once..once im over the wow factor i guess i will vape as much as i smoke now or more..Now i smoke about 20 a day

arbogast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Norway
Anyways,hoping the 24mg will do it for me,have a few 18mg in the mix too just in case..

Like you, I was handrolling - smoked approx 30-40 cigarettes/day. Naturally I ordered high(24mg) & extra high(36mg) juices but found them far too strong for chain vaping (palpitations, constricted chest, headaches, shortness of breath). Luckily I'd ordered some VG & PG to thin them out. Now I'm at 10mg strength and its still a bit too strong.
On the other hand I've seen lots of post from people who smoked less analogues than I did, now happily chain vaping high strenght juices all day with no problems.

Oh and GOOD to see more norwegians here. I'm sure you'll love this forum. I do already.

Last edited:

alanselo

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
Welcome Frankster. It has seemed effortless to stop the smoking hook. I have been smoking a pack a day since I was 14 years old, now 59. Whenever I thought about quitting I would get all tense and smoke even more. I started e cigs a week ago and have smoked less than a pack of regular smokes since that time and haven't stressed about it at all, now there hope for me.

As soon as I find what will work for me I have no doubt I will quit for good and that my friend is an accomplishment indeed. I wish you all the success in the world.

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
Thank you for sharing arbogast. Would you recommend i just order some pg then just in case? Don't want to wait for my gear,just to wait another week to get some juice that won't kill me..lol
Guess i would need PG and VG for when i decide to get a DIY kit anyways :)

Very good to be here! This forum has answered all of the questions i have so far just by doing a simple search.
Hopefully more Norwegians will pass up their tobacco for this..and hopefully it won't be "cool" for none-smokers to start using this..

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
Alanselo: Thats great after smoking for 45 years! Well done!
I haven't been motivated to quit smoking since i stopped smoking for 6 months a couple of years ago..So i think this
will be the perfect device for me. I don't see it as swapping one addiction for another,i see it as either smoking analogs and eventually die cause of it..or switch to pv..and be alot healthier..
It will be great to get rid of the smell,ashtray and the coughing...Not to mention i shop alot more at the grocerystore whenever i'm only supposed to buy tobacco...

Have you guys turned friends/family into using PV?

arbogast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Norway
Thank you for sharing arbogast. Would you recommend i just order some pg then just in case? Don't want to wait for my gear,just to wait another week to get some juice that won't kill me..lol
Yes, I think you should get some PG - & you might as well get a bottle of VG while you're at it.

nettraxx

Oct 18, 2011
Germany

Very good to be here! This forum has answered all of the questions i have so far just by doing a simple search.
Hopefully more Norwegians will pass up their tobacco for this..and hopefully it won't be "cool" for none-smokers to start using this..

google inawera and you find a polish webside, good prices for all bases and flavours

Last edited:

diaboliko

Moved On
Nov 24, 2010
italy
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: spamming

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
An update :

Got my riva 510,some smok tech mega duals 1.5 ohms,some juices etc on Friday and couldn't be happier!
Haven't had an analog since before i picked up the parcel, wich makes me smokefree for 2 days and 12 hours lol
I don't vape as often as i would of smoked analogs as my throat get so dry after a few hits. I try to drink alot of water,but thats sometimes hard when im out working.
But it does the trick,and i don't want an analog bad enough to go have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread