New here, need advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
The smoketip is a kr808 battery, it is a good unit I have one they replace defective batteries for life....you can get prefilled kr808 cartomizers from a variety of sources or you can refill the smoketip ones you have. It is cheaper to buy blank kr808 cartomizers and fill them with the juice of your choice and honestly it taste better as your not getting the old flavor mixed in with the new

....that being said smoketip menthol is still one of my favorite menthol vapes for some reason, I think it is just a Chinese menthol but I have always liked it, its fresh and a bit more mint than menthol but it does it for me. I found the standard tobacco flavor to be so bad that it actually turned me off from tobacco flavors for awhile.

Enjoy your unit, the kr808 is one of the better ones for its size and probably the best automatic unit out there. Order some juice and some blank cartomizers and it will be much cheaper in the long run.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The full model name is Kr808D-1

Here is one chart of places that sell cartos for it.
KR808D-1 Cartomizer Reference Table « VapeWithPuff

For the litecig site listed use this address Electronic Cigarette Supplies & Electronic Cigarette Refills for Name-Brand Electronic Cigarettes! E-Cigs from LiteCigUSA

For refillable cartos you want ones with soft-caps on the mouth end. Ones with hardcaps are harder to open for refilling and some brands glue the hardcaps. There are various ways to refill some cartos and some cartos require a blunt or flexible syringe to fill them. I'm not real familiar with cartos but I haven't refilled one yet. I have a Vapor4Life (KR808d-1 like what you have) just to try cartos. I know the lifepan of a carto, even with periodic cleaning, is shorter than the lifespan of a separate atty on 3-piece e-cigarettes, and the blank cartos can be 1/5 the price of an atty.

Redneck500

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Hi, have you tried direct dripping? I actually stumbled on this by accident. I couldn't get those stupid carts to work because I was pulling and pulling, and i couldnt get that throat hit I was so longing for. So I just put a few drips on little ball in the attomizer, and smoke that way. I thought that was bad, but come to find out it's what a ton of people do and they call it "direct dripping" Plus, you don't have to worry about using a cart or anything. I guess the only down side to it is that you can't really do it while you are driving, but what the heck, rite? :) Vape on!

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/electronic-cigarette-reviews/140513-smoketip-review.html Found this review of the smoketip here on the forums. Check it out.

Welcome to ECF. Good luck....ask about anything you need help with. There are lots of good people here.

i've been using my smoketip non-stop for this past week since i wrote that review and i haven't had a single problem with it.

i may upgrade to something like lecig's pig cig eventually but knowing that i can always get free batteries thanks to smoketip's warranty is a huge load off my mind.

i think finding a good dependable supplier is the first battle we all face and the op started off on the right foot from day 1.

leotiny

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Orlando
Thanks for your input!
Can you refill your old cartomizers or you have t get new ones?
And where do you get them from?

You certainly can, just make sure you get the ones with the soft tip. Most vendors seem to sell them. I like to buy from vendors that are the closest to me, that way i get i get my stuff faster

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread