New here, Vaping NOOB= questions about Apollo elips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorddeff07

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
St Kitts & Nevis
Hi!! David here,
I'm just on the verge of hitting confirm at the checkout of my first ever e-cig. And after two weeks of deliberation I have narrowed it down to the Apollo brand and their Elips series of vapers to be exact. Now I am aware that a lot of people will tell me you can't "grow" with the apollo elips since its a mostly proprietary platform and I should probably go with the eGo with all it 510 glory but there are a number of reasons I have settled for this brand. So a brief explanation before my questions.

Most important to me is size, as most will know, the form factor of a vaper is very important to a first time e-cig user. In my case, while I can't see the point in buying something that is designed to look like an analog, I also just don't like the idea of having something that is 4.3"+ long (apollo standard kit) and even worse something that is 5.2"+long(apollo eGo). That is simply why I am going with the Apollo elips, cause its only 4" long. And I really don't mind the battery, if on a full charge I can get 250 pulls from a full cartomizer, I really have no problem with that at all as i never actually smoke more than 4 analogs at any one time.

I'm (and hopefully soon to be was) a pack every 30hrs kinda smoker.

My question though are this, I am yet to see any really good detailed review of the apollo elips. Especially one that shows how the newer models of the elips are refilled or talks in depth about overall build quality (there is one on youtube, but it doesnt count now cause that is base on the initial apolo elips design not what you get now if you actually buy it). Nor can I find anywhere that has decent pictures of the vaper. So i am hoping someone that has the Apollo elips sees this and helps me out.

From what I gather the newer elips use a cartomizer tank(?) as opposed to a separate tank they used before cause of leak issues, can anyone with an elips or at least some knowledge of this shed some light on this for me? Does this mean that I have to start replacing cartomizers for the elips too? Or is it just a different kinda tank design.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lorddeff07

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
St Kitts & Nevis
E-Gos don't look like cigarettes.

My recommendation (for what it's worth); go with an eGo-C Twist, and either cartos, or ViVi Nova tanks. Research it, of course--don't take my word for it.

Thanks, but if you follow what I was saying; I have already been doing a fair amount of research. I have also gone through like 4 different brands and various form factors before I settled for the Apollo elips. And yes, I know eGos don't look like cigarettes and I think they are too long which was my biggest concern with them.

I'm also trying to stay away from the cartos with the whole wool mesh thingy cause as i gather those things are near impossible to clean and i would have to keep buying refillable cartomizer replacements, not a real problem but I am in a place that going that route will mean me having to import. Lots of hassle, thus why I am trying to go with something that will require minimum maintenance and could easily be refilled. Which brings me again to the Apollo elips... best of both worlds apparently.

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I had an elips and my experience with it. The tank was easy to fill, and it was easy to use. The size is the same length as a reg ego by the time you get it all together but the elips is wider. The oval shape was very awkward on my lips and because there is no mouthpiece per say it was kind of hard so it was uncomfortable. It is a nice looking ecig and because it is flatter it slips into a pocket better than a reg ego. I think if you think you will be happier with it than a reg ego go ahead and go for it.

Lorddeff07

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
St Kitts & Nevis
I had an elips and my experience with it. The tank was easy to fill, and it was easy to use. The size is the same length as a reg ego by the time you get it all together but the elips is wider. The oval shape was very awkward on my lips and because there is no mouthpiece per say it was kind of hard so it was uncomfortable. It is a nice looking ecig and because it is flatter it slips into a pocket better than a reg ego. I think if you think you will be happier with it than a reg ego go ahead and go for it.

Thanks so much. what kinda re-filler did you have. cause i understan that when the elips was first made it was made with a plastic tank in the "mouthpiece" and after some user feedback that was changed to a "refillable cartomizer that is top filling (i think) I would love to know what type you had.

I ask cause I want to know if there are any teething issues with this new build. I have also thought about the oval shape but i figure its one of those things that I could get used to. I don't know what you mean by regular eGo though, cause the apollo branded eGo is a whole 1.26" longer than an elips. Which i think puts it outta comfortably pocketable range which is something that is also very importnat for me.

Were there any nibbling issues you had with the vaper in general? Like awkward charging, peculiar flaws in design...etc. I'm sorry, i have to pretty much make up a review of this device as there really is no proper review of it and the one review I saw on youtube was grossly unsatisfying. The guy basically just talked about what his personal issue was with the device and not actually talk up the strengths or weaknesses or user experience of the device. He may have as well just come out and say "if you aren't getting a 510 compatible vaper, then there is nothing else worth buying" lol.

brhollifield

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Hampton Roads Virginia
For what it's worth... I did a lot of research too and ended up with an eGo, a week later an eGo T, a week later a Zmax and am already looking at the VAMO... Here's the thing, if you have done the research and think that's the one for you, pull the trigger... Not everyone's tastes in style or juice are the same... Get what works for you and get off the stinkies !

Lorddeff07

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
St Kitts & Nevis
For what it's worth... I did a lot of research too and ended up with an eGo, a week later an eGo T, a week later a Zmax and am already looking at the VAMO... Here's the thing, if you have done the research and think that's the one for you, pull the trigger... Not everyone's tastes in style or juice are the same... Get what works for you and get off the stinkies !

Lol, I'm actually very open minded about all this. As it stands now i am adjusting my cart and adding the apollo superior eGo ce4 thats compatible with 510 add ons and stuff.

There has to be a reason why everyone seems to say I should go with an eGo.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I like the Elips-C for stealth vaping. The form factor is nice and it performs well for what it is. I'm also a big fan of Apollo's customer service and warranty. That said, if you vape a lot then Apollo's Elips might not be the best choice, simply because you'll be charging several times a day. You certainly get more battery life than cig-alike products, but you won't have the versatility and battery life of bigger e-cigs. I really like Apollo's eGo VV if you're going to stick with the company.

Lorddeff07

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
St Kitts & Nevis
I like the Elips-C for stealth vaping. The form factor is nice and it performs well for what it is. I'm also a big fan of Apollo's customer service and warranty. That said, if you vape a lot then Apollo's Elips might not be the best choice, simply because you'll be charging several times a day. You certainly get more battery life than cig-alike products, but you won't have the versatility and battery life of bigger e-cigs. I really like Apollo's eGo VV if you're going to stick with the company.

I've actually decided to switch from the elips to the eGo.

Pending on the kinda day i am usually a 10-15 analog smoker per day. So I figured i could have done ok with the elips. But I am seeing the wisdom in the flexibility that the eGo offers. Doesn't hurt that its actually cheaper than the elips

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I did have the top filling one and it was easy to fill. I didn't want to sway you too much because if you had your heart set on an elips and ordered an EGO you would not have been happy with the EGO. The most important thing for your first set up is to get what you feel you want. But now that you have made your decision I think the EGO is a better choice.
Welcome to the world of vaping :)

Lorddeff07

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
St Kitts & Nevis
I did have the top filling one and it was easy to fill. I didn't want to sway you too much because if you had your heart set on an elips and ordered an EGO you would not have been happy with the EGO. The most important thing for your first set up is to get what you feel you want. But now that you have made your decision I think the EGO is a better choice.
Welcome to the world of vaping :)

thanks, the apollo customer service chat guy was actually what finally did it for me. He cleared up my concerns with the elips and i found out that now they use cartomizers for them which basically only should be refilled 6-10 times. thats a no no for me so the eGo became a no brainer.

to sweeten the deal, they agreed to give me two different colors of batteries of my choosing in the eGo kit too. damn those guys are awesome. Almost makes me want to just give them my money and not collect anything from them.............

almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread