New Hybrid design, need some opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

slickcdb2000

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2011
Winnsboro, LA USA
I have started work on my first prototype hybrid. I'm a pipe fabricator/welder by trade and have a few tricks up my sleeve that I haven't seen attempted yet. Since I think it's a brand new design, it has some brand new issues! It's only going to have one visible threaded connection..... got to put the battery in there somewhere!!! It's going to be made out of thick ss. Hopefully no O-rings. All brass battery contact points. The design I have now with only one line includes a tip, again everything will be ss!

I personally like a mod with some heft to it, got a lavatube and evic and NEVER use them!!! Not because they are cheaply made, I just don't like the lightweight of them!

The more I use 18350, the more I like them! I like having a short heavyweight mod!

I know pipe very well, not so much electronics. Does the size of the brass contact points make a difference in performance?

Now I need some opinions for possibly future mods.... maybe even sell a few!

Do you like 18650 or 18350

Do you like a built in tip or a hole for your own tip

Would you take an extra step to change your battery

What is something REALISTIC that you would want to see in a future mod

Thanks for your help, maybe I can get this thing built!!!! If it works out like I hope it will it will be nothing less than stunning and innovative!!!

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
In place where people are full of opinions, actually ask for opinions and cant get Em! Lol :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Probably due to the lack of design details and the somewhat fishing feel of the post.

Generally modders don't mind helping other modders....but I don't know anybody that likes seeing someone make money with their ideas.

slickcdb2000

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2011
Winnsboro, LA USA
Wow... Wasn't expecting that! I reread my post and I think it did come out a little "fishing"

I did not mean it to come out that way at all!!!

I really mostly wanted to know what people like, ie battery size and built in drip tip. Probably the wrong place to put a thread like this. General discussion would be a better place to get opinions from the general public.

More thought I give to it though my original idea has almost changed completely! And the more I keep thinking on it the more I keep changing! My original plan was using a genisis style rba, now that has changed to. I have a complete different rba in my head now, something that hasn't been done yet! Welding is kinda out of the scope now as well! So stay tuned, good ideas keep rolling out of my head!!!!

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
I like none of the round cells. If you're gonna build a mod, do it right with a high-quality, high-discharge flat LiPo. Put a USB charge port on it too, so you can easily do that without fiddling with taking the mod apart several times a day. Also I absolutely despise built-in tips and like my mods light and compact - pocket friendly...

just my $0.02

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
How about some form of quarter turn access to replace the battery if you do use round cells. I hate turning a mods end cap a dozen time just to replace a battery.
You could also add a replaceable vanity sleeve for the outside. Don't want to vape a SS mod today? Just slip on a carbon fibre sleeve...

Oh, almost forgot, gotta have GPS and Bluetooth connectivity to an app on my smart phone. If I leave the mod somewhere, the GPS will let me know where. If the mod is running low on juice, the app will email an order to my juice supplier. :lol:

Last edited:

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
Do you like 18650 or 18350? - I like both for different reasons. I like how the VAMO lets one use either. I don't like how long the VAMO is, even with only one 18350.

Do you like a built in tip or a hole for your own tip? - My own tip, hands down. I hate almost all built-ins.

Would you take an extra step to change your battery? - As long as it's not evil...

What is something REALISTIC that you would want to see in a future mod? - Nice try. A list of features, all of which make me happy. ;)

Of course, I'm not happy with any of the APVs that I have seen. I'm going to end up machining my own enclosure, and building my own. Most likely using a DNA20D.

I would suspect that many in this sub forum don't just settle for what's available, and are harder to please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread