New Indoor Bans - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_E_Calm7

Jun 23, 2010
FL
why would you join the dark side?!?!?
we are all on the same side
you seem to be a very passionate man, maybe your passions could best be re-directed to where you can make a difference

this thread can help

Thank you! I needed to read that. Believe it or not I already have done ALOT of those steps, especially the last one. I'm still angry because I feel like by certain groups trying to ban e-cigs its like they are saying to us "We know your addicted to nicotine, and we hate you. Just go back to death sticks and die." If someone told you that, wouldnt you be ......? Well I feel they are sayng EXACTLY that to us!
:danger:

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
Just wondering, has anyone ever seen a public sign that stated "vapping is allowed here"?

E-cigs and their concept is still so new here in the states that the majority of people don't even know about them or how they even work. That's why it is up to us, the users of e-cigs to educate the general public on what e-cigs really are and how they really work. If we don't, then all the misinformation, disinformation and outright lies spread by all the anti-smoking/nicotine groups will be the only information that the general public will ever know.

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
That is very true, I had a person at work when I was outside told me not to blow the smoke(vapor) near her. And she could not understand how if I'm getting nicotine how the second hand vapor could not be harmful to others.

The majority of the nicotine that would be in a puff of inhaled vapor is absorbed by the user and the minute amount that might be exhaled would be almost instantly dispersed by the air around you. She would get more nicotine from eating a tomato or potatoe than she would get from exhaled vapor in all likelyhood.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Print out these two documents to give to her, and let her know that you don't want her to worry about being in danger:

Ecigarette mist harmless, inhaled or exhaled
http://www.casaa.org/files/Virgiania Commonwealth University Study.pdf

You might want to take a yellow highlighter to draw her attention to this sentence in the abstract (page 1) of the VCU study.

Conclusions: Under these acute testing conditions, neither of the electronic cigarettes exposed users to
measurable levels of nicotine or CO, although both suppressed nicotine/tobacco abstinence symptom ratings.

So these are two differenct sources, both respected researchers, on two different continents, who state that nicotine in exhaled vapor is almost undetectable.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Thank you for the info. I will print the information and make some extra to keep on hand. Be nice if there were some cards with this info on them that could be more easy to hand out, maybe there is I just haven't seen any. But I am still new.

Your wish is our command. CASAA business card can be ordered from here. ProductCart shopping cart software - CASAA

The back side of the card contains a list of e-cigarette benefits. The front side contains the CASAA logo and mission statement.

There is also a PDF file that you can download for free and print on Tri-fold brochure paper:
http://www.casaa.org/files/CASAA-Ecig-TriFold-Brochure.pdf

As well as an infograph aimed at doctors. There is an FAQ on the back side of this document:
http://www.casaa.org/files/CASAA Medical infograph(4).pdf

Last edited:

Andtyler2

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
I may not be the best person to make calls because I actually laughed.

Scavo: The Chinese put antifreeze in those thing to cut corners. I'll bet you didn't know that!

Me: hahahahaha

I'm making my way through this thread way after-the-fact, I'm afraid. (Lots going on, lots to catch up on, and very little free time in front of a computer) But your comment made me laugh out loud--which almost never happens when I'm checking out the latest political doings on the forum. Thanks for the chuckle. I sooooooo needed it.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Did you watch the testimony given by the Axis of Evil in New York? The Cancer Society lady said that their quit line is getting many calls asking about e-cigarettes and that they tell the callers to stick with the approved treatments for smoking cessation.

These groups did not mention a word about being told by callers that the FDA products don't work and that e-cigarettes did work for them (the callers). I am thinking, please don't waste your time. The leadership of these groups are devious and will only turn your calls into propaganda for their own ends. Spend your time writing Letters to the Editor every time you see an article about smoking, tobacco, high health costs, or any other topic where we can slip in mention of how well e-cigarettes work as a substitute for smoking.

I bolded "substitute" for a reason. Let's avoid painting e-cigarettes as a "smoking cessation" product because too many people believe that "nicoitne cesstion" is a requirement. Instead, let's position the product (as NJOY is doing in the court case against the FDA) as an alternative that is less harmful than inhaling smoke.

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
Didn't a Federal judge rule that the FDA over-stepped their limits on e-cigs? If so, does that mean it went to the Supreme Court?
Why is the ban-thing still an ongoing issue? I totally don't get this.

Also, if it's about safety does the science not support the basic safety or who is fighting who over what? I mean are these recent proceedings appeals or new issues that started by ______ against NJoy? Who or what is SE and what is the plaintiff wanting in this one? Bans? "Damages"? Doesn't compute to me. Hoping some details might help?

Excuse my ignorance but I just learned about this on another forum but the specifics on how and why it started weren't addressed by the OP....or the acronyms. :blush: (A few threads are just waaaay too long to read every post to hope to maybe find a post that has enough of these details to get the gist of this)

TY, very much, IA

@MoonRose - I was reading that nic is absorbed by the mouth and the exhale is only the water vapor. Do we not have any verification on this?????? Either way, agreed, it's not enough to harm anyone. The harm is in the actual tobacco burning toxic chemicals into the air that doesn't exist in e-cigs. :)

Heatherport

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Newport, RI, USA
www.cloud9smoking.com
Your wish is our command. CASAA business card can be ordered from here. ProductCart shopping cart software - CASAA

The back side of the card contains a list of e-cigarette benefits. The front side contains the CASAA logo and mission statement.

There is also a PDF file that you can download for free and print on Tri-fold brochure paper:
http://www.casaa.org/files/CASAA-Ecig-TriFold-Brochure.pdf

As well as an infograph aimed at doctors. There is an FAQ on the back side of this document:
http://www.casaa.org/files/CASAA Medical infograph(4).pdf

I am glad I am seeing this as this is something I have been specifically looking for...thank you!!

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
Vocalek said:
These groups did not mention a word about being told by callers that the FDA products don't work and that e-cigarettes did work for them (the callers).

The Nicotrol inhalor only passed through the FDA because it was never tested!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried that thing and it was more and disgusting kind of severe harsh than any # of analogs I'd ever smoked. If the FDA wanted to help, they'd go after those that have to have chemicals that are the same or worse than any analog, including cigars. I felt like it was ripping out everything except perhaps, the nail polish from my pedicure. ----- I stopped at the second one, ill beyond belief. That's just - and the worst - approved (?) product that the public doesn't approve of, if they've tried it or spent any time with someone who has tried it. To this day, the FDA has not called for full disclosure on what is in those, even though they clearly contain something or many things that make so many people sick.

Someone also mentioned this has nothing to do helping anyone or being fair or listening to facts but is all about $, in that oncology could become obsolete costing billions or more in lost jobs, equipment and effect tuition for med schools. I find that absurd reasoning only because of so many people still smoking that are headed into needing oncology and a shortage of doctors anyway because they end up un-free to practice medicine the way they would and/or can because of rules limiting what they are capable of doing. It's actually caused many people to opt out of choosing medicine - not e-cigs.

The day the FDA investigates the Nicotrol thing before giving it a full stamp of approval might never happen but, would be the best possible news to restore public trust amongst of all smokers, ex-smokers, vapers as well as all doctors and would be doctors.

It makes me sick just thinking about it. I don't think the media helps by ignoring or slanting the reality of the public experience but colludes with mistakes these otherwise respected orgs have made at the expense of everyone so these radical groups can keep deceiving the public with a lot of misinformation. Not many people, imo, are going to go out of their way to learn about e-cigs unless, heaven forbid, they, themselves or someone close to them becomes ill as a result of the FDA basing some recommendations on a flawed argument that the pharma and medical system can't financially sustain the scientific truth.

Without the option of discussing e-cig as an optional way to reduce nic, it's the pharmas that are trampling on some vaper's 1st amendment rights by not willingly informing the public of what is in the Nicotrol things and no one else in a position to do anything, putting all that on smokers, vapers and ex-smokers. The only reason (possibly - I'm not a chemist) no one has died from using Nicotrol is because no one can tolerate what's in them, unlike e-cigs.

In CA, it's still illegal for any doctor to support e-cigs. They HAVE to only discuss what the FDA approves and encourage, even non-vapers to not vape and vapers to stop vaping because it's approved only as a recreational tobacco product vs a medicine.

I just don't get how something like the Nicotrol slipped through the cracks and got approved as a medicine without ever being tested. I would think the orgs you mentioned would be concerned to know.

Just totally boggles the mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread