The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New info on the upcoming Innokin MVP 3.0!!!

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Garemlin, Oct 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Garemlin

Garemlin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    In the Mist
    We knew it was inevitable. There is no way they would not follow up such a successful device. And up their game in the process.

Looks like Evolv is going to be working overtime supplying boards to Innokin, Vaporshark and other manufacturers that use their boards. Hope they can keep up with the demand.

2. VapieDan

VapieDan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

It appears Innokin has abandoned the internal battery moving the device into a different class. If so the Istick by Eleaf will absorb the MVP2 market. A sad day.

3. Alto101

Alto101 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2012
    North Carolina
    I see nothing stating this, all I see is that the battery will be larger capacity. Where are you reading this?

4. Capt.shay

Capt.shay Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    Will some one just SCREAM at the techs. about that damned 510/ego connector. FIX IT !!!

"The MVP3.0 will have a larger battery capacity than the MVP2.0."

More battery life? For what? Give me a smaller form factor and keep the 26000. Very, very few people ever vape that much in a day.

Edit- Innokin needs to stop farting around on Reddit and come to the real number one vaping site! They are just to cheap to pay the meager vendors fee. Sometimes I really wonder about Innokin and their decisions.

5. VapieDan

VapieDan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

It appears we are in the wrong group but the Istick slightly reduced battery Mah will little reduction in time and reduced overall size. I agree Innokin is going in the wrong direction. The VTR is a great performing mod but it's size hurt sales and is now in it's death throws.

6. Flt Simulation

Flt Simulation Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    I am confused here .... The Innokin box shown below has the Evolv LLC logo and name printed on it.

Innokin is a Chinese manufacturing company and Evolv LLC is a small American electronics company in Ohio that makes the Kick module and other vaping electronics.

I wonder what the tie is between the two?

[​IMG]

7. M4rtin

M4rtin Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    The chip they use!
    The iTaste SVD2.0 is a 20W variable wattage device with an Evolv DNA-Experience chipset with Reverse Polarity protection and Stepdown technology

8. Flt Simulation

Flt Simulation Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    Since Innokin obviously don't want to fix that piss-poor EGO / 510 connector on the MVP 2, I just fixed it myself (of course, I can't attach EGO style clearomizers to it anymore):

With Spring-Loaded / Self-Adjusting Center Pin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. LoveVanilla

LoveVanilla Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Texas

Any chance for you could post some pointers/details/instructions on what you did? I'm handy and have the required tools.

I'm currently using ego-to-510 adapters on two with stripped 510s (floor drops with heavy drippers) but excessive height makes them somewhat clumsy.

Also have one when dead battery pack (if anyone knows of replacement).

10. nyiddle

nyiddle Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Guys.. Did you not actually read the OP? It was CLEARLY mentioned that the new MVP will address connector issues (presumably meaning it'll be spring-loaded).

I'm really excited for this new MVP. I think the larger battery will be helpful if the device is capable of firing up to 30W.

11. Garemlin

Garemlin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    In the Mist
    Dayum I didn't realize the MVP had a 26000mAh battery. LOL Just busting your chops.

And speaking for myself I got miserable battery life out of both of my MVP's. I would get half a day max. I don't think they need to up the mAh. Maybe just use better quality cells.

12. seebo

seebo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2013
    CT,USA
    bigger battery? which means a bigger device..i don't need a device with the battery capacity to jump start my vehicle.. IMO what they should do is make the device smaller or at least offer two versions.. something between the itaste vv 3 and the mvp.

13. inswva

inswva Do you even squonk, bro? Verified Member ECF Veteran

Built-in battery would be a downer... relegates it to a throw away device just like the MVP 2.0.

Also, I don't think Innokin is trying to compete with the iStick with the MVP 3.0. I think they are going after the Hana crowd. Price better be really good or it better have some kind of crazy feature set. There's already a lot of value options in the high power box mod space.

14. Evi|grin

Evi|grin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    I was looking at higher watt box mods but now i will wait. I had great luck with both my MVPs, i just need more amps and a few more watts.

15. Traijan

Traijan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2014
    USA
    I'm a bit torn if they use replaceable batteries on one hand I like it because a replaceable battery means that my device can keep on running and I can just replace the batteries as necessary on the other hand they have to step up the feature set tremendously to get my money on a replaceable battery device than what is already available now that I could currently buy so I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out and certainly won't do any pre orders on it unless I knew the exact specs and can see true real world test results by an independent party on basically everything about it

16. Big Dewey

Big Dewey Full Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Georgetown, ky
    I totally agree. Can't wait to see it.

17. athousandyears

athousandyears Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Texas
    I am excited to see what they come up with. I guess I'm one of the only ones that likes the internal battery set up and hope it's included in at least one of the new versions. I would like to see a recessed 510 as well. Very curious as to what prices will be like.

18. PaulBHC

PaulBHC Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    ISTR that the MVP 2 was supposed to retail for 69.95 and Innokin did not like people selling them for the 30-40 range that we got used to. Wouldn't surprise me to see a 79.95 price point on the 3.0 with online vendors going for 50.

I think battery technology has changed enough that a 3000-3500 mah pack could be in it rather than a 18650 or 26650.

The market could be flooded with $50 boxes by year end.

19. Lindamck

Lindamck Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2014
    Bedford, TX, USA
    I love my MVP 2 and my multiple itaste vv 3's but will probably not go for the new MVP 3. When these die it will be time to step up to a mod with replaceable batteries. I really like the innokin product so who knows whar will be available then...and I hear Reo calling my name.

20. Pocha

Pocha Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Not necessarily! Cell phones get slimmer and slimmer with increased battery life. I personally like the size. Any smaller and 22mm tanks will look awful and be super top heavy. I'm just hoping for a more rounded, ergonomic form factor. Increased battery life would just be a plus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.