New info on the upcoming Innokin MVP 3.0!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
We knew it was inevitable. There is no way they would not follow up such a successful device. And up their game in the process.

Looks like Evolv is going to be working overtime supplying boards to innokin, Vaporshark and other manufacturers that use their boards. Hope they can keep up with the demand.

Hi,
After much speculation and hundreds of emails and PMs, I am very happy to announce that Innokin will be launching the iTaste MVP3.0 later this year. As Reddit & ECR is one of the most important forums for the promotion and discussion of vaping information and technology I am proud that James and George would like to let all of you know about the MVP3.0 first.
As you know the iTaste MVP2.0 has been a huge success around the world and is considered by many to be a milestone in the history of vaping and a backbone of the vaping industry. The MVP2.0 is known for being one of the longest lasting, most durable and affordable vaporizers available and the iTaste MVP3.0 is once again going to revolutionize vaping.
Our team has taken all the best and most successful parts of the MVP2.0 and truly listened to all of the amazing feedback from Reddit and from our vendors and end users to create the iTaste MVP3.0.
We are exceptionally excited that The iTaste SVD2.0 will be available at vendors in just a few weeks time and we will be announcing the distributors and vendors which are carrying it as well as the dates and times of launch parties.
The iTaste SVD2.0 is a 20W variable wattage device with an Evolv DNA-Experience chipset with Reverse Polarity protection and Stepdown technology that initially has both 18650 and 18350 tubes and has received great feedback from everyone that has used it. The steel version has an MSRP of $99.00 and we are confident it is going to be extremely popular so we hope you try it out for yourselves and let us know what you think.
*Edit: The SVD2.0 also comes packaged with a Travel kit that includes a battery power level tester with LED display. This a picture of an earlier version and the final travel kit looks quite similar to this.*
Please subscribe to this /r/innokin subreddit. We will be running more contests and giveaways here soon and releasing updates here first in the future. Thanks!
I do not have access to all of the information about the MVP3.0 however at this time I can state the following:

• There will be more than one edition. One will be at a lower price point that will be at least 30W as well as an advanced edition that will run a customized Evolv chipset with precise higher wattage and feature new advances in technology which take it above and beyond the competition. There may be another very innovative model which will be launched in the future as well.
  • The MVP3.0 will continue to have the device recharging feature which has made the MVP2.0 so useful and popular. It has also been designed to be durable.
  • The MVP3.0 will have a larger battery capacity than the MVP2.0.
  • We have listened to the community and the upgraded MVP3.0 form factor as well as the position of power button and micro-usb charging port.
  • The iTaste MVP3.0 will have a high quality OLED screen.
  • I know the engineering team understands the value of the spring loaded connector.
  • The device is designed to be durable and I believe has some of the same upgrades as the SVD2.0 including modular easy to repair components and other advancements.
  • We have worked closely with Brandon and John and the Evolv edition will have a customized chip and feature innovative top of the line vaping technology.
  • We are hoping to have one of the editions available in time for Christmas and as soon as I have more information I will announce it first here on Reddit.
  • We do not have prices available yet however affordability is a key factor.
Disclaimer: The information in this announcement is not final and may be subject to change in the future. Due to security reasons we are not able to offer full specifications or photos of the MVP3.0.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
We knew it was inevitable. There is no way they would not follow up such a successful device. And up their game in the process.

Looks like Evolv is going to be working overtime supplying boards to Innokin, Vaporshark and other manufacturers that use their boards. Hope they can keep up with the demand.

It appears Innokin has abandoned the internal battery moving the device into a different class. If so the Istick by Eleaf will absorb the MVP2 market. A sad day.

Alto101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
North Carolina
It appears Innokin has abandoned the internal battery moving the device into a different class. If so the Istick by Eleaf will absorb the MVP2 market. A sad day.

I see nothing stating this, all I see is that the battery will be larger capacity. Where are you reading this?

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Will some one just SCREAM at the techs. about that damned 510/ego connector. FIX IT !!!

"The MVP3.0 will have a larger battery capacity than the MVP2.0."

More battery life? For what? Give me a smaller form factor and keep the 26000. Very, very few people ever vape that much in a day.

Edit- Innokin needs to stop farting around on Reddit and come to the real number one vaping site! They are just to cheap to pay the meager vendors fee. Sometimes I really wonder about Innokin and their decisions.

Last edited:

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Will some one just SCREAM at the techs. about that damned 510/ego connector. FIX IT !!!

More battery life? For what? Give me a smaller form factor and keep the 26000. Very, very few people ever vape that much in a day.

Edit- Innokin needs to stop farting around on Reddit and come to the real number one vaping site! They are just to cheap to pay the meager vendors fee. Sometimes I really wonder about Innokin and their decisions.

It appears we are in the wrong group but the Istick slightly reduced battery Mah will little reduction in time and reduced overall size. I agree Innokin is going in the wrong direction. The VTR is a great performing mod but it's size hurt sales and is now in it's death throws.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I am confused here .... The Innokin box shown below has the Evolv LLC logo and name printed on it.

Innokin is a Chinese manufacturing company and Evolv LLC is a small American electronics company in Ohio that makes the Kick module and other vaping electronics.

I wonder what the tie is between the two?

spTMczz.jpg

M4rtin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
New Jersey, USA
I am confused here .... The Innokin box shown below has the Evolv LLC logo and name printed on it.

Innokin is a Chinese manufacturing company and Evolv LLC is a small American electronics company in Ohio that makes the Kick module and other vaping electronics.

I wonder what the tie is between the two?

spTMczz.jpg

The chip they use!
The iTaste SVD2.0 is a 20W variable wattage device with an Evolv DNA-Experience chipset with Reverse Polarity protection and Stepdown technology

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida

Since Innokin obviously don't want to fix that piss-poor EGO / 510 connector on the MVP 2, I just fixed it myself (of course, I can't attach EGO style clearomizers to it anymore):

With Spring-Loaded / Self-Adjusting Center Pin

MVP1-1.jpg

MVP2-1.jpg

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Since Innokin obviously don't want to fix that piss-poor EGO / 510 connector on the MVP 2, I just fixed it myself (of course, I can't attach EGO style clearomizers to it anymore):

With Spring-Loaded / Self-Adjusting Center Pin

MVP1-1.jpg

Any chance for you could post some pointers/details/instructions on what you did? I'm handy and have the required tools.

I'm currently using ego-to-510 adapters on two with stripped 510s (floor drops with heavy drippers) but excessive height makes them somewhat clumsy.

Also have one when dead battery pack (if anyone knows of replacement).

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Guys.. Did you not actually read the OP? It was CLEARLY mentioned that the new MVP will address connector issues (presumably meaning it'll be spring-loaded).

I know the engineering team understands the value of the spring loaded connector.

I'm really excited for this new MVP. I think the larger battery will be helpful if the device is capable of firing up to 30W.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist

Dayum I didn't realize the MVP had a 26000mAh battery. LOL Just busting your chops.

And speaking for myself I got miserable battery life out of both of my MVP's. I would get half a day max. I don't think they need to up the mAh. Maybe just use better quality cells.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Built-in battery would be a downer... relegates it to a throw away device just like the MVP 2.0.

Also, I don't think Innokin is trying to compete with the iStick with the MVP 3.0. I think they are going after the Hana crowd. Price better be really good or it better have some kind of crazy feature set. There's already a lot of value options in the high power box mod space.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
I'm a bit torn if they use replaceable batteries on one hand I like it because a replaceable battery means that my device can keep on running and I can just replace the batteries as necessary on the other hand they have to step up the feature set tremendously to get my money on a replaceable battery device than what is already available now that I could currently buy so I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out and certainly won't do any pre orders on it unless I knew the exact specs and can see true real world test results by an independent party on basically everything about it

Big Dewey

Sep 1, 2014
Georgetown, ky
I'm a bit torn if they use replaceable batteries on one hand I like it because a replaceable battery means that my device can keep on running and I can just replace the batteries as necessary on the other hand they have to step up the feature set tremendously to get my money on a replaceable battery device than what is already available now that I could currently buy so I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out and certainly won't do any pre orders on it unless I knew the exact specs and can see true real world test results by an independent party on basically everything about it

I totally agree. Can't wait to see it.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
ISTR that the MVP 2 was supposed to retail for 69.95 and Innokin did not like people selling them for the 30-40 range that we got used to. Wouldn't surprise me to see a 79.95 price point on the 3.0 with online vendors going for 50.

I think battery technology has changed enough that a 3000-3500 mah pack could be in it rather than a 18650 or 26650.

The market could be flooded with $50 boxes by year end.

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
bigger battery? which means a bigger device..

Not necessarily! Cell phones get slimmer and slimmer with increased battery life. I personally like the size. Any smaller and 22mm tanks will look awful and be super top heavy. I'm just hoping for a more rounded, ergonomic form factor. Increased battery life would just be a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread