New info on the upcoming Innokin MVP 3.0!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
And priced "under $100" ...uhm, I'd sure hope so. I think I'm just going to wait and get the istick 50w instead. More power, bigger battery, fires lower and likely will be cheaper.

That is my intention. The new iStick looks sweet.

Unfortunately, Innokin has provided to little, to late. 30 Watts is fine for me when using single coil tanks like my Lemo's, but for dual coil tanks like the Aqua V2, 30 Watts doesn't cut it for me anymore and limits build possibilities.

The 50 Watt iStick will be perfect for dual coil tanks, and leave some wiggle room to play with. I somehow doubt the MVP 3.0 will come in at the $50 price tag of the iStick.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
People posting that they will buy the iStick, I have a question.
Do you currently own an iStick?

I do, and comparatively speaking, in my opinion, the MVP is leaps and bounds better.
The iStick is cheaply made, crappy threads, and must be handled "gingerly".
The MVP is a tank and can take plenty of abuse.
I am going to get an MVP20watt, and maybe a 30 watt depending on the price.

I am not affiliated with Innokin or Eleaf, just my opinion.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA

I do, and comparatively speaking, in my opinion, the MVP is leaps and bounds better.
The iStick is cheaply made, crappy threads, and must be handled "gingerly".
The MVP is a tank and can take plenty of abuse.
I am going to get an MVP20watt, and maybe a 30 watt depending on the price.

I am not affiliated with Innokin or Eleaf, just my opinion.

In my opinion and usage of both i couldn't disagree more. Both are very, very durable and pretty damn nice. The 50w stick addresses all the previous issues with the 510 connection as well as lock out etc.

I think they're both awesome devices and very good deals.

jbarrick

Moved On
May 24, 2014
Alabama
I loved my MVP 2 intilI I broke it back in October.
I have been waiting around since then for the MVP 3 (w/evolve chip)
I got tired of waiting and bought the Istice and love it in December
Here it is January and still waiting......NO MVP 3 yet

I am over waiting! My father told me wait broke the wagon.

Well Innokin you broke the wagon as far as I an concerned!

I will be using Eleaf products: Lemo and Isticks from now on.

PIF_LG.jpg

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO

Yes. Two of them, and 4 dusty MVP's.

My only personal gripe with the iStick 20 watt is the cheap metal for the 510 threading. I agree, it's a problem.

That issue is addressed with the iStick 30 Watt and 50 Watt, which both have SS 510 threading and spring loaded center pins. Hopefully they'll make an upgrade for the 20 Watt version.

Porkleaker

Nov 16, 2014
Ontario
Having both the Istick 20w and MVP 2.0, I prefer the Istick. I bought the bending adapter for it too, so haven't had any issues with threading and I've also dropped it a 1/2 dozen times. Surprised I haven't broken my tank yet too.

With that said, I'm going with the 50 watt iStick over the MVP 3 for a number of reasons. Obviously more power, higher capacity battery, they improved the 510 connection and I'm quite certain it'll be cheaper as well. All innokin have said regarding pricing is "under $100" That's pretty vague. I'm guessing here in Canada, after taxes and shipping it'll be a lot closer to $100, so I'll pass. Also I find the built in charging cable extremely tacky.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
I have the mvp 2 shine, pretty green w/butterfly! Fiance has regular black one. Had em well over a year. I do use mine to charge my phone when I'm at work (outside without a plug in option) I still keep a tank on it all the time. It's a work horse for sure. Has been thrown in backpack or purse over and over. No issues whatsoever :) The mvp 3 isn't the prettiest thing so I'm on the fence. It looks clunky but will do the jobs it's intended for I'm sure. I trust innokin and have several products from them. I still suggest the mvp2 to people. Newbies and people on a budget looking for a trusty mod! I wouldn't mind having the 20 watt...
I have the istick 20watt also. I love it. Had it for 2+ months I think. I haven't dropped it a lot. Maybe a couple times. Because of what I read about threading from day one I have always used the adapter (not bendable one) that came in the kit to avoid issues, until today. It stopped working for some reason. I took it iff and no problems. The istick works fine. Wondering what coulda happened? Suggestions would be appreciated. I am baffled. I would buy another and probably will get the 50watt although for now, I don't need that much power... This lil mod is a perfect fit in my hand. I also recommend this to friends depending on what kind of topper they use due to it's limitations.

I felt like my head was spinning before Christmas with all the new stuff coming out. Hard to keep up. The mini mods are all on my radar, I am ok with box mods but it's much better now with smaller versions... small and pack a punch.... We are fortunate to have so many choices.

I use the silo lite tanks with aspire bvc coils and out of all the tanks, clearos, cartos I've tried the flavor is outstanding. I don't drip and the only rba I use is the egrip with it's lil rba, and the flavor there is awesome.

Yorkshire_pudding

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2015
Scarborough UK
I was waiting but shinyitis kicked in hard so i went and ordered the istick 50w and a lemo. I have also been looking at usb batteries as that is one thing i really liked about the mvp.
I guess ill wait and see what they actually do with the mvp having a dna chipset does sound nice but im wondering if 30w will really be enough by the time they actually bring the dam thing out to buy. I remember reading that they would bring out more than one model, i wonder if they can do a reasonably priced dna40 mvp that may help them play catch up.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I was waiting but shinyitis kicked in hard so i went and ordered the istick 50w and a lemo. I have also been looking at usb batteries as that is one thing i really liked about the mvp.
I guess ill wait and see what they actually do with the mvp having a dna chipset does sound nice but im wondering if 30w will really be enough by the time they actually bring the dam thing out to buy. I remember reading that they would bring out more than one model, i wonder if they can do a reasonably priced dna40 mvp that may help them play catch up.

Yeah, I'm waiting and hoping too. The MVP is a much better battery than the iStick--I own both. iStick's threads are awful, their voltage output is terribly inaccurate (the thing fires about one full volt higher than the display indicates) and the RMS is really an industry standard nowadays--what possessed them to use Vavg???? :shock:

Having said that, the iStick is cute and cheap and people love it. The iStick 30 has supposedly fixed some of the problems of the 20, but not all.

The MVP 20 is way better than the iStick 20, but it's big and clumsy in comparison... The MVP 30 is just as big and clumsy in comparison with the other small DNA mods that are entering the market.

I really, really hope that the MVP 3 Deluxe version (with Evolv's DNA 40 technology + temperature regulation) is in the works--and will be redesigned completely. If not, Innokin will have missed the boat completely.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Yeah, I'm waiting and hoping too. The MVP is a much better battery than the iStick--I own both. iStick's threads are awful, their voltage output is terribly inaccurate (the thing fires about one full volt higher than the display indicates) and the RMS is really an industry standard nowadays--what possessed them to use Vavg???? :shock:

Having said that, the iStick is cute and cheap and people love it. The iStick 30 has supposedly fixed some of the problems of the 20, but not all.

The MVP 20 is way better than the iStick 20, but it's big and clumsy in comparison... The MVP 30 is just as big and clumsy in comparison with the other small DNA mods that are entering the market.

I really, really hope that the MVP 3 Deluxe version (with Evolv's DNA 40 technology + temperature regulation) is in the works--and will be redesigned completely. If not, Innokin will have missed the boat completely.

Check out the Cloupor Mini. It's everything the Istick should've been. I paid the same for both ($35). The Cloupor Mini is a much more solid mod.

I was disappointed with the MVP3. They made it bigger by adding a built-in usb cable. I don't want or need a mod to charge my phone or anything else. That alone dismisses it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread