New info on the upcoming Innokin MVP 3.0!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I don't want or need a mod to charge my phone or anything else. That alone dismisses it for me.

As a general rule I'm not fond of "convergence devices"; often they end up being mediocre and not performing their primary function well. I don't want a flashlight (a la the Beyang 30w) or USB charging on my mods. I have Cree XM-L/XP-G flashlights and 15,000mah chargers for those functions. I'd rather that mod manufacturers spend their time and resources on making mods better than figuring out how to cram some half-baked nonrelated functionality into their products; to me it seems to cheapen a product a bit in the long run. I'm not saying that the MVP3 specifically will be cheap or won't work well as a USB charger, but I'd rather that Innokin put a dna board with step down in it than a built-in USB charging cable.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Yeah, but there's a world of difference in costs between the two. The USB cable is pennies, and it's just a variation on what the first three iterations of the MVP had.

On the other hand, a DNA-style board, and one that actually does step down is not pennies. Do keep in mind that a "real" DNA30 doesn't do step down either.

While my MVP 2.0 is semi-retired as an APV, it's still serving as a backup battery charger for my phone, and when it was my primary APV it got tasked a lot for the same thing. I like the extra utility. It's why I originally picked the MVP over some other choices. A goodly number of other people like that feature too, I'm sure.

Innokin is simply addressing its established market by making USB charging easier by providing a built in cable. It's their only USP (unique selling point) in this crowded 20-50w regulated mod market, they'd be nuts to throw that out IMHO.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Yeah, but there's a world of difference in costs between the two. The USB cable is pennies, and it's just a variation on what the first three iterations of the MVP had.

On the other hand, a DNA-style board, and one that actually does step down is not pennies. Do keep in mind that a "real" DNA30 doesn't do step down either.

While my MVP 2.0 is semi-retired as an APV, it's still serving as a backup battery charger for my phone, and when it was my primary APV it got tasked a lot for the same thing. I like the extra utility. It's why I originally picked the MVP over some other choices. A goodly number of other people like that feature too, I'm sure.

Innokin is simply addressing its established market by making USB charging easier by providing a built in cable. It's their only USP (unique selling point) in this crowded 20-50w regulated mod market, they'd be nuts to throw that out IMHO.

I completely understand why they did it...I'm just not impressed (admittedly I'm probably not in their target market). I'm sure the MVP3 will be a perfectly fine device.

balld

Jun 6, 2013
Ireland
Todd has a sneek peek on his Youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrwArTr3EnA#t=235

Have to say not overly impressed with the size - i think it looks a bit bulky compared to what else is out in there these days.
Also is there a need for the cable in the base ?

Have to wait and see a proper full review -
Just a thought - 14 months ago I purchased my first mod the MVP2 @€53.00 - this came with a clearomiser (i6 or i19 - i cant remember - its still sitting in the original box it came in so no value there)
I can pick up an MVP20 today for €40 here i Ireland
So what price point is the mVP3 going to be at - a 30W device is available form eleaf @€45.

Ill consider it if its under €45 - anymore and im ordering from eleaf - that's it I've convinced myself.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
You have to remember that it has a 3800mah battery in it. The iStick 50W got a lot bigger with the increase in battery size. It looks a bit longer than an MVP20 but the rest looks pretty well the same size. I agree that the cord thing on the bottom is just plain stupid. For me, a 30W box is perfect. I loved the MVP2 and I love the MVP20 so I will definitely give one a go.

LuNar

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2014
Hays KS
My guess is the first mvp 3.0 will might have an internal battery, better 510, probably goes up to 20/30 watts and vapes down to .5. I'm just guessing this will be the most affordable but also the smallest mvp 3.0, most likely the first one to be released, and probably somewhere around xmas time like they said in the quote.

I think the second one will cost a bit more but you'll be able to replace the batteries, up to 20/30 watts/ nicer led screen, floating 510, fire down to .1 and possibly... temperature control? Also assuming this one would be slightly bigger than the one I mentioned up top.

They even said that there is a possibility of a 3rd and I'm going to guess that this one will be a "holy grail' of mpv 3.0's. Possibly dual 18650 space, menu with interesting and possibly completely new features, floating 510, nice led screen, pwm and dc-dc adjustments, maybe fires up to 30/40 watts, down to .1ohm, some random blue tooth capabilities, and I really would love to see temperature control lol. This one would most likely be fairly large in comparison to the others. Maybe they'd call it the, "MVP DNA 40 3.0"

Really looking forward to see what they have hidden their sleeves for the new mvp 3.0's!

I know the temperature control is unlikely and I'm probably getting my hopes up wayyy to much but a man can dream! :D

Last edited:

Vapey_McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Los Angeles
My guess is the first mvp 3.0 will might have an internal battery, better 510, probably goes up to 20/30 watts and vapes down to .5. I'm just guessing this will be the most affordable but also the smallest mvp 3.0, most likely the first one to be released, and probably somewhere around xmas time like they said in the quote.

I think the second one will cost a bit more but you'll be able to replace the batteries, up to 20/30 watts/ nicer led screen, floating 510, fire down to .1 and possibly... temperature control? Also assuming this one would be slightly bigger than the one I mentioned up top.

They even said that there is a possibility of a 3rd and I'm going to guess that this one will be a "holy grail' of mpv 3.0's. Possibly dual 18650 space, menu with interesting and possibly completely new features, floating 510, nice led screen, pwm and dc-dc adjustments, maybe fires up to 30/40 watts, down to .1ohm, some random blue tooth capabilities, and I really would love to see temperature control lol. This one would most likely be fairly large in comparison to the others. Maybe they'd call it the, "MVP DNA 40 3.0"

Really looking forward to see what they have hidden their sleeves for the new mvp 3.0's!

I know the temperature control is unlikely and I'm probably getting my hopes up wayyy to much but a man can dream! :D

Honestly the most I can see them doing on a mvp3.0 v2 would be 50watts, and a larger battery

balld

Jun 6, 2013
Ireland
from taste your juice:

Capture.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread