New-ish to vaping. (Quitting smoking... again.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerie

Apr 28, 2015
I wouldn't exactly call myself new to vaping. I've been doing it on and off for about 2 years. I initially started with disposable ecigs to help quit smoking. That worked for a little bit, until I just couldn't be bothered to buy them. So I went back to cigs, which for some reason I could be bothered to buy? After a while I was feeling all the common side affects of smoking (cough, hack, mucus, short breath etc...) so I went to a local head shop/smoke shop and purchased a Green Leaf ecig which I stuck to even longer. I moved to Colorado with that ecig, and lived literally a block away from a really great vape shop (Shoutout to Triumph Tobbaco Alternatives!), so it was really easy to buy new flavors and tanks. But a few months later, I moved back to my good ole home state.... and forgot to pack the ecig. Shame on me. So.. then I went back to smoking for about a year, until about a week ago, when my friend gave me her x6 VV ecig, which I believe is an ego battery. I love this thing, I think it is great for newbies and newbie-ish people like myself. It is very inexpensive, and the battery lasts for a while. This feels like one I can stick with, and not go back to smoking with. Fingers crossed!

CardinalWinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
Vermont, USA
Hiya aerie! I got into vaping way back in early 2009, but never got rid of the cigs completely and I just sort of gave up on it two years later and went back to smoking full time. A lot of it had to do with the poor efficiency of the equipment back then, but truth be told, I wasn't committed to quitting.

This past November, I decided to take another look at the vaping scene, and the equipment had changed and progressed so much I had to call my neighbor over to help me pick my jaw up off the floor.

I haven't had a cigarette since November 13th. A lot of that has to do with awesome vaping equipment we now have, but truth be told again, I really wanted to quit this time.

If I can do it, I guarantee you can too!

Reactions: aerie

aerie

Apr 28, 2015
Do you still find yourself craving a "real" smoke? Does the vape seem to help the craving?
I am not craving a "real" smoke at all! I even tried to have a puff off of a friends cigarette after vaping for a few days, and to me the real smoke tasted... just dirty. I don't know how to explain it. It left a taste of actual dirt in my mouth, and VERY chemically. That was after just a few days back into vaping.

Reactions: Puff2K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread