new itaste 3.0 user

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricFlowerChild

Aug 31, 2015
Hello, I've been vaping off and on for about a year. I started out with the ego twist but wanted something alittle stronger. I stopped by my local vape shop and picked up a itaste 3.0 pro starter kit. I've been using it for some time and love it! I just have no idea how to use it. The man that sold it to me just said to keep it inbetween 15.0W and 25.0W, which I have been doing but theres some other settings that I have no idea what to do with. I've been looking through other posts and everyone seems to say that the numbers are up to the user but... can someone help me out with some numbers to start with and maby explain what the W V and Ω even mean? I know how to fill it/clean it/change the wick and whatnot but thats about it. Lol thanks and sorry I must sound like a mega noob!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
hi @ElectricFlowerChild and welcome to the forum. You have a very nice advanced kit. The mods (battery part) set the power to the coil (which is in the tank). In a regulated mod (your's is) you can set the voltage or the wattage. If you set the wattage, the mod sets the voltage and vice versa. It is a safety issue built into the regulated mod.

Just like edyle said, the funnly looking symbol is the ohm meter. It tells the mod what coil is in the tank so the mod can regulate the power. The general rule is the higher the number (example 1.8) the less volts/watts are needed to heat the coil to produce vape. When you use a sub ohm (any measure under 1.0 ohm/funny symbol) it generally takes more power to heat the coil to produce the vape.

The rule of thumb for EVERY vape device you will ever use is simple. "Start low power, take a draw, bump it up repeat. If it gets too warm, tastes funny or starts to taste burnt, back it down." It doesn't matter if you're using watts or volts to set the power, the same rule applies.

To find the sweet spot I recommend adjusting the power up in the manner I prescribed, then when you have it close, adjust the air flow options on the tank to see if you like it airy or tight. After you've used it some you'll be quite comfortable with this set up.

Good luck in your vape journey.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Do I start low with the Volts or the Watts or both?
Volts are like how fast your engine is spinning in your car. Ohms are the size of your tires. Watts are how fast you're going :). In short, start low on volts or watts. Increase slowly. Tastes a bit funky, back it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread