New iTaste VTR (not released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradleyNIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have pretty much been between 3.9-4.2v depending on the time of day. What about you? And, yes, agreed, it is a Boba Machine!

I keep it between 9.5 and 10 watts. It gets pretty wet and spitty going any higher. When Im using volts, I am about 4.2-4.3.

STLBluesNut

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
st peters mo
I picked out up today and have been playing around with it. It is my first APV but I have been building flashlights for a few years so 18650s and their risks are second nature to me. I don't really see to much of an advantage to the whole VV, VW thing (thought I am trying every setting to find the "perfect" one, so maybe it do get it :p) but it just looks so cool and feels so good in the hand I just had to have it, features I will rarely touch or not.

Different tanks, attys, etc vape better at different voltages and 10 of the same all labeled the same will have different ohm readings. Also you will find different juice vape better at different voltages even in the same equipment or as the coil gets dirty etc. So the advantage is being able to tune in you setting for any given situation. Also, most vv/vw devices hold their voltage, relatively, constant no matter the charge state of the battery. Meaning you wont be vaping 4.2v in the morning and 3.2v later before it dies. More consistent all day vape.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I picked out up today and have been playing around with it. It is my first APV but I have been building flashlights for a few years so 18650s and their risks are second nature to me. I don't really see to much of an advantage to the whole VV, VW thing (thought I am trying every setting to find the "perfect" one, so maybe it do get it :p) but it just looks so cool and feels so good in the hand I just had to have it, features I will rarely touch or not.

Just try setting it at 3.7 volts and you just might not want to change it again. It's certainly not a necessity to have to set higher than what one is used to---though it can be fun to play with different settings. :)

Personally, I was surprised at how much I liked the consistency of vv/vw devices as well as some bells and whistles built into the devices. Of course, YMMV.

I like the form factor too -- I just want the super light weight version. :laugh:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I like the form factor too -- I just want the super light weight version. :laugh:

Just carry one of these around for a day. The VTR will seem feather light after that! :D

10-pound-dumbbell.jpg

itsmedave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
TN
Do you find a good use for the MVP battery voltage function? My batteries tend to follow the standard discharge curve which is very flat once they drop to 3.7 volts and then fall off like a rock from 3.6 downward. If a battery measures 3.7 (which it will for a good while) can't tell if its mostly full or mostly empty. Do you find knowing the voltage gives you more info than just the green/yellow/red thresholds?

I always check the battery on any mod I use to figure up how long I have left. The SVD had it, the MVP2.0 has it, I'm just scratching my head as to why they took it out on the VTR. If I set a mod down and haven't taken a puff in a while, I always check it on the first puff.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
I just bought a couple Ibtanked setups from vaporcraft in Clawson, fit perfectly in my VTR, and I am in Vaping heaven.... My god.... Is this LEGAL?!?!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
I assume you have to use the I tanked for the 45mm cartos? I like the standard size cartos but would not be opposed to getting a new tank. Just wanted to make sure on the dimensions oft he talk you got.

BradleyNIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I assume you have to use the I tanked for the 45mm cartos? I like the standard size cartos but would not be opposed to getting a new tank. Just wanted to make sure on the dimensions oft he talk you got.

Yes. Please. Tell us more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina

Wow, my spelling/grammar sucks! Dang auto correct! I need to learn to read before posting.

BradleyNIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wow, my spelling/grammar sucks! Dang auto correct! I need to learn to read before posting.

No. LOL. Seriously. I meant to quote the OP to your reply, Sorry. I'd like to know what size tank they ordered that fit the VTR.

My VTR's been sidelined for a few days gathering dust. I think I'm going to have to put that adapter in it to start enjoying my normal tanks. I just cant seem to get the settings consistent on that 30s and I'm tired of the mouthpiece. I'd love to find a carto tank that would work.

Last edited:

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
No. LOL. Seriously. I meant to quote the OP to your reply, Sorry. I'd like to know what size tank they ordered that fit the VTR.

My VTR's been sidelined for a few days gathering dust. I think I'm going to have to put that adapter in it to start enjoying my normal tanks. I just cant seem to get the settings consistent on that 30s and I'm tired of the mouthpiece. I'd love to find a carto tank that would work.

The 19mm XL ibtanked should work fine. Get a fusion mega 510 carto for it and you'll be in vaping bliss

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
Anyone experiencing problems with batteries in your VTR? Protected batteries do not fit of course and there is no need for them, but I used an AW 18650 2000mAh battery and the VTR kept shutting off. I have a couple of flat top batteries and use them with no issues.

No problem with them here. Had my VTR for about 3 weeks, and used 3 different batteries from both Panasonic and Efest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread