RB nj
upload_2015-12-4_11-2-59.png

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I like that you can take the vent pipe out to clean it.
It lends itself to the possibility that eventually larger diameter chimneys may be available in the future for greater airflow as well. Still need a larger diameter atty base to get a proper brush in there to clean the tank properly.

Reactions: Dimplegirl

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
It does look like joyetech has redesigned the airflow in the VT come to think of it. Look at the Drip Tip Diameter below.

And looking at the stock airflow holes in the base of the unit they have now incorporated a second air intake hole.

Also note in the diagram above there is no Silicon Cap pictured as there was in the diagram for the Egrip OLED CL pictured below. That may mean the Monkey .... cap is eliminated but probably also means the old rba heads may not be compatible without a new chamber cap for the RBA.

upload_2015-12-5_22-3-10.png

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
Also note in the diagram above there is no Silicon Cap pictured as there was in the diagram for the Egrip OLED CL pictured below. That may mean the Monkey .... cap is eliminated but probably also means the old RBA heads may not be compatible without a new chamber cap for the RBA.
I was wondering the same. The same goes for the CS base I guess. Would be nice if they'd include a CS / RBA compatible chimney since it is now removable.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj

• A Heartbreaking First look confirms that the Silicon Cap is still in use on the coil.
  • I have 2-20w & 1-30w OLED, all converted to CL/CLR - all Drilled at Base & Chimney. You only really notice the off taste of the silicone cap at higher wattage settings, but once you do it sort of sours you on the entire concept in my experience and you start to taste it all the time whether real or imagined, I cannot say. Temperature control may mitigate that, but again, I cannot say.
  • I see the second intake air hole they pictured in the detail circle on the VT exploded diagram does not exist in the production units in the video. The existing air intake in the base appears slightly larger in the VT that the CL but not enough.
  • The removable chimney may be slightly larger in ID at the narrow section, but it is very tough to tell for sure from a video like that.
  • I know that Airflow of the OLED CL is greatly improved by drilling a hole at the center of the CL base like the old RBA had, but the chimney is still very restricted in that version to the point that I drilled mine as much as I dared to try & improve it further, but you can only get so much out of it. Doesn't really leak like the old RBA did when you do this but if left full & unused for a week or so it can ooze a bit.
  • The old RBA Base and the old CS Style coils will be compatible in the Egrip VT as it is essentially the same device with only 2 incremental improvements: Temperature Control and removable Chimney for cleaning.
  • I think Temperature Control will be a great improvement especially if airflow is enhanced but for me it is too little, to late for me to buy in and I guess I would rather suffer the malfunctioning and dangerous Temperature Control in Nebox than waste my money on this device.

Last edited:

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Man that gold eGrip sure looks sexy! I've been pretty happy with my eGrip CLR though, not sure if I can justify getting another one just yet. Is anyone still using the Eleaf GS Air coils with their eGrip? I've been using the CLR coils but I ran out recently and tried popping a GS coil in there. It used to work on my old eGrip (v1 no screen), but I didn't try them in my new one. They seem to fit but aren't firing.. weird. Not sure if anything changed or I just messed something up on my side.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I try eleaf gs 1,2ohm on v1 and taste is from helll...i dont know why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMHO the CL/CLRs are much better than the GS/CS coils. The wicking in the Cl coils is organic cotton as opposed to silica wicking. in the old GS/CS coils.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dimplegirl

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
IMHO the CL/CLRs are much better than the GS/CS coils. The wicking in the Cl coils is organic cotton as opposed to silica wicking. in the old GS/CS coils.
Not quite. Joyetech CL heads center wick are made of silica, see Joyetech Ego ONE

Obviously I was referring to GS Air Pure Cotton and Aspire BVC cotton heads. I prefer the latter over the former, but both suit MTL better than CL(R) heads imo.

Reactions: Tpat591
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread