New Joyetech 20watt eGrip

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are anything like other joyetech coils, or joyetech dripping atties, I don't think short life span will be a problem at all.

When I first started vaping, I was using the old school Joye eGo with cartridges and separate atty, and I decided I would try dry burning an atty without rinsing off the juice first (I know better now). I held the button down until the battery shut off over and over and over again, probably for a half hour or so. The unit got so hot, I had to switch hands and trade off thumbs and fingers repeatedly, and my gnarled old hands are not very sensitive. Eventually I got the coil to glow, rinsed and dry burned it a few more times, and then continued to use it for several weeks. It is still in my old stuff box and works just fine. Short of a direct hit with a nuclear missile, I don't know what it would take to kill one of those things.

krijmo

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
A, A
I just saw them from myvaporstore.com for 70 bucks. It reminded me of my Innokin MVP, so I went to take a look. Every battery I have ever had from joytech has broken on me, but, hey, maybe they improved their quality. My Innokin MVP has a 2400mah battery, maybe not as many watts, but its a passthru AND can be used a portable charging device. I can buy this battery for 40 bucks. My atomizer heads cost me 6 bucks a pack, and replacing the wicks with cotton ball material makes that pack last me MONTHS. We have to remember that nicotine is toxic to the environment and thousands of vapers trashing atomizer heads once a week is a lot of garbage. Hopefully someone can at least learn how to rebuild the atomizer heads.
Also, me being accident prone, I have lost many a battery to water damage. With this thing, the battery takes a crap, you're out 70 bucks. Your battery takes a crap with a normal ecig setup, you can just put your tank etc, on another battery, and youre just out the price of a battery.
I discovered Innokin about a year ago, and I have fully submerged two MVPs in water, and one 3.0 in a cup of coffee (oops). If you let it sit for about a week, they dry out. Putting them in rice didn't work, but I have enough batteries in reserve where I can shelf a battery for a week. That made me a lifelong customer.

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I just saw them from myvaporstore.com for 70 bucks. It reminded me of my Innokin MVP, so I went to take a look. Every battery I have ever had from joytech has broken on me, but, hey, maybe they improved their quality. My Innokin MVP has a 2400mah battery, maybe not as many watts, but its a passthru AND can be used a portable charging device. I can buy this battery for 40 bucks. My atomizer heads cost me 6 bucks a pack, and replacing the wicks with cotton ball material makes that pack last me MONTHS. We have to remember that nicotine is toxic to the environment and thousands of vapers trashing atomizer heads once a week is a lot of garbage. Hopefully someone can at least learn how to rebuild the atomizer heads.
Also, me being accident prone, I have lost many a battery to water damage. With this thing, the battery takes a crap, you're out 70 bucks. Your battery takes a crap with a normal ecig setup, you can just put your tank etc, on another battery, and youre just out the price of a battery.
I discovered Innokin about a year ago, and I have fully submerged two MVPs in water, and one 3.0 in a cup of coffee (oops). If you let it sit for about a week, they dry out. Putting them in rice didn't work, but I have enough batteries in reserve where I can shelf a battery for a week. That made me a lifelong customer.

Glad you found a setup that is good for you.. :) I have a slew of rebuildables and devices. I wanted something that I don't have to rebuild.. ;) I don't mind chucking a coil head when needed using my new "out-n-about" device. I wasn't looking for another large box to perch a tank atty or RDA on to carry around on errands, etc.. (or a small device with a large atty that looks like it's teetering on it ;) )The eGrip is EXACTLY what I was looking for, and I have been enjoying the hell out of it. It's a good fit for me.. :vapor:

As far as cost of eGrip ownership goes... If it lasts for a year, at it's current price, it comes out to what? $5.83 a month.. WAY less than I ever spent on tobacco, and well within my monthly vape budget. ;) Then, even if I were to use one *gasp* head a week, that comes out to what? About $3.75 a week at their current cost... Again, not gonna bust my budget. :) Eventually, prices will drop I'm sure.

The battery life is great on this little guy.. Really surprising. The coil head has broken in, and the flavor is quite acceptable. The Aspire BVC is better IMO, but not really by much compared to this Joyetech..

Right off the top of my head, the two things I would change is:

USB charge port on the lower front or side instead of the bottom

Better (more precise ) control of the wattage adjustment.

Neither are deal-breakers to me though. :)

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Just saw this report in another topic, started a day after this one-----looks good!:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cignot/613850-joyetech-egrip-i-am-loving-thing.html

Technonut, what do you think the eleaf / istick or whatever it's called thingie has that this does not? Or are we talking same or similar?

The only thing it has over the eGrip is price, more battery capacity, and a display.. From what I gather, Joyetech either owns, or supplies parts to Eleaf. I like the form factor of the iStick.. I don't like the looks of most toppers on them though.. ;)

One thing I have noticed... Since I have been using the eGrip, my juice consumption has dropped.. I easily go though say, 12mls a day in my REO topped with the Reactor RDA.. I've been going through only 7 with the eGrip. :) I like this little mod so much, that I'm going to grab another in the wood design when it's available. :D

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
The only thing it has over the eGrip is price, more battery capacity, and a display.. From what I gather, Joyetech either owns, or supplies parts to Eleaf. I like the form factor of the iStick.. I don't like the looks of most toppers on them though.. ;)

One thing I have noticed... Since I have been using the eGrip, my juice consumption has dropped.. I easily go though say, 12mls a day in my REO topped with the Reactor RDA.. I've been going through only 7 with the eGrip. :) I like this little mod so much, that I'm going to grab another in the wood design when it's available. :D

I just received my istick yesterday. I am liking it, but agree most toppers look goofy on it. I do regret that I didn't know about the e grip before purchasing the stick. I am still in search of a good setup....because I am running only Kanger tanks, and really don't like me. I'd be willing to try a Nauti mini or a Joyetech tank based on these reviews of the egrip atty. anyone know if Joyetech tanks are decent generally? I'm gonna check their website but user experience would be great.

I see the old Joyetech stuff seems to get positive reviews here, but wondering about anything newer in their production....similar to what they used in the grip?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Joyetech has always been known for great quality. I have a few of their Delta tanks/coils and love them. Back when I first started vaping, everyone that used attys wanted to make sure that they got genuine Joye because they were the best.

Even with Ego batteries, Joye has always had the best quality as far as I know.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

SG, I have tried to blow one up. Can't. It just dies. That is why I always recommend to newbies.

I just received my istick yesterday. I am liking it, but agree most toppers look goofy on it. I do regret that I didn't know about the e grip before purchasing the stick. I am still in search of a good setup....because I am running only Kanger tanks, and really don't like me.

I am Kanger-free at the moment. Just have had bad luck w/their coils.

Since I have been using the eGrip, my juice consumption has dropped.

I may have to get one, not to mention it is always a pleasure to send biz to Vicki over at Cignot......one of the best people in this biz and a veteran.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Joyetech has always been known for great quality. I have a few of their Delta tanks/coils and love them. Back when I first started vaping, everyone that used attys wanted to make sure that they got genuine Joye because they were the best.

perfect. This is exactly what I was wondering. Do you happen to have the Delta 16? I seem to have better luck with smaller capacity tanks. Also, since the replacement coils are speedy, wondering where you buy them and how much lifespan you generally get out of them.

i think I am done messin with Kangers.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
perfect. This is exactly what I was wondering. Do you happen to have the Delta 16? I seem to have better luck with smaller capacity tanks. Also, since the replacement coils are speedy, wondering where you buy them and how much lifespan you generally get out of them.

i can't speak to the delta 16, but the delta 19 and the full-sized delta have been giving me the best vaping i have had from a pre-built tank/coil system. while i have had some hit or miss vaping with the kanger and aspire systems nothing comes close to the consistantly good results with the joyetech deltas. yes, you pay a little more than the others but the quality is there and it has always been worth it for me to vape with the deltas. besides, anything is way less than a carton of cigs cost so i consider myself way ahead with the deltas. for flavor, ease of use, and consistant quality of the coils the deltas are the way to go in my book- it is a plus that they last longer for me also.........

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

The only place that I have seen the 16s are at Joyetech US so far. I got my tanks and coils from Totally Wicked on a 30% off sale. They hav those fairly frequently. You may want to take a look at Sweet-Vapes for the 16s but, probably the same price as direct from Joyetech US.

My bet is that TW will stock the 16s at some point.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
i can't speak to the delta 16, but the delta 19 and the full-sized delta have been giving me the best vaping i have had from a pre-built tank/coil system. while i have had some hit or miss vaping with the kanger and aspire systems nothing comes close to the consistantly good results with the joyetech deltas. yes, you pay a little more than the others but the quality is there and it has always been worth it for me to vape with the deltas. besides, anything is way less than a carton of cigs cost so i consider myself way ahead with the deltas. for flavor, ease of use, and consistant quality of the coils the deltas are the way to go in my book- it is a plus that they last longer for me also.........

Thanks. Given that the Delta 16 and 19 are dual coil at 1.6 ohm, I would guess they will work really well atop the istick. Performing between 4 and 20 watts I ought to have a good match, yes? Well probably couldn't get 20 watts on that coil....but you know what I mean.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
The only place that I have seen the 16s are at Joyetech US so far. I got my tanks and coils from Totally Wicked on a 30% off sale. They hav those fairly frequently. You may want to take a look at Sweet-Vapes for the 16s but, probably the same price as direct from Joyetech US.

My bet is that TW will stock the 16s at some point.

Thanks.... So do you own and use a 16 or just a 19 and 23 tank? I am trying to compare to my experience with Kanger tanks. We've had good luck with our mini PT, but the full size PT2 and 3 have been a little fussy. I bought them for more capacity, but have learned never to let them get more than half empty or the get gurgle and flooding.

Maybe ALL the large tanks need plenty of juice in them. I also think there is more flavor on the smaller tanks but maybe that's just my imagination.

I'd consider a 19 but am sure the Delta 23 is too gigantic atop an istick for me.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I only have a full sized Delta. The one that holds 6 mls. I gave Kanger up for Aspire long ago. I use a full sized nautilus with BVCs on my iStick. I have heard that the mini Nautilus is nice on the iStick as well but, I like the capacity of the full size and it is not too big on the iStick for me.

BTW- I often vape my nautilus very close to dry and then change flavors with no issue at all. YMMV

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I waited for the eGrip to go through a few charge cycles before averaging the time it takes to recharge from the wall-wart. From a totally drained battery to full, it's been taking on average, two hours..

As far as vaping time goes... Out of two days... 6 hours one day, 8 hours the next, @ 11-14 watts. The time is based on my using the device while leaving the house, and conducting daily tasks. I vaped as I normally would with any other regulated device. It is perfect for my intended purpose.. :) I'm going to grab an automotive 12v outlet >USB adapter to charge while in my car, using the eGrip as a pass through while driving. ;)

It's been great to have something work as described out of the box.. So small, simple, and well made. No leaks, gurgles, or surprises so far. :toast:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread