New juice mixer, in need of help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philippa Ellis

Jan 13, 2019
Hey eveyone

Just found this group and could do with some help, please.

I've been vaping for some years now and usually buy my juice from a local shop but due to cost I've decided to start mixing myself.

However over the past year I've become allergic to PG and menthol flavours, sooo I'm now vaping AG + VG base liquids with fruit flavours and don't get a problem which is ace!!!

However AG isn't always available to buy in the shop when I need it so I've decided to buy my own online from a rep seller that I know are UK based etc. (Have to be careful because of my allergy)

Does anyone else here vape AG?

Last edited:

Philippa Ellis

Jan 13, 2019
Aqueous Glycerine is an alternative base liquid as opposed to Propelyne glycol.

Basically it's Vegetable Glycerine with distilled water added to make it more fluid and turn it to Aqueous Glycerine.

I'm allergic to propylene glycol as it gives me anaphylaxis, so the only way I can vape is using AG with VG added to thicken if too watery.

I hope all the above makes sense

• Informative
Reactions: Denvap0r

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
You've just answered your own question lol AG is VG with added distilled water which creates AG
Can you make it yourself with DW or is AG better mixture? Never tried DW in mine so I'm not sure how it works. It's usually really hot here so the viscosity of VG never posed a problem. I thought I had a PG allergy but in my case I believe it was the metal in the coils. I started using SS wire and everything got better. I'm using 25PG/75Vg in my pods and so far I've been OK.
All the DIY purveyors I use are based in the US.so peobably wouldnt be of much help. Best of luck with your search.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey eveyone

Just found this group and could do with some help, please.

I've been vaping for some years now and usually buy my juice from a local shop but due to cost I've decided to start mixing myself.

However over the past year I've become allergic to PG and menthol flavours, sooo I'm now vaping AG + VG base liquids with fruit flavours and don't get a problem which is ace!!!

However AG isn't always available to buy in the shop when I need it so I've decided to buy my own online from a rep seller that I know are UK based etc. (Have to be careful because of my allergy)

Hi and welcome,
Good source in the UK: Aqueous Glycerine

Cheers
I

Philippa Ellis

Jan 13, 2019
Can you make it yourself with DW or is AG better mixture? Never tried DW in mine so I'm not sure how it works. It's usually really hot here so the viscosity of VG never posed a problem. I thought I had a PG allergy but in my case I believe it was the metal in the coils. I started using SS wire and everything got better. I'm using 25PG/75Vg in my pods and so far I've been OK.
All the DIY purveyors I use are based in the US.so peobably wouldnt be of much help. Best of luck with your search.
Hey yeah

I believe you can make it yourself but you have to leave it like 2-3 days to steep before using I think.

As whenever the shop didn't have pre made bottled stuff in they would make it but it wouldn't be ready for a few days so i would have to wait.

At least if you ever develop an allergy to PG you know there's an alternative and you can continue to vape it took 3 years for my allergy to develop properly, Drs said I had oral allergy syndrome and was allergic to proteins in raw veg and fruit when actually it was my vape the PG and the menthol crystals in my juice as I vaped the strongest menthol liquids going lol

Started off as headaches, numbness in my hands arms and face then full on tightening of my throat and closing of my airways all because of my vape liquid..... crazy huh

Anyway thank you for your responses hopefully I will get help or work out the ratio soon

Philippa Ellis

Jan 13, 2019
Hi and welcome,
Good source in the UK: Aqueous Glycerine

Cheers
I

Thank you that link is super cheap!!! however I can see the shipping being costly as i don't think it's a UK seller.

But thank you for your help, I buy my stuff from well known sellers in the UK who also have stores too.

Even though the flavour concentrates carry a small amount of PG it's not the scale of a pure 50/50 PG/VG Mix

Philippa Ellis

Jan 13, 2019
Thank you that link is super cheap!!! however I can see the shipping being costly as i don't think it's a UK seller.

But thank you for your help, I buy my stuff from well known sellers in the UK who also have stores too.

Even though the flavour concentrates carry a small amount of PG it's not the scale of a pure 50/50 PG/VG Mix

My bad they're a UK seller in Somerset however at those prices I'm rather sceptical but perhaps I'm wrong and it's just as good as Joe blogs down the street.
However buying massive bulk like that I would feel a little like the dude in breaking bad lol

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Which sellers are you using currently?
Are you shopping for VG based flavours or AG?

Cheers
I

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

I mix my own nic base and use vg + 6% distilled water, wicks well in most attys. There is also PEG400 (pg substitute) which I use as 10% when I do need a bit thinner juice

Philippa Ellis

Jan 13, 2019
I use a shop usually called Gray Haze they are awesome and helped me so much but they don't sell DIY kits or bases so now I'm using a site called Totally wicked they're pretty pricey for what it is tbh but I didn't want to go buying stuff from sellers I wasn't aware of or know people who can vouch for them.

I don't have a choice in the flavour concentrates as they only carry PG based ones as far as I've been able to find but if you know of any that would be awesome

As my allergy is so severe I like to know the liquids I buy are produced in the UK and not over seas as we all have different regulations etc

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I use a shop usually called Gray Haze they are awesome and helped me so much but they don't sell DIY kits or bases so now I'm using a site called Totally wicked they're pretty pricey for what it is tbh but I didn't want to go buying stuff from sellers I wasn't aware of or know people who can vouch for them.

I don't have a choice in the flavour concentrates as they only carry PG based ones as far as I've been able to find but if you know of any that would be awesome

As my allergy is so severe I like to know the liquids I buy are produced in the UK and not over seas as we all have different regulations etc
You could explore "ultra" flavor brands, very strong concentrates you use sparingly by the drop. Flavorah and Medicine Flower are two that come to mind. Nature's Flavors is also popular with mixers sensitive to pg.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Personally, TW will never get another penny from me and I am apt to dissuade others from being taken advantage of by predatory vendors of the kind.

Other options for VG:
DarkStar Vapour

Or PG or VG or AVG
John runs the site above and is very active on UK based vape forums. If you have any questions or concerns; call him. He is a real nice guy and was one of the first in the UK to produce commercial e liquid WITHOUT PG.
Telephone UK 01254 674561

HTH
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome. Sorry to hear about your issues with allergies. I use PEG400 in place of PG which I am sensitive to, not allergic to. I don't know if you've tried it but if you haven't and your allergies are severe, well, keep the epi-pen handy I guess. Etc.

Welcome and I guess I can understand wanting something "premade" if you are so allergic to it although I must say if you can make it yourself it would most likely be FAR cheaper, and no different than what you are buying. Maybe have someone else add the water or something, IDK, if it's such a severe allergy.

Anna

Philippa Ellis

Jan 13, 2019
@Izan
Thanks so much, ive just ordered some VG based flavours from vapable, I totally forgot about those guys.

Tbh TW were the only ones who I trusted to buy the base liquids from as no one else I know do them especially AG.
There are so many sites and vendors now I never know who to trust especially online probably sounds really stupid to be so particular.

But I shall certainly be checking out the companies you've recommended, much appreciated!!

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Could check out:
PG, VG & AG base liquids for e liquid mixing
Could fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...
No, I stick to deep well RDA's and viscosity is not an issue with the most basic type of tank.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
http://spinfuel.com/art-drip-guide-vaping/
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
Atomizer vs. Cartomizer vs. Clearomizer. The Ultimate Guide
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
RBA vape guide: RDA, RTA, Genesis, and More
I will get help or work out the ratio soon
Can PM me and can help on RDA/VG only recommendations.
re: BrotherBob
due to cost I've decided to start mixing myself
Here is a quick look into DIY, might like to visit:
DIY Vape Juice: How to make your own E-Juice (In Depth Guide)
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
The Ultimate Guide on How To Make Vape Juice & E-Liquid
https://www.thevaperstable.com/e-liquid-mixing/
https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/wiki/diy_beginners_guide
Please read the stickies below:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forums/diy-e-liquid.38/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread