New juice, weird head tingling/headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
Just got this new juice in called Butterfinger Swirl by SAUZ at 6mg nic, its 80/vg/20pg 120ml was $22. vaping it for about 3 hours now and at first I felt a slight headache coming on, which is rare for me. Then it got pretty moderate, so I thought I needed more water. Water eased the headache but I had to put this stuff down because I started getting tingling all over my head mainly my scalp. I am almost positive its the juice. The only other time I felt this weird tingling was when trying WTAs, and I am pretty sure this juice definitly does not contain WTAs lol So it leads me to think its either the type of Nic, or alcohol. Now for the last few weeks I have been vaping Heathers Heavenly Vapes NET purity line at max VG but I do use a 70Vg/30pg aftificail tobacco juice once in awhile because I like the taste of it. So I am pretty sure this is not a PG/VG prob, and it's not a nic level prob because this Butterfinger Swirl is only 6mg and im used to 12mg. Wondering if any others have had this issue with this company, or might know whats the deal with this? Right now I am airing out the bottle of butterfinger swirl to get rid of any alcohols. Could alcohol in the juice cause this tingling?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Just got this new juice in called Butterfinger Swirl by SAUZ at 6mg nic, its 80/vg/20pg 120ml was $22. Vaping it for about 3 hours now and at first I felt a slight headache coming on, which is rare for me. Then it got pretty moderate, so I thought I needed more water. Water eased the headache but I had to put this stuff down because I started getting tingling all over my head mainly my scalp. I am almost positive its the juice. The only other time I felt this weird tingling was when trying WTAs, and I am pretty sure this juice definitly does not contain WTAs lol So it leads me to think its either the type of Nic, or alcohol. Now for the last few weeks I have been vaping Heathers Heavenly Vapes NET purity line at max VG but I do use a 70Vg/30pg aftificail tobacco juice once in awhile because I like the taste of it. So I am pretty sure this is not a PG/VG prob, and it's not a nic level prob because this Butterfinger Swirl is only 6mg and im used to 12mg. Wondering if any others have had this issue with this company, or might know whats the deal with this? Right now I am airing out the bottle of butterfinger swirl to get rid of any alcohols. Could alcohol in the juice cause this tingling?

How long have you been vaping now?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Anything could be causing the tingling, including different ingredients (and I'm not talking like, different nic or pg RATIOS, but the actual manufacturer of PG, VG and nic.) It could also be a flavoring that doesn't agree with you, it could be anything. It could require more steeping, and sure, breathe it for a bit as you are steeping it, it can't hurt (I also learned about this new thing, to me, called purging, where you sort of "burp" the juice and it lets alcohols out.

So by all means, see if you can improve it although IDK, tingling in the head sounds unpleasant, so I'd recommend moving to a different juice if you can and then playing around with that one with steeping, purging and etc., to see if it improves. But, it may or many not. So vape something else in the meantime.

Anna

Reactions: ags79

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
Tried the juice today after letting it breath for the night. Tingling sensation didn't happen. Not really sure to be honest kinda weird. Maybe the weird stuff evaporated, maybe it had nothing to do with juice at all. Only thing that made me think it was the juice is its only happen while vaping and just the two times, once with WTA and once with that butterfinger

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Tried the juice today after letting it breath for the night. Tingling sensation didn't happen. Not really sure to be honest kinda weird. Maybe the weird stuff evaporated, maybe it had nothing to do with juice at all. Only thing that made me think it was the juice is its only happen while vaping and just the two times, once with WTA and once with that butterfinger

What kind of "weird stuff" do you think could be in your eliquid?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@ags79 - If you let it breathe, and the weird tingling went away when you vaped it...I'd bet it was ethyl alcohol that caused it. I can tell within seconds if an eliquid I try, or a flavoring I've used in my DIY, has ethyl alcohol in it. I get a back base of the head headache.

I shake the beegeebees out of it to cause lots of tiny bubbles, and then let it breathe (evaporate off the ethyl alcohol overnight or even longer). You can then usually see a sort of whitish ring in the bottle, just above the top of the eliquid. I can vape it then with no problems at all, 'cause I know the EA is gone.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
guess I need to make a habit of letting them breathe a bit.

Don't forget to shake it a bunch first, to cause lots of bubbles. It's when those pop that the EA is evaporating off more quickly and easily then, especially if it's high VG eliquid.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Yea that sounds about right, i'm super sensitive to alcohols, guess I need to make a habit of letting them breathe a bit.

Yes, if you are sensitive it is best to let them breathe a bit.

Speaking of which, I know you enjoy HHV NET's. I don't know if you are aware of the recommended steeping process involving these very popular liquids. It is suggested that you let them breathe for 1 or even 2 days so that the alcohol evaporates, this really helps the steeping process. There is a Heather's Heavenly Vapes sub forum here and the dedicated members there are a valuable source of information.

Since we are on the topic, which juices do you like from HHV?

AriesFire

Jul 24, 2018
Hi

while it can be some other factor , this sounds like a very classic case of too much nicotine . This is exactly the feeling you will get , it's a "buzz" of sorts , much like taking a small dose of cannabis or alchol maybe for some . You are fine however you did not mention the output of your device , this will change the effect of any amount of nicotine . Now , you are used to 12 sure but many factors are involved internally when you're exposed to the nicotine .

if you feel like this , start with a good healthy glass or bottle of water . This will help you feel better shortly and of course , discontinue the use of your device until things improve for a little bit . I hope this helps! i had some interesting experiences plenty times in the beginning days of mixing , it happens .

Reactions: ags79

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
Yes, if you are sensitive it is best to let them breathe a bit.

Speaking of which, I know you enjoy HHV NET's. I don't know if you are aware of the recommended steeping process involving these very popular liquids. It is suggested that you let them breathe for 1 or even 2 days so that the alcohol evaporates, this really helps the steeping process. There is a Heather's Heavenly Vapes sub forum here and the dedicated members there are a valuable source of information.

Since we are on the topic, which juices do you like from HHV?
I have all the purity line , im steeping them now, I think I prefer huntsman and serendipity. Couldnt really taste the chocolate in temptation and oompa. Been vaping almost 2 month now.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I have all the purity line , im steeping them now, I think I prefer huntsman and serendipity. Couldnt really taste the chocolate in temptation and oompa. Been vaping almost 2 month now.

I love the purity line. I haven't vaped HHV in a while and just discussing them make me want some.

This might help with the description and various juices they have, it was supplied to me by a member here by the name of Bronze:

1 Caramel Apple Tobacco (as described)
2 Dark Horse* (earthy, plain)
3 Dragon's Fire* (choco chip, honey)
4 Legend* (hints of cherry-like flavor)
5 Gaia* (Earthy)
6 Georgia Peach Tobacco (as described)
7 Maple, Eh?* (Grassy w/Maple note)
8 Sludge* (raisin/plum)
9 Heavenly Army* (creamy base, graham top note)
10 Heavenly Tobacco (nutty RY4)
11 Huntsman* (grassy/earthy)
12 Jiggy* (gummy bears)
13 Oompa* (dark choco)
14 Pirate's Booty* (choco/tea)
15 Serendipity* (choco/tea)
16 Shadow* (creamy, light vanilla)
17 Swish Sweet (same as the cigar)
18 Temptation* (dark chocolate with medium creamy note)
19 Vapin' Chimp (banana)1 Caramel Apple Tobacco (as described)
2 Dark Horse* (earthy, plain)
3 Dragon's Fire* (choco chip, honey)
4 Legend* (hints of cherry-like flavor)
5 Gaia* (Earthy)
6 Georgia Peach Tobacco (as described)
7 Maple, Eh?* (Grassy w/Maple note)
8 Sludge* (raisin/plum)
9 Heavenly Army* (creamy base, graham top note)
10 Heavenly Tobacco (nutty RY4)
11 Huntsman* (grassy/earthy)
12 Jiggy* (gummy bears)
13 Oompa* (dark choco)
14 Pirate's Booty* (choco/tea)
15 Serendipity* (choco/tea)
16 Shadow* (creamy, light vanilla)
17 Swish Sweet (same as the cigar)
18 Temptation* (dark chocolate with medium creamy note)
19 Vapin' Chimp (banana)

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
Hi

while it can be some other factor , this sounds like a very classic case of too much nicotine . This is exactly the feeling you will get , it's a "buzz" of sorts , much like taking a small dose of ........ or alchol maybe for some . You are fine however you did not mention the output of your device , this will change the effect of any amount of nicotine . Now , you are used to 12 sure but many factors are involved internally when you're exposed to the nicotine .

if you feel like this , start with a good healthy glass or bottle of water . This will help you feel better shortly and of course , discontinue the use of your device until things improve for a little bit . I hope this helps! i had some interesting experiences plenty times in the beginning days of mixing , it happens .
So I let this juice breathe and mixed it in a magnetic stirrer really well and let it sit a couple days with the cap off. Tried it the other day didn't really get the sensation. But tried it again using a .5 coil at 40 Watts and my whole head feels tingly and fuzzy. This juice is supposed to be at 6 mg nicotine. I don't know what's going on with it, this is not a nicotine buzz this is like inhaling some strange weirdness

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
Well I contacted the company and they said that it might have been a bad batch and too much nicotine was put in. And they also said that they do not use alcohol and their juice. So they offered to send me a replacement bottle which is 120 ml and an additional other flavor in 120 ml. That's pretty nice of them so I guess I'll try it one more time because it does smell really good. Now I'm wondering how much nicotine I actually smoked LOL

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Skeebo

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Some of these can take a couple months to really shine, and Bronze suggests taking the little spout thing off the bottle and letting them sit for 24-48 hours... it helps really kick start the steeping process.
I love hhv nets , my favs are dragons fire and sludge, but also vape temptation and a couple others. Dragon's Fire is actually the best juice I have ever vaped , but I actually like it better fresh out of the bottle. I had had some that was getting on 2 to 3 months and it lost that little sweetness and had much more straight tobacco which wasn't quite as good.....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Skeebo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread