Status
Not open for further replies.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Drew,
These going to be available in stainless steel?
I find the black sticker makes them to tight for the ego cones. That's why I always get the 2.0 ohm in stainless. I ordered 2 boxes can't wait to try them. The Darwin won't fry these puppies?
I peeled one to match it up to the stainless on my Super-T. It looks great and took 5 minutes. Drew's right on the refrigerator trick. It rarely leaves any adhesive that way.

ditc
I tried em on 808 batteries w/adapter and they wouldn't fire off. Standard 510's did so I know the adapter wasn't junk. Seems the adapters I have don't connect well. It could be the reason, but I suspect something more.

Drew
Been vaping on the thing nearly 3 days off and on. Battery life seems similar to a regular 510, but I don't draw as long on this carto. No need...vapor is instant and thick. I'm sipping on this thing, where that is uncommon for me normally.
Longevity? we'll see.

Da Pig.

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
thanks for the response guys! just a little background on what i have... i'm predominantly a krd808 user, but early on into my vaping, back in mid-2009, i decided to try a 510 kit because i had heard great things. ordered a kit and a bunch of supplies from a vendor in china, and when i got them, i wasn't impressed. i caught a lot of flack for it at the time from people on the forum! the 510 kit i had was the 3 piece version (separate atomizer and separate carts). i pretty much gave up on it, and have never used or tried a cartomizer version of a 510, so that's why i was wondering about using those batteries i've had from 2 years ago that have just been sitting there. i'm interested in seeing how they compare with the krd808, especially now with this much talked about dual coil cartomizer. can anyone tell me what the preferable battery is to use with this? i looked on the nhaler site, and these look nice, Joye Tech 510 Manual Mega Batteries
but are these made more for these cartomizers than presumably what i have from 2 years ago? if not, what is a better battery (without going into all the mod stuff) to be used with these new cartomizers? also, 2 quick questions about the battery i posted the link to... what is the cutoff time of these, and will they charge in the 510 chargers i have from 2 years ago? thanks! and sorry for the long-winded post!

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
If you are really interested in maximizing vapor and over battery life, check out these kits...
Riva with LED Ends
The 510s have changed dramatically over the last 2 years and the ones I sell are manual (with button) so they dont have a cut-off...
Thanks,
Drew

thanks for the info drew! that riva kit looks interesting, although i was hoping to try out these new dual coil cartomizers without getting a whole new kit/setup. just to see how i like them. is the riva designed to be used with a cart and separate atomizer, instead of a cartomizer? i only ask, because it seems to come with separate atomizers and carts in the kit, but not cartomizers. also, would the mega 510 manual batteries work well with these new cartomizers? or are those batteries really designed to be used with a different type of cartomizer or cart/atomizer combo? thanks! ;)

Drew.
I don't care for other than cig sized e-cigs. It looks like a nice unit, but not something I would like to walk around with personally. I want to emulate a cig not a cigar. Even the 510's to me are too heavy to hang in the mouth, but there's not much smaller out there.
So if I destroy a few $10.00, 510 or 808D-1 batteries in the process, no loss. The 808D-1's are 280mah. I'm going to try them on an adapter, but at present the 510's are holding up.
I have 13 batteries laying around for experimenting with. Time will tell how well they last.

Whereas I can appreciate all the mods and special stuff out there, it's just not for me.
Thanks.

Pigheaded

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
The Mega 510 will work , but as I said, it will definately shrten the life span of the battery...That battery which would normally last (for the sake of example) 6 months , could last half that time , more or less, give or take...The charge will also not last nearly as long.
These batteries are designed to provide under an amp of power. When you run an LR product you could be drawing over 2 amps every puff. Thanks
Drew

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
thanks for the info drew! that riva kit looks interesting, although i was hoping to try out these new dual coil cartomizers without getting a whole new kit/setup. just to see how i like them. is the riva designed to be used with a cart and separate atomizer, instead of a cartomizer? i only ask, because it seems to come with separate atomizers and carts in the kit, but not cartomizers. also, would the mega 510 manual batteries work well with these new cartomizers? or are those batteries really designed to be used with a different type of cartomizer or cart/atomizer combo? thanks! ;)

Dits, any battery with a 510 connection, be it a stock 510, Riva, eGo, Tornado etc., will work with any 510 cartomizer; if you just want to try a new carto, you can use any 510 battery. However, for long time use, I wouldn't recommend using any LR cartos (under 2.0Ω) on batteries smaller than 450 mAh. As Drew said, LR atty will mow through the small batteries stressing them beyond their capacity and shortening their lifespan considerably.

Hi, Drew, those dual-coil cartos look very interesting. BTW, I watched your video on youtube; nice job! Keep bringing all those new toys to us! Take care!

Do you have any plans on getting 510 or kr808>GoGo adapters? I'd like to try the GoGo cartos without buying the batteries... Any hope?

Last edited:
I don't know if this plays into the factor (battery stress/life), but one thing I have noticed with this dual coil is I don't have to draw down hard to get enough vapor to satisfy. 1 to 2 seconds is it. It then matches the normal 510 carto's in vape production at 4 to 5 seconds.
Oh, If I want to show off, I might really lay into it, but for the most part...like a real cig...it's a quick fast inhale and done. Love the matching of the real thing (cig).

After 4 days, what I have noticed is I'm going through a similar amount of juice, because my inhales are shorter(oh maybe a slight bit more), and battery recharges are on a similar timeline as a regular carto as well. All due to inhalation differences. It might be less, but it doesn't seem like it. I guess I could test time it.

This has to factor into battery life.
Time will tell.
And again, at $10,00 each for 510 batteries,,I could care less, as long as the size meets my standards (cig sized).
I sell at a kiosk a few days a week to help them out (and get cheap prices on 808D-1's). No new vaper I have ever met wants a large setup. It's foreign to their smoking habits.
I do want to get a good adapter and try to run this dual coil on an 808D-1 battery. It would kick the mah up from 180mah to 280mah. and add a 1/2v. My first attempts failed.

It's something to be considered.

Smoked Pork

Last edited:

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
I don't know- my Darwin's battery is lasting less then before with the dual coil. The Darwin didn't even last thru my entire work day yesterday- died on me at 5pm. Yesterday I was committed to using only the dual coil carto. Luckily I have the USB charger at my office, and a car charger in the car. So I was able to keep vaping.

nbourbaki

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Cincinnati
I'm alternating between my Darwin and a 1000mah eGo with the dual cores. I'm getting 24 hours on a charge with no problem using the two PVs. I've been chain vaping so I know I'm hitting both pretty hard. New and freshly filled, the duals hit like a Mac truck and I needed to turn the wattage all the way down on my Darwin. Day 2 and multiple refills, I've been steadily turning up the wattage on the Darwin. Starting on Day 3 on the duals, I'm at 7.9 Watts.

Right now, I'm trying to see how long the duals will still put out great taste and vapor.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
so true about the Mac Truck LOL I started off putting my Darwin at 5.5w because these things are so strong. I too have been increasing and am up to 7w now. I think that is as high as I want to go with these. I started my first one on Saturday, and am still using it.

One thing I have noticed- at 7w the outer case of the carto is getting very hot real quick. So I have to let it rest frequently so that I don't burn my lips.

nbourbaki

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Cincinnati
One thing I have noticed- at 7w the outer case of the carto is getting very hot real quick. So I have to let it rest frequently so that I don't burn my lips.

When I got to 7w, I swapped out the silicone tips plugs for a couple of aluminum drip tips. The extra surface area of the aluminum keeps the carto a lot cooler.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
how are you all filling these? I have been filling the same as my other cartos- pull the mouthpiece off and drip (while rotating). The thing is that with normal cartos, I can tell by looking at the filling when they are full- the top of the filling looks like a snowcone. But with these, it never gets that appearance, and the only way I know it is full is when suddenly have have drops coming out the battery end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread