New JUMBO Low Resistance 510 Dual Coil Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
I just popped the top on my 3rd one (wanted to change flavors). Looked inside and there was no hole at all LOL. I put a paperclip up thru the bottom and was able to figure out where the hole is- the filling had overlapped and covered the hole. Had to spend a minute clearing out the filling over the hole before I filled it.

Yeah, there are some inconsistencies with these. But I'm still going to order more.

nbourbaki

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Cincinnati
Cuseguy- 4 hours less on the Darwin is about what I'm experiencing too. I have started running a USB cable on my Darwin while I'm sitting at my desk in order to make sure my Darwin lasts all day. Its a good trade-off considering how few of times I need to fill the carto thru the day.

Same here. I was shocked when the Darwin didn't last a full day, and I'm alternating between a 1000mah eGo and the Darwin. The light on the display started flickering, so I assumed it was running out of juice. Long USB cable to a 10w USB power source and it's no problem.

I haven't been turning off the display between hits. Does the display draw a lot of power or was it the dualies?

Yeah
They suck (the power).
My 510 standard batteries don't go long. I do want to try em on a 808D-1 @ 350mah (a 130mm unit with standard carto on it).
I tried before with a standard 250mah 808D-1, and an adapter but it wouldn't fire off, and I finally stripped out the adapter.
Gonna have to figure out why this one wouldn't spark off, and 2ohm Boge's do.
Mosfet?

In time.

It's not so much to me, how many batteries I go through in a day, but it would be good to increase the time some, and protect the longevity of the batteries overall life. I have 13 batteries to play with and carry 3 to 5 on any given day.

Pork lips

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
i know things evolve but why do they comeout with newer bling~bling~ every day??? ok these look very tempting. would they use up the riva battery quicker than a boge LR atty?

My guess is....probably. You can see most of us are getting somewhat less battery life with them. With that said, the flavor and vapor production is pretty impressive for a 510LR.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Despite the lower battery life, I'm totally sold on these. The flavor production is just un-equaled by any other carto IMHO. I ordered one box of these to test out. I ordered more last week. This is going to be my go-to carto unless something new/better comes out.

I totally agree word for word. They're great on the Darwin obviously, but they are all I am using now on my 3.7V mods.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
i know these have not been around for long so this question might not be answered: can you re-fill these few times before you have to toss them? being that they are 1.8 ml, i would only need 3 of them filled every day, compared to dripping 10-15 times ...10 drops each, into my stock ego cart.

Sure...I put two of them into service when I got them about 10 days ago and they are both still working well...no funky taste and draw is still good. Some users are starting to lose one here and there but no heavy death tolls at this point.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
i know these have not been around for long so this question might not be answered: can you re-fill these few times before you have to toss them? being that they are 1.8 ml, i would only need 3 of them filled every day, compared to dripping 10-15 times ...10 drops each, into my stock ego cart.

My first one lasted from Saturday til Wednesday, for the most part that was all I was using. Re-filled it multiple times per day. By Wed afternoon it started tasting funky. But yeah, I filled it 3-4 times per day, so that was a lot of fills.

rmerriett

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Wisconsin
So I was using an Omega at 6v but wanted to try something that would allow me to go to a smaller unit like the Alpha or BB. I got mine Saturday and I can't be happier with how they perform. I'm using an 18650 battery and the draw, flavor, and vapor production is just about perfect. I've been using the same carto for two days now and it's still going strong, but I can't comment on the Constancy between multiple cartos yet. If I can get 5-6 days out of one I'll be sold for sure, and get myself a smaller device.

The only down side if you want to call it that, is I'm use to just topping off my cartos when they start to get low by dripping. These you'll want to actually fill from the bottom to ensure both coils are wet. Takes more time of course, but they last a lot longer than a reg carto does and doesn't need to be filled/topped off as often. Then again I was using my reg Carto's at 6v, so I'm sure That was burning through juice a lot faster too. Either way, if your on the fence with trying these I recommend you do.

rmerriett
Been filling the dual coils from the top since I've owned em (about 2 wks.) No issues, and I just add 10 drops or so when it looks dry on top. The coils are evenly spaced inside the housing. It's quite important to keep that top one wet, and the bottom one is in the standard location.
I've dissect 2 of them so far and not so much as a singe , but then I haven't let them dry out much and haven't run em long term.
1st one I ruined by accidently snagging the coil with a paper clip, removing the cap.
2nd one never vaped right and the draw was tough. I broke it down as well.

Jury (to me) is still out on longevity and burn, but so far ok. Q,C.is not the best on em from what I've seen, but I haven't given up on em yet.

rmerriett

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Wisconsin
yea, my initial fill is from the bottom, but I do add more to the top to ensure both coils are wet. I prob don't top them off often enough but will start. I haven't tried many of the newer types of cartos out there, so maybe thats why I'm so impressed. I have also used it on my Ego, and it works just as good. I just have the normal 650mah battery and don't want to ruin it. I Love the fact that I can get a similar if not a better vape from such a small device compared to my Omega at 6v. I'll be looking for the best/smallest device I can use with these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread